PDA

View Full Version : So we're at risk of losing #4 if the rebs lose..

phatdog
11-22-2014, 08:58 AM
does that mean Bama is at risk of losing #1 in that case?

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 09:17 AM
At this point, I think you can throw all the formula of top 25 wins and losses out the window. It mattered for a while, but, at this point, they are just going to take who they want and find a way to justify it afterwards. So..... Who knows what will happen.

dawgpound
11-22-2014, 09:17 AM
We may lose number 4 either way. The country will be demanding someone else in there

msstate7
11-22-2014, 09:19 AM
We may lose number 4 either way. The country will be demanding someone else in there

Wouldn't stress over it. These things always work themselves out somewhat. All these 1 loss teams won't win out. Let's just win and we'll be fine

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 09:24 AM

You don't know that. I have a pet peeve going right now, where people say they KNOW something about what the committee will do, when they haven't been in the room, talked to people that have been in the room, or they just listen to the media, who hasn't been in the room either. We don't KNOW anything. Everything you've heard is a guess. A guess made by someone who doesn't KNOW anything. America doesn't vote on this.

thunderclap
11-22-2014, 09:31 AM
I don't get all this doom and gloom.

msstate7
11-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Most here feel the #5-7 teams have a better shot at #4 than the #4 team. Sounds legit...

dawgs
11-22-2014, 09:33 AM
I still want OM to win so that we can say we clearly had the toughest remaining game of any of the contenders.

Coach34
11-22-2014, 09:41 AM

Me either. The polls put us at 4 and so did the committee. We are the clear #4 right now. There is no debate. It's unanimous. TV has to create controversy to for ratings

Coach34
11-22-2014, 09:42 AM
I still want OM to win so that we can say we clearly had the toughest remaining game of any of the contenders.

This is clearly the wrong answer.

AlmostPositive
11-22-2014, 09:43 AM
The College Football Playoff selection process is complicated enough so that a predetermined outcome can be arrived at without overtly obvious collusion. It's sort of thing Democrats took advantage of to pass Obamacare... whatever your politics, you have to admit that complexity made it spinnable.

There's every chance that Ohio State edges us out. When and if it happens, intelligent, earnest-sounding people will be able to say something to justify it. They'll be mostly lying, but it won't be entirely obvious to all that they are.

I seen it dawg
11-22-2014, 09:46 AM

The country can demand in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster. The committee will do what it wants. I don't understand why it's so hard to see that we just need to win 2 games and wait on our semi opponent.

msstatelp1
11-22-2014, 09:53 AM
I think we really need to stick it to Vandy, ie, beat the point spread, to remain at #4. If it's a close game in any way, we put ourselves at risk of being jumped by OSU, TCU, or Baylor. We could justify a close game against OM but not Vandy.

DLGDawg
11-22-2014, 09:57 AM
I think everybody is just about "scenarioed" out. Ha. Like trying to figure out the conference winner in week 9. But with only a coupla games left....seems it's almost "figurableoutable".

But if we win out..I just can't see us getting left out at 11-1. Just can't.

Me either. The polls put us at 4 and so did the committee. We are the clear #4 right now. There is no debate. It's unanimous. TV has to create controversy to for ratings

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Instead of rooting for or against Ole Miss, spend your energy cheering for Boston College today when they play FSU.

Also, spend your energy cheering for Tennessee to beat Missouri. We need Georgia playing in the Georgia Dome to beat Alabama. They can do it, Missouri can't. Also cheer for Oklahoma State to beat Baylor. It is supposed to be rainy, windy, and cold for that game. You never know

AlmostPositive
11-22-2014, 10:08 AM
We need Georgia playing in the Georgia Dome to beat Alabama. They can do it, Missouri can't

Yep. If this happens, we can thank -- and laugh at -- Alabama for beating us last week and making it easier to make history..

Maroon Diapers
11-22-2014, 10:10 AM
When we go 11-1 with our only loss to the number 1 team in the country, we are in. End of story. It's not rocket surgery.

SDDawg
11-22-2014, 10:10 AM

Coach knows.

IMissJack
11-22-2014, 10:11 AM
It is very possible that TCU loses to TX, Wisconsin beats OSU, FSU has problems with GA Tech. We need to quit worrying about everyone else and get our own shit fixed. OM is not a layup.

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Screw ole miss. I hope AR beats them into the ground.

AlmostPositive
11-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Ole Miss losing is a good thing in and of itself. Other considerations are just hypotheticals.

KB21
11-22-2014, 10:30 AM

This. If the committee was going to drop us from the top four, this past week was the best chance to do it. We win out, the committee will not put TCU, Baylor, or Ohio State before us. If that were going to happen, then it would have happened this past week.

AlmostPositive
11-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Most of the talking heads say Ohio State winning their conference puts them in. If we're 4, that puts us out. If you're on the committee and you have to screw somebody, you probably end up screwing State. I think one of the other current 4 will lose, so I'm not going to worry about it at all.

DownwardDawg
11-22-2014, 10:42 AM
I think we really need to stick it to Vandy, ie, beat the point spread, to remain at #4. If it's a close game in any way, we put ourselves at risk of being jumped by OSU, TCU, or Baylor. We could justify a close game against OM but not Vandy.

I agree. Also, if we struggle against Vandy, I'll be fine with the committee dropping us. We would not be one of the best teams if we struggle.

ckDOG
11-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Y'all worry too much about shit we can't control. Win and this all takes care of itself.

Bucky Dog
11-22-2014, 11:21 AM
I stated my opinion in a thread yesterday. Quit worrying about all of the other shit we can't control. I want OM to lose and we beat them next week at their place ranked around 15 or so then we will be fine. Damn! And at least 1 out of Oregon, FSU and OSU will lose over the next few weeks. It will all work itself out and it it doesn't then so what?? Just win and we are in!! I don't want the Bears to remotely have a chance of finishing better than us in the SEC or go to the championship game. Period!

dawgs
11-22-2014, 12:04 PM

Because OM dropping behind wisconsin before we play them and tosu plays wisconsin in the big 10 CG is a good thing? I hate that we need OM to be a better team to help us out as much as anyone, but it's undeniable in this case,

LC Dawg
11-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I made a list of opponents I want Ole Miss to beat. It is below:

DownwardDawg
11-22-2014, 12:21 PM
I made a list of opponents I want Ole Miss to beat. It is below:

I like this list. +1

Coach34
11-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Because OM dropping behind wisconsin before we play them and tosu plays wisconsin in the big 10 CG is a good thing?,

All that shit doesnt matter...win and we are in