PDA

View Full Version : Kentavious Thomas says..

drummerdawg
11-23-2014, 09:21 AM
"As the days go buy I wonder whose next.... Wish u the best of luck @ChasonVirgil5 ."

hope this doesn't come back and bite us too hard.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2014, 09:25 AM
"As the days go buy I wonder whose next.... Wish u the best of luck @ChasonVirgil5 ."

hope this doesn't come back and bite us too hard.

It won't, but I bet are there some recruits right now that are worried. If I knew I was one of the lower rated recruits that were committed, I'd be worried

msstate7
11-23-2014, 09:29 AM
3 pure rb commits and 4 if you count dear... I'll be surprised if we don't ask one to gray shirt

ScottH
11-23-2014, 09:52 AM
I hate it but it's part of big boy football.

We do seem to be the only school getting a PR ass rape over it though. Seriously, I wonder why that is?

SDDawg
11-23-2014, 10:03 AM
3 pure rb commits and 4 if you count dear... I'll be surprised if we don't ask one to gray shirt

Those conversations are already happening, you can bet that Chason isn't the only one. He's just the one who reacted publicly (or at least his Mom and coach did). Most kids want to be here so I'm not too worried about it, I think the whole thing blows over after Thanksgiving.

Coach34
11-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Bama does it all the time- but Saban is praised because he is such a great recruiter and people say "It's Bama, what do you expect? They get to cherry pick"....we do it and Mullen is Darth Vader suddenly

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 10:52 AM
It's called Growing Pains... we all have to get used to it.

defiantdog
11-23-2014, 11:11 AM
AL.com hits Bama pretty hard for it every year when they do it. And I have to hear it from everyone in Birmingham that AL.com favors Auburn more than Bama because of the negative publicity. This shit comes with winning. You get the best players that will make your team better. Hell, Kentavious Thomas would jump ship of Georgia offered him. It's just how it goes sometimes..... it sucks.

TUSK
11-23-2014, 11:19 AM
AL.com hits Bama pretty hard for it every year when they do it. And I have to hear it from everyone in Birmingham that AL.com favors Auburn more than Bama because of the negative publicity. This shit comes with winning. You get the best players that will make your team better. Hell, Kentavious Thomas would jump ship of Georgia offered him. It's just how it goes sometimes..... it sucks.

this is correct... Saban got a good bit of negative publicity over Med RS, "cutting" players, etc....

I heard some of it from MSU fans, even...

Bottom line, coaches are hired and paid very well to win games... sometimes, it requires doing things that some may question.