PDA

View Full Version : Attn CFP committee - we are a Division Champ

Apoplectic
11-22-2014, 11:31 PM
When we beat the sharts next week. Not much difference between us and Baylor/TCU if neither is declared a champ!

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 11:36 PM
When we beat the sharts next week. Not much difference between us and Baylor/TCU if neither is declared a champ!

This is true. I would feel much better if, in the last two weeks, Ohio State, Oregon, Alabama, or FSU lose a game. We really need Arkansas to beat Missouri next week, because we want Georgia to play Alabama. Georgia can absolutely win that game.

The fighting Muschamps will give FSU all they can handle, not sure if they can find enough offense. May need a pick 6

Auburn is just due to play a good game. They'll be up and have a chance

Oregon is Oregon State, who always plays them tough, and then will have to play UCLA in the PAC 12 Championship and UCLA just blew out USC

FSU will then have to play a tricky GT team in the ACC Championship and that could be tough

Finally, OSU will have to play Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship game and that could be a doozy.

Point is, in the next two weeks there are plenty of games that these teams could lose. If we get to #3, I think we are definitely in

Dawgowar
11-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Try this, our strength will change by years end -
Auburn beats Bama keeping both in top 10
Either LSU or Texas A&M will be back in top 25 this week after the last game of the season.
So that is three teams in the top 25, 2 of which are wins
TSUN will be about 17 to 20 when we beat them.
If the Bears drop out after we beat them Arkansas or even Kentucky could find their way in.
Miles to go. Miles to go.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 11:53 PM
Try this, our strength will change by years end -
Auburn beats Bama keeping both in top 10
Either LSU or Texas A&M will be back in top 25 this week after the last game of the season.
So that is three teams in the top 25, 2 of which are wins
TSUN will be about 17 to 20 when we beat them.
If the Bears drop out after we beat them Arkansas or even Kentucky could find their way in.
Miles to go. Miles to go.

I don't think the committee is going to care one bit about this. They are going to pick who they want and then find a way to justify it.

Apoplectic
11-22-2014, 11:58 PM
This is true. I would feel much better if, in the last two weeks, Ohio State, Oregon, Alabama, or FSU lose a game. We really need Arkansas to beat Missouri next week, because we want Georgia to play Alabama. Georgia can absolutely win that game.

The fighting Muschamps will give FSU all they can handle, not sure if they can find enough offense. May need a pick 6

Auburn is just due to play a good game. They'll be up and have a chance

Oregon is Oregon State, who always plays them tough, and then will have to play UCLA in the PAC 12 Championship and UCLA just blew out USC

FSU will then have to play a tricky GT team in the ACC Championship and that could be tough

Finally, OSU will have to play Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship game and that could be a doozy.

Point is, in the next two weeks there are plenty of games that these teams could lose. If we get to #3, I think we are definitely in

My worry is they will use the conf champ clause against us - no one is considering us a division champ which is just a notch below. Conf champ symbolizes u were the best over the season. Well we will technically be tied for best in our western "conference" of the SEC.