PDA

View Full Version : Dak went under center in the I formation

dotcomdawg
11-23-2014, 11:38 AM
with Griffin at fullback and Shumpert dotting the I. First time I've seen that all year. I wonder if we'll see it more net week in Oxford?

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 11:42 AM
with Griffin at fullback and Shumpert dotting the I. First time I've seen that all year. I wonder if we'll see it more net week in Oxford?

I thought the same thing, at least giving the Beav something to think about.

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 11:47 AM
i hope so

Todd4State
11-23-2014, 12:22 PM
I think that was a goal line situation?

If it were me, I'd break out the diamond formation. Griffen at FB, Robinson and Shumpert as the RB's.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Y'all are going to think I'm crazy, but Ashton Shumpert could play a huge role in an Egg Bowl win. His downhill bulldozer style of running, like we saw yesterday, is exactly the way we need to run the ball on the Bears. Josh Robinson's shiftiness will have it's place...but OM's speed on defense could be neutralized with Shumpert running straight at them in I-Formation.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Dak throwing the ball around in that secondary of theirs. I really hope we can run the ball. I'm expecting Dak to carry the ball 20 times

NCDawg
11-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Y'all are going to think I'm crazy, but Ashton Shumpert could play a huge role in an Egg Bowl win. His downhill bulldozer style of running, like we saw yesterday, is exactly the way we need to run the ball on the Bears. Josh Robinson's shiftiness will have it's place...but OM's speed on defense could be neutralized with Shumpert running straight at them in I-Formation.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Dak throwing the ball around in that secondary of theirs. I really hope we can run the ball. I'm expecting Dak to carry the ball 20 times

I'm not sure we're going to be able to run the ball very well on the Ole Miss defense. Their nose guard, Gross, is about as quick as any nose guard I've ever seen. Plus they've got several other good players on their DL, including Kimdishee. Maybe we can run on them, I sure hope so, in order to loosen up their defense for passing.

Todd4State
11-23-2014, 12:38 PM

I wouldn't worry about Dak. All he needed to do was relax- and I think that's what he did the second half against Alabama and then he was relaxed against Vanderbilt.

I think it was all of the Heisman, NFL, special season talk that was getting to him- as it would most anyone else. The scary thing for our opponents is when he comes back next year, he will have experience handling all of those things and I don't think it will affect him as much. Plus, he's just going to get better and better as a passer.

RougeDawg
11-23-2014, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't worry about Dak. All he needed to do was relax- and I think that's what he did the second half against Alabama and then he was relaxed against Vanderbilt.

I think it was all of the Heisman, NFL, special season talk that was getting to him- as it would most anyone else. The scary thing for our opponents is when he comes back next year, he will have experience handling all of those things and I don't think it will affect him as much. Plus, he's just going to get better and better as a passer.

Todd, I think you are spot on. Dak started pressing after the Auburn game and Heisman talk. We were just good enough to overcome it against Vandy and Ark. We look fine and should be in playoff after next Saturday.

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 01:36 PM
We will move the ball and put up points on ole miss, if they load the box like bama did Dak will throw on them.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure we're going to be able to run the ball very well on the Ole Miss defense. Their nose guard, Gross, is about as quick as any nose guard I've ever seen. Plus they've got several other good players on their DL, including Kimdishee. Maybe we can run on them, I sure hope so, in order to loosen up their defense for passing.

I agree with this. The strength of our O-line is pass blocking. Dak had all day to throw. We aren't great when we just give it to J-rob straight ahead.

AFDawg
11-23-2014, 01:52 PM
OM has a good secondary and has sucked against the power run all year.

engie
11-23-2014, 01:57 PM
We aren't great when we just give it to J-rob straight ahead.

I'm pretty sure we lead the country in rush yards between the tackles...

HoopsDawg
11-23-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure we lead the country in rush yards between the tackles...

Maybe with Dak slamming it up the middle 20 times. I thought it was interesting how great we looked on offense last night without Dak running the ball near as much. I realize it was Vandy, but sometimes in big games I think Dan calls too many QB designed runs.

oldwave
11-23-2014, 02:03 PM
I believe Muniz was at center, trying to get seniors in on a scoring play. Could have been the reason.

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2014, 02:06 PM

I agree NC. Pruitt is a physical safety. They put him in the box with that DL. Arkansas had a tough time running in the red zone. But I am looking back to their auburn game. Auburn had 500 yards of offense. I hope we can do that.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Here's the list of good running teams OM has faced and their torals against OM:

Ull --193
Bama -- 168
Lsu -- 264
Auburn -- 248
Ark -- 159

I think 200 is very attainable

FlabLoser
11-23-2014, 02:13 PM

That's what worries me some.

Bama showed the blueprint to stop us. You do it with a good noseguard and you clog the middle. Do that, and then having a good secondary is gravy. They've got the gravy.

EAVdog
11-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Go check the stats, Bama didn't stop us from moving the ball. We killed ourselves with 3 costly turnovers. And the OM defense isn't quite as good as Bama. Especially again the run.

engie
11-23-2014, 03:45 PM
That's what worries me some.

Bama showed the blueprint to stop us. You do it with a good noseguard and you clog the middle. Do that, and then having a good secondary is gravy. They've got the gravy.

Bama didn't stop anything. Dak throwing the ball to them is the only thing that stopped us....

RougeDawg
11-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Go check the stats, Bama didn't stop us from moving the ball. We killed ourselves with 3 costly turnovers. And the OM defense isn't quite as good as Bama. Especially again the run.

Yep. If we limit turnovers this week we will roll the beav up early. We would have beaten Bama with just one less turnover. Just one.

GTHOM
11-23-2014, 06:33 PM
State will run for 200 plus and throw for 200 plus. we will move the ball and put up points. this game is about us, if we go do what we do, we will win. convincingly