PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Herbstreit is losing me

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 11:46 PM
On Sportcenter, Kirk Herbstreit just said that his top 4 are Alabama, Oregon, FSU, and OHIO STATE

He said Ohio State continues to get better and better.

DID HE EVEN WATCH THE GAMES TODAY? ON A DAY DAY WHEN MSU AND BAYLOR BLOW OUT TEAMS AND OHIO STATE STRUGGLES WITH AN AWFUL INDIANA TEAM, HE SAYS THAT OHIO STATE IS GETTING BETTER AND IS STILL IN THE 4TH SPOT?

THIS HAS BECOME A COMPLETE JOKE. I've always loved Kirk Herbstreit, but this has become a complete joke. A complete joke. There is no objective outlook from anyone. All we get is political propaganda.

Finally, every Top 4 team's highlights have been shown on ESPN thus far tonight except us. Wonder why?

Quaoarsking
11-22-2014, 11:49 PM
He played at Ohio State, so I don't think he's capable of being objective.

Thankfully, the Committee has its head on straight. We're more likely to pass FSU for the #3 slot than fall to #5.

EdDawg
11-22-2014, 11:51 PM
McElroy > Herbstreit.

I enjoy listening to McElroy, because he can actually be objective.

engie
11-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Guys, relax.

Did you see what Tevin Coleman did to them today? Wait till they get a load of Melvin Gordon.

We've just got to beat ole miss. The other stuff will work itself out. 3 of the 7 contenders gonna drop one before this is over.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Guys, relax.

Did you see what Tevin Coleman did to them today? Wait till they get a load of Melvin Gordon.

We've just got to beat ole miss. The other stuff will work itself out. 3 of the 7 contenders gonna drop one before this is over.

I completely agree. It's just that the lack of objectiveness or quality analysis really puts me off. I wouldn't have been upset if Kirk Herbstreit put Baylor over us tonight, after the way they played against Ok State, but Ohio looked awful today and is clearly not getting better. He's just lying to America

Coach34
11-23-2014, 12:05 AM
You are aware he played at Ohio State right?

engie
11-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Ohio St has had one great game. They've got the worst loss of the contenders, and they've barely gotten by the very bottom of that conference.

The agenda pushing right now is pretty crazy though. Never thought it would go like it has so far. Bottom line is that it doesn't matter yet. The BCS always looked bleak/crazy at this point, and it almost always self-corrected in rivalry and championship week...

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 12:08 AM
I think the reason Urban has not said that much, but let the media talk, is that he knows what awaits from the SEC if they are #4, and have to play Bama in New Orleans.

BossDawg
11-23-2014, 12:09 AM
What is up with the love for FSU? Correct me is I'm wrong, but they haven't even played a top 20 team this year, have they? How in the world can you justify putting them in the playoffs and not State?

Intramural All-American
11-23-2014, 12:10 AM
I don't know if y'all notice, but Virginia Tech (team who beat OSU by 14 in Columbus) lost to Wake Forest today 6-3 in 2OT. By the way, the game was 0-0 after regulation. Wow.

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2014, 12:11 AM
He is an OSU alum. He played there.

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 12:14 AM
This is absolutely being driven by ESPN for ratings. Swap MSU and LSU and nothing is being said about OSU.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2014, 12:21 AM
He is an OSU alum. He played there.

Yes, I realize this. Doesn't make it right or any less ridiculous though. Hell, put Baylor at 4. They played well tonight, but Ohio State? They sucked

drunkernhelldawg
11-23-2014, 12:38 AM
We played great tonight. That's all we controlled. I sure do feel that we deserve to be in the top four. Just gotta see what happens next week. Florida can beat FSU and AU can beat bummer. Great to see our team enjoying the game tonight.

Smitty
11-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Ohio State lost to a team that had 0 points going into overtime vs Wake Forest today… Its pathetic Kirk.

whosyourdawgy
11-23-2014, 12:51 AM
And he and Fowler made sure to downgrade the Rebels depleted team trying to make that game mean less. Y'all all can say what you want about this but what we are seeing is setting up to be the biggest screw job ever. The late night sports center has been on for about 1 1/2 hours now and we've seen highlights of every top 10 team and even Harvard vs Yale and VT vs Wake Forest. What we haven't seen is anything with us in it. The NUMBER 4 team in the country! I have seen FSU twice, Baylor twice, OSU twice and now the freaking Wake Forest vs VT highlights twice. It says ours are coming up next and they showed it. Even admitted it had been an hour and 45. I hope y'all are right and the committee doesn't let this influence anything but I'm not wired like that. We better hope Ohio State loses or FSU loses if we don't want to be screwed over and passed up without losing a game but to the number 1 team in the rankings

