PDA

View Full Version : If you don't think the MEDIA is firmly trying to supplant Miss State with Ohio State

cheewgumm
11-23-2014, 08:07 PM
look no further than the new CBS Power poll.

With that impressive victory over Indiana, Ohio State supplnts State at 4.

shoeless joe
11-23-2014, 08:12 PM
I absolutely think the media wants as few SEC teams in as possible, and ohio state is a media darling. It started in the bama post game with spencer Tillman.

I just don't think any of it matters.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Just wanting hits.

Ap (media)

4. State
7. Osu

Smitty
11-23-2014, 08:15 PM
The sports media is exactly the same type of people as the news media. Libs on the agenda warpath and if you think they want a school from MISSISSIPPI in there, you are sadly mistaken. Just like the news media all they do is spin spin spin with the narrative.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Liberals like Alabama, Florida State (located in the super-Republican Florida panhandle), and super-Christian schools from Texas, but are conspiring against the FBS school with the highest African-American enrollment percentage?

I wish it were liberals with agendas driving the selection process. We'd be a lock.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Liberals like Alabama, Florida State (located in the super-Republican Florida panhandle), and super-Christian schools from Texas, but are conspiring against the FBS school with the highest African-American enrollment percentage?

I wish it were liberals with agendas driving the selection process. We'd be a lock.

Obama carried Ohio thus the media feels they owe the Buckeyes over us*

Smitty
11-23-2014, 08:47 PM

We all know they see Mississippi as in the 1960's and no one else.. Who else gets that treatment with the Wright Thompson nonsense.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2014, 09:03 PM
We all know they see Mississippi as in the 1960's and no one else.. Who else gets that treatment with the Wright Thompson nonsense.

We all know this? Damn, I must have missed the memo.

Anyway, if it actually were just liberals with axes to grind and no knowledge of football driving the debate, Florida State (rapist QB and wife-beating RB, neither of which was ever punished at all) and TCU/Baylor (super right-wing Christian schools) would be instantly disqualified and Alabama, Oregon, Mississippi State, and Ohio State would all be in by default. The fact that we're 1st in AA% would bolster our case even more.

Oh, and remember that the Committee includes 2 Republican politicians and 0 Democratic ones, so even if you were correct somehow, we'd still be OK.

CowtownDawg
11-23-2014, 11:23 PM
We all know this? Damn, I must have missed the memo.

Anyway, if it actually were just liberals with axes to grind and no knowledge of football driving the debate, Florida State (rapist QB and wife-beating RB, neither of which was ever punished at all) and TCU/Baylor (super right-wing Christian schools) would be instantly disqualified and Alabama, Oregon, Mississippi State, and Ohio State would all be in by default. The fact that we're 1st in AA% would bolster our case even more.

Oh, and remember that the Committee includes 2 Republican politicians and 0 Democratic ones, so even if you were correct somehow, we'd still be OK.

Just for the record, I live in Fort Worth and TCU is about as far from super right wing Christian school as you can possibly get. Don't let Christian in the school name fool you. I would posit that State is closer to super right wing Christian than TCU.

FlabLoser
11-23-2014, 11:41 PM
All about ratings. They one 4 teams from 4 different Power 5 conferences.

It was cute when various media members has 2-3 SEC teams in their brackets. But not now. Somebody said that shit has to stop. The suits want 4 different Power 5 teams in there.