PDA

View Full Version : What does College Football want from the SEC?

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 11:04 AM
I am sitting here watching Gameday, and listening to them criticize the SEC for all of it's poor out of conference games this week, and I'm curious what they want from the SEC?

We, currently, exist in a college football environment where the media is saying that Ohio State, who plays a terrible schedule, should jump Mississippi State should they win the Big 10, Florida State is likely going to go undefeated and get in the playoff, and they've played virtually no one this season, and the media is talking about leaving the SEC out of the playoff all together should everyone in the SEC have two losses.

The SEC is without a doubt the toughest, best, and most difficult conference to navigate week in and week out in the country, and the media wants to rank teams for the playoff off on wins and losses, yet say that the most difficult conference needs to play more difficult non-conference games. Problem is, SEC teams don't get to play Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern Illinois, Michigan, and Iowa in conference.

What does the country want from the SEC? Why should SEC teams have to play an NFL caliber schedule, in an era where losses matter, while other conference play crappy schedules?

I'm serious, what's the answer here?

BrunswickDawg
11-22-2014, 11:08 AM
The answer is....
Everyone else wants the SEC to lose.

Leroy Jenkins
11-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Why do you let people who dont matter get you so worked up?

Dawgbite
11-22-2014, 11:09 AM
They want everyone on the playground to get a prize. They want about five years of SEC mediocraty so that the rest of college football can once again feel relevant.

msstate7
11-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Everyone seems to hate the sec, but where would college football be without the sec? The sec is the king of college football.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Why do you let people who dont matter get you so worked up?

Because it's a good conversation. It's like, since the rest of the country sucks at football, it's up to the SEC to create every great game of the weekend. Then when the SEC has a down week, because they can't play 12 straight weeks of top level competition, the media gets mad at the SEC for not having a great game.

Why aren't they upset at the Big 10, Big 12, and ACC for having crappy games this week? Why aren't they mad at them for playing crappy football?

SDDawg
11-22-2014, 11:17 AM
There would be no college football playoff without the SEC. *real talk*

LC Dawg
11-22-2014, 11:20 AM
My answer is that I watch SEC Nation. We can't win with a lot of the national guys so I just quit watching. I still think the committee will do the right thing.

I seen it dawg
11-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Everyone else's in conference schedule is loaded with cupcakes.

Aces High
11-22-2014, 11:23 AM
What do they want? They want to keep the rest of the country interested. The sec is basically "alabama". We get sick of them and hearing about them. The rest of the country feels that way about the sec.

If we win out, we are in. Those big 12 teams will finish with a tie. We win out, we basically "tie" for the sec at 7-1. There isnt much diff to me other than bama gets to go steam roll mizzou or whoever else from the east. Fact is, we will tie for the best record in the conference, in the hardest division in the history of college football.

Our 4th and 5th best teams in our division went on the road and defeated what will be the co big 12 champ and the big 10 champ. That ends it all.

I think fsu and osu go down regardless.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2014, 11:24 AM
I agree 100% with what you are saying. However, Missouri (6-1 in SEC) lost to Indiana as home. But it is all about all the weak OOC games today. Finbaum said this am that Bama vs w.carolina is ridiculous an the SEC needs to go a 9 game schedule..... I agree with that. Playing utm is pointless IMO. So to answer your question, cut out the cupcakes and play another SEC game or "big5" game.

msstate7
11-22-2014, 11:26 AM
I agree 100% with what you are saying. However, Missouri (6-1 in SEC) lost to Indiana as home. But it is all about all the weak OOC games today. Finbaum said this am that Bama vs w.carolina is ridiculous an the SEC needs to go a 9 game schedule..... I agree with that. Playing utm is pointless IMO. So to answer your question, cut out the cupcakes and play another SEC game or "big5" game.

We're worried about getting in with 1 loss. Add another conference game and everyone play a power 5, then the sec may only have 2 loss teams every year

Political Hack
11-22-2014, 12:06 PM
Why aren't they upset at the Big 10, Big 12, and ACC for having crappy games this week? Why aren't they mad at them for playing crappy football?

that's a weekly occurrence.

Original48
11-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Alabama, Auburn, LSU are the SEC...not State, Ole Miss and Arkansas. It's a 'down year' in the SEC due to state and ole miss success. And when state and ole miss are getting run over by the big boys nobody argues their top rankings. It's a branding issue. Somebody posted a good article about it a couple of weeks ago. People can't reconcile our name in a playoff scenario. As I mentioned in another thread, change our name to Auburn and we are 3rd in the playoff rankings and not worried.