PDA

View Full Version : '15 football

msstate7
11-22-2014, 07:28 AM
The state in me forces me to always look ahead to next season this time of year. Haha

Really though here's some of my question marks and I'd like your opinion on how we'll address these...

1. OL -- we've got senior and Malone back as starters. Who gets the other 3 spots?

2. DL -- we're losing Preston, pj, eulls, virges. Do we have enough dline guys for a backup line?

3. Lb -- BM and wells will be huge losses. Can Richie man mlb every down? Will Jung take wells spot?

4. Safety -- man, we just can't seem to get talent or scheme right here. I have zero faith in the guys I've seen play there this year. Will Bryant be ready next year? Will peters step on campus ready? I also think losing talent in our front 7 will really make us vulnerable here unless someone steps up big time.

Which freshmen come in and play immediately?

Which RS freshmen are gonna be contributers?

If dak and jrob come back and we can solve #1 above, our offense is gonna be unfreakingbelievable

Ifyouonlyknew
11-22-2014, 08:35 AM
1. LT - Senior LG - Malone C - Clayborn RG - Desper RT - Johnson or Rankin if he signs

2. DE - Jefferson/Calvin DT - Jones/Thomas DT - Adams/James (Swain in the rotation if he signs & may start) DE - Brown/Coleman

3. OLB - Jackson/Jung MLB - R. Brown/Green OLB - B. Brown/Gray or Harris

4. I think Market & Coman start. Evans Bryant Peters & even Wilson will have their chance to get in the rotation & play a lot.

5. True Freshmen - Gibson (if Josh leaves), Dear, Adams (possibly), Smitherman (Early Enrollee), Peters (Too talented), & Wilson (Early Enrolle)

6. RS Freshmen - A. Williams, J. Jackson, Jenkins, Thomas, Harris, Green, Rayford, & Bryant

dawgpound
11-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Next man up... Some of the young guys will surprise

msstate7
11-22-2014, 09:17 AM
1. LT - Senior LG - Malone C - Clayborn RG - Desper RT - Johnson or Rankin if he signs

If we do sign rankin, do you think Johnson is a guard? Isn't johnson guard as of now?

Coach34
11-22-2014, 09:28 AM
If we do sign rankin, do you think Johnson is a guard? Isn't johnson guard as of now?

Hev likes to teach inside-out as much as possible. Then he plugs guys where he thinks they fit best. Johnson could easily end up as an OT

smootness
11-22-2014, 09:46 AM
4. Safety -- man, we just can't seem to get talent or scheme right here. I have zero faith in the guys I've seen play there this year. Will Bryant be ready next year? Will peters step on campus ready? I also think losing talent in our front 7 will really make us vulnerable here unless someone steps up big time.

I love Bryant's potential, and Gray can play there, too. And we have a ton of possible safeties in this class. I think Peters will end up playing a ton. Peters and Bryant is a big-time future pairing.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-22-2014, 09:48 AM

Joq has been at RT ever since the season started.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2014, 09:49 AM

Johnson has been working at Tackle in practice and the reports say he has gotten much better since the fall. He was the guy with higher upside than Aaron Morris when they were both at Callaway. Johnson will benefit from more time in the weight room and then a full spring.

I don't think we're going to have a big dropoff on the O-line b/c we are losing experience more than talent. I actually think we can be better at Center. And if Rankin signs that would be huge.

I seen it dawg
11-22-2014, 09:50 AM
I'll worry about 15 after the national championship game.

msstate7
11-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Johnson has been working at Tackle in practice and the reports say he has gotten much better since the fall. He was the guy with higher upside than Aaron Morris when they were both at Callaway. Johnson will benefit from more time in the weight room and then a full spring.

I don't think we're going to have a big dropoff on the O-line b/c we are losing experience more than talent. I actually think we can be better at Center. And if Rankin signs that would be huge.

If there's no drop off on the oline, we're gonna be the best offense in the sec

I'm assuming dak and jrob both back

msstate7
11-22-2014, 10:23 AM
I'll worry about 15 after the national championship game.

I'm enjoying this season, but I'm always thinking ahead too. Can't help myself

engie
11-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Only real question marks for me next year is tackle spot opposite Senior, FS(which will be somewhat answered in the next 2 with Bryant/Peters looming), TE, and DL depth. Maybe CB if Redmond leaves early, which I don't really expect...

Our offense is going to get better next year. We've 'started' to see the difference playmakers make this year -- and it will pale in comparison to what we will have in that regard next year. To me, that's the biggest difference on this team. Where previous Mullen teams would get you 7 yards on 4th and 9, these guys get those last 2 yards alot more often...