PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt is killing it on Twitter today

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Baylor has beaten 3 teams all year with a winning record.

Read his twitter timeline and enjoy and make sure everyone sees this. Clicking on the tweets and reading the replies offers even more insight

https://twitter.com/MaroonWyatt

FlabLoser
11-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Wyatt has been spot on for weeks in his discussion of the CFP poll.

It is shocking how much national media just doesn't get it. The committee goes to good lengths to pick the 4 best teams. The media wants to talk about the old way with blind faith in W-L records, non-conference scheduling, etc. Seeing an undefeated FSU at 3, 4, or even worse (maybe) is aweome. The old way would have them the default #1 team.

MSUDawg4Life
11-23-2014, 02:10 PM
A lot of our people are bringing straight heat today. Hitting them with the facts. It's good to see our peeps stand up for our team. We might want to retweet some of this stuff to the major sports outlets.

SDDawg
11-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Matt Wyatt is going to end up on a bigger stage if he keeps this up, the guy has the most lucid and compelling explanation of the CFB playoff process that I've seen from anyone. Absolutely outstanding work.

M.Fillmore
11-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Keep it up Matt. I love Matt's point that if being a conference champ is the main criteria, then why have a committee.
I'm afraid Shotgun is right though, unless bama, FSU, Ducks or Ohio State lose in the next three weeks, we will get screwed.

tcdog70
11-23-2014, 02:38 PM
If we are going to get screwed then it should have been after our loss to Bama. since we have looked better. And OSU, TCU and FlSt have looked like shit on a shingle.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Keep it up Matt. I love Matt's point that if being a conference champ is the main criteria, then why have a committee.
I'm afraid Shotgun is right though, unless bama, FSU, Ducks or Ohio State lose in the next three weeks, we will get screwed.

I don't remember Shotgun saying this

KB21
11-23-2014, 03:43 PM
I do not understand where this idea that we are going to get screwed if Ohio State, TCU, or Baylor wins out. IMO, this is the typical "woe is me" attitude that Mississippi State fans are known for.

The committee had their chance to elevate one of those teams over us after the loss to Alabama. They didn't. We are 4th, and we just dominated an SEC opponent while Ohio State and Baylor struggled some against their conference opponents.

M.Fillmore
11-23-2014, 03:58 PM

I thought you said it, if not, my apologies.
Either way, I think we need someone above us to lose. A lot of money was paid for televising the playoffs. This is a made for TV affair and I fear maximizing the ratings will supercede doing the right thing.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2014, 04:09 PM
Also, why do people keep forgetting that Ohio State needed over-time to beat a below avg Penn State team that lost to Illinois yesterday? Blows my mind.

dawgs
11-23-2014, 04:12 PM
I do not understand where this idea that we are going to get screwed if Ohio State, TCU, or Baylor wins out. IMO, this is the typical "woe is me" attitude that Mississippi State fans are known for.

The committee had their chance to elevate one of those teams over us after the loss to Alabama. They didn't. We are 4th, and we just dominated an SEC opponent while Ohio State and Baylor struggled some against their conference opponents.

Amen about the attitude.

mstatefan91
11-23-2014, 04:13 PM
I thought you said it, if not, my apologies.
Either way, I think we need someone above us to lose. A lot of money was paid for televising the playoffs. This is a made for TV affair and I fear maximizing the ratings will supercede doing the right thing.

There would be no lack of eyes on a Bama/State re-match. It would probably break the ratings record for a college football game.

Dead serious

CadaverDawg
11-23-2014, 04:13 PM

So you really don't understand why? It's because the committee says they will weigh in Conference Championships, it's not that difficult. And because the media is politicking for those 3 over us....AND because our resume is looking worse by the day with people like LSU, A&M, Auburn, and OM looking much worse than they once did.

I'm not saying anybody will jump us, but to say "I don't understand why some worry", or "it is just woe is me MSU", is just simply not paying attention. It is very possible that we are jumped. We need to take care of business and hope Conference Championships don't hold a shit ton of weight if all of he top teams win out.

Where I think we will be fine, is because LSU or A&M will be back in the Top 25, and Arkansas has a chance to sneak in as well. So I'm confident our final resume will look solid....but I'm also realistic enough to realize that we aren't a lock just by beating OM.

dawgs
11-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Also, why do people keep forgetting that Ohio State needed over-time to beat a below avg Penn State team that lost to Illinois yesterday? Blows my mind.

And one of the worst blown calls I've ever seen. And then the replay refs confirmed it because they claimed the feed went out to the booth. Abc was showing america what the correct call was the the replay refs couldnt have looked at the jumbotron or walked next door into the pressbox or a suite?

