PDA

View Full Version : Egg bowl defense

msstate7
11-23-2014, 05:11 PM
How will they attack us? I think the only way that makes sense is screens. I'm sure bo will play, but he won't be a running threat. They can't line it up and run or pass block us. We have to play disciplined and watch for those middle rb screens and trick plays. Wr and rb screens will be their gameplan imo

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 05:13 PM
WR screens and quick slants are about 70% of their offense it seems. I don't see them changing that with Treadwell out and Bo limping.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Who draws engram? Wells? Whoever it is may be our most important defender sat

FlabLoser
11-23-2014, 05:21 PM
No Treadwell. Tunsil out or hurt. Bo is limping or out. Backup QBs are shit. No inside running game.

This will be a shutout.

I am tempted to say we'll blow them out on their own field, but there is an awful lot of fight in their defense. Would be glorious to make their ass quit.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 05:24 PM
No Treadwell. Tunsil out or hurt. Bo is limping or out. Backup QBs are shit. No inside running game.

This will be a shutout.

I am tempted to say we'll blow them out on their own field, but there is an awful lot of fight in their defense. Would be glorious to make their ass quit.

A quick start is a must. They're rattled. We can't allow them to hang around and gain confidence. If we hit them early and hard, I think they fold.

GreenheadDawg
11-23-2014, 05:25 PM

This will be a shutout.

Agreed. Their defense is still very good. They will keep it from being a blow out

AlmostPositive
11-23-2014, 05:29 PM
I would take even odds that they have more sacks and turnovers than points. Ditto for penalties. They are no longer a good team.

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 06:16 PM
I believe they will try to do the same thing theyve been doing, run the ball to try and keep us honest even though they have no running game, and aside from the quick screens you mentioned they will probably take a few shots down field to sanders and engram thinking they could hit some big plays. I think we would put Wells on engram if thats the plan, i dont see collins doing that though, he didnt devote one guy to any big WR or TE we've played this year. I do expect us to own them defensively though. Dont see how they can score more than 10ish (if that) if we dont turn it over

Coach34
11-23-2014, 06:53 PM
They cant block our front. We can play 5 in the box alot and say "Run the ball- I dare you"

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 07:03 PM
I think we will win the battle up front and pretty much own them on defense, as bad as losing treadwell hurt them on the field, it hurt them a lot more mentally it seems.

AlmostPositive
11-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Tunsil being hurt and/or listening to his mama probably hurts as much as losing Paidwell. Their line is below average with him; when he's out it blows chunks.

Coach34
11-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Big Softie got his ass whipped yesterday. Preston Smith will make his ass quit Saturday

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
i think we can realistically shut them out if we play ball and dont turn it over. we have allowed 6 points in the last 95 minutes of play

msstate7
11-23-2014, 07:31 PM
i think we can realistically shut them out if we play ball and dont turn it over. we have allowed 6 points in the last 95 minutes of play

Our defense has really stepped it up lately

I seen it dawg
11-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Beni will annihilate any attempt at inside screens.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Beni will annihilate any attempt at inside screens.

I think so too. He's too smart to trick

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 07:42 PM
lads i can just tell you this game could get ugly. state is ready on both sides