PDA

View Full Version : Holloway and Shump

Political Hack
11-23-2014, 01:08 PM
both looked pretty solid last night. I was a little worried about RB next year if JRob goes, which I expect him to. But those two are looking better and better.

Dawgface
11-23-2014, 01:10 PM
I was talking to a friend this morning about these two. They have made good progress.

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Shump is hitting the hole like a guy his size should, Holloway is a home run threat

CadaverDawg
11-23-2014, 01:14 PM
I think Shump is looking better and better every game. That I-Formation downhill plunge where he ran over the Linebacker last night was a thing of beauty.

SignalToNoise
11-23-2014, 01:19 PM
I still have mixed feelings about Holloway. Bama DBs had no problem arm-tackling him. A stiff fart is enough to knock him over.

defiantdog
11-23-2014, 01:27 PM
I still have mixed feelings about Holloway. Bama DBs had no problem arm-tackling him. A stiff fart is enough to knock him over.

Holloway will lose touches next year and be nonexistent the year after that. Shump always looks great against lesser competition. Williams and Lee will both be in the fold next year..... and who knows which freshman RB will stand out and get play time.

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 01:35 PM
i wouldnt give up on holloway just yet, if he gets a sliver he can take it a long way

CadaverDawg
11-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Holloway is not, and never will be, a SEC caliber running back. There is a reason the only time we've said his name in a positive way this season is when we played UT Martin and Vandy. He seems like a good guy though.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Holloway did have a long run against A&M also.

Political Hack
11-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Holloway is not, and never will be, a SEC caliber running back. There is a reason the only time we've said his name in a positive way this season is when we played UT Martin and Vandy. He seems like a good guy though.

hes a change of pace back. he's never going to be a workhorse but I don't think anyone is expecting that of him either.

Intramural All-American
11-23-2014, 02:01 PM
both looked pretty solid last night. I was a little worried about RB next year if JRob goes, which I expect him to. But those two are looking better and better.

Why do you expect JRob to go? I've seen nothing that points to him being a top 2 round pick.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 02:02 PM
If we could run a good middle rb screen with holloway, he'd be deadly

basedog
11-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Hack, no way is JRob going Pro, from people that are close to him say there is no such talk. JRob is a very good college player, but a Pro player, don't see that and I hope I'm wrong. Btw, he seems to have developed a habit of wanting to bounce outside too much. He needs to get up the field more imo, he has been a beast and I hope he gets his 100 yards against the Black Bears!

CadaverDawg
11-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Hack, no way is JRob going Pro, from people that are close to him say there is no such talk. JRob is a very good college player, but a Pro player, don't see that and I hope I'm wrong. Btw, he seems to have developed a habit of wanting to bounce outside too much. He needs to get up the field more imo, he has been a beast and I hope he gets his 100 yards against the Black Bears!

I noticed that too about him trying to bounce outside too much. It started after the big Kentucky game he had. Now it has become a habit. It hurt us against Bama, and it will hurt us against OM if he does it next weekend. The better SEC teams have too much speed on defense to try and bounce everyone wide.

basedog
11-23-2014, 02:12 PM
The coaches have been getting on him for not hitting the hole, and yes it is becoming a bad habit. Competition is a good thing and Shump showed how to hit the hole and put punishment on the defense last night. Should motivated JRob, I don't think he likes sitting on the sidelines.