PDA

View Full Version : Leo Lewis Tonight

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2014, 12:13 AM
Will this photo be on the video board during the Egg Bowl someday or will he be wearing Maroon and White?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3GeLCTIMAAlSEA.jpg

Skydawg1
11-23-2014, 01:05 AM
http://section217.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Cowbellnewton2.jpg

SDDawg
11-23-2014, 01:12 AM
A hundred and eighty thousand reasons why this time should be different. Looking forward to having Leo as a Dawg.

coastratdog
11-23-2014, 10:16 AM
I believe Cam wanted to play for CDM but his dad had other criteria.

defiantdog
11-23-2014, 10:34 AM
I try to go to every game I possibly can, and I even travel to some of the games. But I believe Leo has been to more games this year than I have..... craziness. Our linebackers would be unstoppable with B. Brown, R. Brown, Green, Gray, and Leo all running around banging people's heads off.

On slightly different note..... next year, having B. Brown and R. Brown on the field at the same time will help our defense tremendously. Those two always seem to know the play before the ball is snapped. I can't wait for them to completely control the reins on defense.

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 10:40 AM
On slightly different note..... next year, having B. Brown and R. Brown on the field at the same time will help our defense tremendously.

I love R. Brown, but it is difficult to replace McKinney's size and speed.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 10:42 AM
I love R. Brown, but it is difficult to replace McKinney's size and speed.

Richie doesn't have the stopping power of BM. Hopefully another year of s&c will get him there

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Richie doesn't have the stopping power of BM. Hopefully another year of s&c will get him there

I don't think his frame is large enough to handle much more weight. We may need to Gerri Green to step up

defiantdog
11-23-2014, 10:50 AM

Richie Brown had the big tackle against LSU on their 4th down stop, and he had a big tackle on Vandy last night on one of their 4th down failed conversions. And not too many people in the world have McKinney's stopping power..... the dude is a monster. But I think R. Brown will fill his void.

defiantdog
11-23-2014, 10:51 AM
I don't think his frame is large enough to handle much more weight. We may need to Gerri Green to step up

Green is already 6'5" 240 lbs, and he's faster than McKinney. No worries with Green. He is our future at the position.

Saltydog
11-23-2014, 10:51 AM
one hell'uva LB and the heir apparent to BMac.........Guy could be an absolute beast in due time.........

Coach34
11-23-2014, 10:58 AM
BMac overcomes a slowread with ability. Richie cant do that. Fortunately, he makes a helluva lot of correct reads. The intelligence of the Brown twins next year will be off the charts. And Green learning from them will just make him that much better. I expect a rotation at LB

defiantdog
11-23-2014, 11:06 AM
BMac overcomes a slowread with ability. Richie cant do that. Fortunately, he makes a helluva lot of correct reads. The intelligence of the Brown twins next year will be off the charts. And Green learning from them will just make him that much better. I expect a rotation at LB

B. Brown may move inside next year as well. He's played inside a lot this year and flourished. I can see him taking that role full time.

Maroons
11-23-2014, 11:48 AM
B. Brown may move inside next year as well. He's played inside a lot this year and flourished. I can see him taking that role full time.

I sure hope not. He is incredible outside.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2014, 11:57 AM

This all day long. B Mac is very good, but his success has as much to do with his athleticism as it does his mental approach. He's just a physical monster, but Benny Brown has a better mind for the LB position and is why he's been so successful so early on. His football IQ is off the charts and he probably calls more checks than B Mac does.

The future of the LB position at MSU is in good hands with the Brown brothers, Gray, Green, and hopefully Lewis. We've also got Harris who can hopefully come back healthy and Zac Jack will be a senior. Good group of guys there.

DCdawg
11-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Also Dezmond Harris will be back from injury and hopefully Jung can come in and contribute. If Zach Jackson can improve on his pass coverage he is a serviceable backup.