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 01:00 AM
And he and Fowler made sure to downgrade the Rebels depleted team trying to make that game mean less. Y'all all can say what you want about this but what we are seeing is setting up to be the biggest screw job ever. The late night sports center has been on for about 1 1/2 hours now and we've seen highlights of every top 10 team and even Harvard vs Yale and VT vs Wake Forest. What we haven't seen is anything with us in it. The NUMBER 4 team in the country! I have seen FSU twice, Baylor twice, OSU twice and now the freaking Wake Forest vs VT highlights twice. It says ours are coming up next and they showed it. Even admitted it had been an hour and 45. I hope y'all are right and the committee doesn't let this influence anything but I'm not wired like that. We better hope Ohio State loses or FSU loses if we don't want to be screwed over and passed up without losing a game but to the number 1 team in the rankings

Does seem like a conspiracy...This is what happens when one entity controls information that gets released to the masses.

JDog13
11-23-2014, 01:03 AM
Herbskreet got his ass pounded at OSU and is still butt hurt about it. He leads the charge for them every year.

cheewgumm
11-23-2014, 01:17 AM
His Analysis for state was we needed to blow out Oleiss at
Their place to show the committee that we are trying to be a top 4 team.

We are already 4. He's trying to rewrite the script and put
A bar too high for
Us to cross.

DudyDawg
11-23-2014, 01:50 AM
We lost to a team that struggled w west Carolina for a half.

Seriously, it doesn't matter. Win out and we are in. Committee proved as much last Tuesday, a couple days after a loss

TUSK
11-23-2014, 02:15 AM
I dunno how much Kirk would be in the tank for OSU... Buckeye fans ran him and his family outta Columbus, ya know?

(note: this doesn't mean I agree with his top 4)

BLITZII
11-23-2014, 07:10 AM
When we win next week, I think it will be very difficult for the committee to keep us out of the 4 spot. Also, I am not so sure that FSU does not lose in the ACC Championship.

Mutt the Hoople
11-23-2014, 08:05 AM
When we win next week, I think it will be very difficult for the committee to keep us out of the 4 spot. Also, I am not so sure that FSU does not lose in the ACC Championship.
It wouldn't surprise me if they lost to Florida. The players there like Muschamp, and I don't think they'll quit on him like you see with other coaches who've been fired and coached the string out. Bammer's the Evil Empire, FSU's just a bunch of punk-ass thugs who shoot you for your sneakers.

Schultzy
11-23-2014, 08:13 AM
I watched Ohio State against Indiana yesterday and it was 28-20 late with Indiana in possession. OSU is living off reputation and clout only, not at all impressive.

Wisconsin or Minnesota should beat them in their conference championship game.

That said, we should be an obvious choice for the playoff at 11-1 with our only loss at Alabama and being number 1 for five straight weeks this season, that should count for something.

Original48
11-23-2014, 08:41 AM
I dunno how much Kirk would be in the tank for OSU... Buckeye fans ran him and his family outta Columbus, ya know?

(note: this doesn't mean I agree with his top 4)
Yep..Herbsteit got RUN out of Ohio and seriously feared for the safety of his family due to his objectivity when his Gameday career began. He's been taking cover in Nashville for a while now. It appears to me, however, that this is his best chance to try and get back in their good graces. But he's making himself look like a fool in the process by becoming the B1G Buckeye version of Kanell.

Dawgface
11-23-2014, 09:28 AM
He played at Ohio State, so I don't think he's capable of being objective.

Thankfully, the Committee has its head on straight. We're more likely to pass FSU for the #3 slot than fall to #5.

Yes. And in all fairness, if any one of us were a talking head on espn we would probably be pushing the dogs in a similar situation. Overall I like his commentary. The one I can't stand is Kanell.

IMissJack
11-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Yes, I realize this. Doesn't make it right or any less ridiculous though. Hell, put Baylor at 4. They played well tonight, but Ohio State? They sucked

Let's assume Herbstreit gets his wish and OSU moves to #4 in the final poll. How bad does it make him and ESPN look if Bama comes out and beats their butt relentlessly about how Notre Dame got beat by Bama? In my opinion a really one sided game questions the reliability of the process, and makes the committee look foolish.

msstate7
11-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Let's assume Herbstreit gets his wish and OSU moves to #4 in the final poll. How bad does it make him and ESPN look if Bama comes out and beats their butt relentlessly about how Notre Dame got beat by Bama? In my opinion a really one sided game questions the reliability of the process, and makes the committee look foolish.
Yep. We've proven we can play with anyone even on their homefield