TheRef
11-23-2014, 04:16 PM
And one of the worst blown calls I've ever seen. And then the replay refs confirmed it because they claimed the feed went out to the booth. Abc was showing america what the correct call was the the replay refs couldnt have looked at the jumbotron or walked next door into the pressbox or a suite?

Wait....they said they called the play confirmed because the feed went out in the replay booth? If that was the case, then they should have said the play stands, not confirmed.

LiterallyPolice
11-23-2014, 04:21 PM

I'm fairly confident we are only "known for" this among our our own fan base, particularly among those that like to bust it out to somehow bolster their current argument.

We are #4. We are on the bubble. The media is having a field day prognosticating the myriad ways we could lock up that spot or choke it away. A large portion of ANY fanbase would be worried/anxious.

dawgs
11-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Wait....they said they called the play confirmed because the feed went out in the replay booth? If that was the case, then they should have said the play stands, not confirmed.

Well I don't know if they said confirmed, upheld, or stands, but they didn't tell the stadium that the play was unreviewable due to the feed going out. Wasn't until after the game that anyone knew about that, everyone just didn't understtand how they blew the call.

whosyourdawgy
11-23-2014, 06:08 PM

I have been saying this for at least 2 weeks now. And I am dead on with it too. If OSU wins out it won't make a bit of difference what we do. We could beat ole miss 99-0 and if OSU wins out, we won't be at 4. Unless OSU and Baylor lose below us or FSU or Oregon lose above us, we will get screwed over. There are too many pundits pushing the major market teams and the committee will look at conference champions harder than sec west co champs. It ain't right and it ain't fair but that is the cards we are dealt right now. If you don't believe me, you aren't being honest with yourself. Kirk Herbstreit has OSU at 4 already and we don't even know where he has us. Kanell has us at 6 behind OSU and Baylor. He has made it clear he doesn't want 2 teams from the same conference in the playoff which is ludicrous. Hell the guy calling our game last night was all but putting us in our grave all night. I know this committee has been good so far but they watch and read all this shit. I may be wrong and God I hope I am but I'm not. We need help to maintain our spot in the playoffs. All we can do is best the shit out of the bears and hope things work out

dawgs
11-23-2014, 06:15 PM
I have been saying this for at least 2 weeks now. And I am dead on with it too. If OSU wins out it won't make a bit of difference what we do. We could beat ole miss 99-0 and if OSU wins out, we won't be at 4. Unless OSU and Baylor lose below us or FSU or Oregon lose above us, we will get screwed over. There are too many pundits pushing the major market teams and the committee will look at conference champions harder than sec west co champs. It ain't right and it ain't fair but that is the cards we are dealt right now. If you don't believe me, you aren't being honest with yourself. Kirk Herbstreit has OSU at 4 already and we don't even know where he has us. Kanell has us at 6 behind OSU and Baylor. He has made it clear he doesn't want 2 teams from the same conference in the playoff which is ludicrous. Hell the guy calling our game last night was all but putting us in our grave all night. I know this committee has been good so far but they watch and read all this shit. I may be wrong and God I hope I am but I'm not. We need help to maintain our spot in the playoffs. All we can do is best the shit out of the bears and hope things work out

If we win out and get jumped, you can have all my vcash.

mstatefan91
11-23-2014, 06:18 PM
You need to close the laptop, breathe, and realize that you don't have any clue just like the rest of us don't have any clue.

Oh and great reference with Kanell*

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2014, 06:20 PM

You may be right, but you don't KNOW anything. Don't speak in absolutes, like Barrett Sallee, unless you have proof.

1. We are still ranked #4 in the AP and Ohio State is 7th. It's not close right now. Sure, ESPN had a big platform to push an agenda, but apparently, a ton of AP pollsters believe in us. Not sure who they are but they but they've had a chance to listen to ESPN and haven't dropped us. Is the committee really going to go against the AP and Coaches Polls? I'm not sure they do.

2. ESPN's analysts aren't a part of the committee and don't have to make decisions. Why would they jump Ohio State over TCU and Baylor? Right now OSU is ranked behind them.

Someone will lose. Happens every year. Stop speaking in absolutes because you don't KNOW shit.

It drives me crazy how Barrett Sallee speaks in absolutes when he has no clue either. It insinuates extreme arrogance about your opinion.

Percho
11-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Help is on the way.

Au Barn will beat the elephant.

thunderclap
11-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Danny Kanell as a reference?