PDA

View Full Version : Rick Ray's Dogs move to 3-0 with a win over previously undefeated Utah State

Coach34
11-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Get on the Ray-Train people- it's coming down the track

CadaverDawg
11-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Good win. Showed some maturity there at the end and also hit a bunch of free throws. Looking good so far. The Hump will continue to fill.

HailState39110
11-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Nice win . Should be 4-0 going into the St Louis game .Let's keep it going

Coach34
11-22-2014, 03:07 PM
We'll hammer Clayton State on Monday and have another big game with St Louis on Friday

MetEdDawg
11-22-2014, 03:33 PM
I don't want to put the cart before the horse here but IF, and that's a huge IF, this team is able to exceed our expectations, we've got a nonconference schedule that will allow us to be in the discussion for the big tournament.

Games against Utah State, Saint Louis, FSU, Bradley/TCU, and Oregon State. That isn't a bad slate of games right there. Again, I'm not projecting NCAA Tournament or anything, but IF we were able to get 3 or 4 wins out of that group of games, get 10 wins non conference and find a way to get 10 games in conference, we could at least find ourselves in the discussion I think. SOS should be decent this year with that nonconference.

msstate7
11-22-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't want to put the cart before the horse here but IF, and that's a huge IF, this team is able to exceed our expectations, we've got a nonconference schedule that will allow us to be in the discussion for the big tournament.

Games against Utah State, Saint Louis, FSU, Bradley/TCU, and Oregon State. That isn't a bad slate of games right there. Again, I'm not projecting NCAA Tournament or anything, but IF we were able to get 3 or 4 wins out of that group of games, get 10 wins non conference and find a way to get 10 games in conference, we could at least find ourselves in the discussion I think. SOS should be decent this year with that nonconference.

At worst, I think we're gonna have a shot at nit. I like this team

Coach34
11-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Sword gets healthy soon and we are an NIT team

MetEdDawg
11-22-2014, 03:50 PM
At worst, I think we're gonna have a shot at nit. I like this team

I do too. First time I've been able to watch this year and I was happy to see what I did. We are longer, taller, more athletic, have many more legitimate weapons, and look like we can defend better. We still blow defensive assignments at the 3 point line but I think it's very clear we are better than last year and that's without Sword. Add him back in and we get even better.

I like what our backups bring to the table. N'Doye can't carry us, but he's not a nothing burger in the post. He has some skill there and can rebound, defend, ans score enough to get good minutes to spell Ware. That's the biggest key to me because Ware is our best player and the fresher he is the more effective he is