PDA

View Full Version : Loved seeing coach Sherrill at the game on TV last night. Showing his age a little...

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 11:58 AM
like we all are. I was at MSU in '90 when he was hired, and still remember him handing out doughnuts while I was in line for the LSU basketball game at the HUMP that would clinch the SEC. Great memories.

Sacrifice
11-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah The Kang was lookin sharp last night. Walking the sideline with confidence, like it was swinging past his knees.

Todd4State
11-23-2014, 12:47 PM
That 1994 team that was honored last night is one of my favorite MSU teams of all time. We had Taite, who is pretty much like LSU's QB right now, but we had two 225 RB's in Davis and Bouie, and then we had Moulds who was unreal plus a massive o-line- including a 300 pound TE in Kendall Watkins. Our defense was pretty solid that year too. Not like 98-99 good, but we had some players like Walt Harris, Andre Bennett, Scott Gumina, Wesley Leasey, and Dwayne Curry. Fred McCrary was the FB on that team and he played in the NFL for awhile.

We beat Tennessee and Peyton Manning that year, had to come from behind to beat a solid South Carolina team, Taite set a school record for passing against Tulane for homecoming that year, and we lost a crazy game to Alabama where Eric Moulds went completely off- but we turned the ball over too much and just ran out of gas at the end. They also beat a decent Arkansas team and then beat Ole Miss in Oxford when they were coached by Joe Lee Dunn. That Egg Bowl was played in the fog pretty much.

I won't talk about the Peach Bowl we should have won but lost because Taite and Moulds got into a fight over a girl.