PDA

View Full Version : Runs Created Update + Pitcher Points?

sleepy dawg
06-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I haven't seen a Run Created comparison in a while, so I threw one together. This may not include all the extra crazy "Will James" stats, but it won't be far. I have also included a "Runs Created per 4 Plate Appearances" category (rc/p4pa.. forgive the heading), which the stats are sorted by, plus a few other stats to compare against.
http://i.imgur.com/CvZjeTT.png?1
The most obvious change to me, since I started tracking this in late April, are the declines of Frost and Armstrong. Both had much higher RC/4PA previously, but both have declined tremendously. Meanwhile, Frazier has shot through the roof. Another player that has improved a bit is Demarcus Henderson. He was a player a I had no faith in for a while, but he has slowly improved enough to be worthy of spot in the lineup to me.
Here is a link to my past Runs Created for comparison against the older data:
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?106655-Runs-Created-Update&highlight=runs+created
Other interesting stats:
Adam Frazier has started every game.
Renfroe and Detz have gotten on base in about 45% of their appearances.
Renfroe is in the top three on the team in most relevant batting stats, and he's leading in many. He is even tied for the team lead in stolen bases (not sb%).
Detz is 1/5 and Henderson is 3/7 in stolen bases.
Pirtle has a few more than double HBP than anyone else on the team.

As for pitcher comparison on the season, I haven't been satisfied with any of the Sabermetrics results with the stats I have available on hailstate.com, so I created my own points system to rank the pitchers performance given the stats I have. This is a first pass at it, so it definitely won't be perfect, but I think it does a pretty good job of showing the overall success of the pitchers. I have included a few other stats for a visual, but there are many others that were taken into account creating these. What say ye?
http://i.imgur.com/coskyXB.png?1

sleepy dawg
06-14-2013, 03:41 PM
**** you too elitedawgs!

CadaverDawg
06-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Just saw this for the first time. Interesting stuff. Thanks for doing that, I'm betting it took a little while to work up.

Will James
06-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Never heard of pitcher points

sleepy dawg
06-14-2013, 04:18 PM
...Because I made it up due to being unsatisfied with the few stats I have available from hailstate.com and how the metrics would apply to those lack of stats. It's nothing more than a points system based on particular stats.

hometowndawg
06-14-2013, 04:28 PM
hey nice work sleepy. Calm your tits about it being so slow around here these days. After the great ED Blackout it will take some time for the steam to build back up. Enjoy seeing the stats.

Will James
06-14-2013, 05:16 PM
The pitcher points isn't really usable but RC/4PA helps to show what I've been saying about Slauter and Porter. Porter is up there despite a AWFUL BABIP. Armstrong has a really high BABIP and still doesn't measure up.

With the huge park TD Ameritrade is I would REALLY like to see Slauter in the lineup (if he's healthy) and Porter. They can find the gaps and are better overall bats in general than Ammo and Armstrong

CadaverDawg
06-14-2013, 06:20 PM
The pitcher points isn't really usable but RC/4PA helps to show what I've been saying about Slauter and Porter. Porter is up there despite a AWFUL BABIP. Armstrong has a really high BABIP and still doesn't measure up.

With the huge park TD Ameritrade is I would REALLY like to see Slauter in the lineup (if he's healthy) and Porter. They can find the gaps and are better overall bats in general than Ammo and Armstrong

Agree^.

But prepare yourself, because they are starting a RHP. We will see Detz at DH, Frosty at 3B, and Ammo at Catcher. No doubt.

Homedawg
06-14-2013, 09:21 PM

Slaughter's upside over ammo last year was his ability to call a game. Now ammo has proven he can do it well. Ammo is a better blocker and controls the running game way better. It's not close who to start. Ammo

Will James
06-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Slaughter's upside over ammo last year was his ability to call a game. Now ammo has proven he can do it well. Ammo is a better blocker and controls the running game way better. It's not close who to start. Ammo

Slauter is a better receiver which is highly important as previously documented. And Slauter gets on base more and has more power.

msstate7
06-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Slauter is a better receiver which is highly important as previously documented. And Slauter gets on base more and has more power.

Now that ammo has cooled off I'd like to see slauter if the opposing team doesn't run.