PDA

View Full Version : Julian Allen 2015 tight end.....

Kosydawg
11-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Hearing he will be a part of our class this year......where are going to put these guys? Surprised to add a tight end at this point especially thinking we were looking for more OL help.....and maybe still are.......Anyone heard this????Thoughts?

msstate7
11-22-2014, 06:57 AM
Dec entry? If so, the answer to virgil riddle may be solved.

GreenheadDawg
11-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Dec entry? If so, the answer to virgil riddle may be solved.

Yep. We are hell on South Alabama and Middle Tennessee Tech recruits this time of year

codeDawg
11-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Film https://t.co/eRPZvLKKXy

msstate7
11-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Film https://t.co/eRPZvLKKXy

I don't know if it's just the guys he's playing are slow, but he looks fast. That first td catch shows some good hop

Ifyouonlyknew
11-22-2014, 08:16 AM
It's easy to see South Alabama & dismiss him as a mediocre prosoect but Texas, Ky, & South Carolina all trying to get him to OV & plan to offer. He's been blowing up lately.

MetEdDawg
11-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Some of us saw this last year and this year with the way we were recruiting. We are about to be become a matchup nightmare. We are going Patriots style where we will be very multiple at the skill positions.

In two years, think about the fact we could line up Bear, Ross, Myles, Pierce, Dear and 50 other weapons at WR. I mean what would a team do if Myles and Ross were wide, and two guys like Allen and Bear were in the slot? We are going to have TEs that can catch passes, line up anywhere on the field, and become as multiple as possible. A 6'4' 235 TE like Allen that runs a 4.54 was built exactly for that. Same for Ravian Pierce.

I hate the Virgil situation played out like it did. But a guy like Allen has the potential to make much more of an impact in my opinion. I think him and Pierce could tear it up together for a couple years. Malcolm has torn it up in the slot this year. Gotten open over the middle, converted some 3rd downs, he's done well there. Allen and Pierce are going to fit that same mold that can block but are very versatile and can catch passes lined up wide or down on the LOS.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2014, 09:56 AM
The commit list you see on recruiting sites is usually different than what the coaches consider the class to be. We will have a couple of guys that will be sign and place. And there will probably be a couple of more greyshirt offers.

I see us taking Allen only if Pierce doesn't get into school. But TE is a concern next year. Gus Walley is all we've got.

I seen it dawg
11-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Yep. We are hell on South Alabama and Middle Tennessee Tech recruits this time of year

Yeah case in point the 2 stars we get are killing us. ESP that Prescott and Mckinney. Just destroying our program with our terrible recruiting.

****ing holy hell why do people get all blistered about this like you are OM? I think so far it's obvious that our staff has some clue what they are doing, seeing as how we are deeper in talent than almost all of the SEC, and if you haven't noticed we are 9-1 and set to be in the final four playing for the whole thing. WTF

Okrastar1
11-22-2014, 10:04 AM

B McKinney, D Day, Preston Smith, J Robinson, ETC... I'll let the coaches evaluate while I sit back and watch...

I seen it dawg
11-22-2014, 10:18 AM
B McKinney, D Day, Preston Smith, J Robinson, ETC... I'll let the coaches evaluate while I sit back and watch...

A muther****ingholyhell men

KB21
11-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Some of us saw this last year and this year with the way we were recruiting. We are about to be become a matchup nightmare. We are going Patriots style where we will be very multiple at the skill positions.

In two years, think about the fact we could line up Bear, Ross, Myles, Pierce, Dear and 50 other weapons at WR. I mean what would a team do if Myles and Ross were wide, and two guys like Allen and Bear were in the slot? We are going to have TEs that can catch passes, line up anywhere on the field, and become as multiple as possible. A 6'4' 235 TE like Allen that runs a 4.54 was built exactly for that. Same for Ravian Pierce.

I hate the Virgil situation played out like it did. But a guy like Allen has the potential to make much more of an impact in my opinion. I think him and Pierce could tear it up together for a couple years. Malcolm has torn it up in the slot this year. Gotten open over the middle, converted some 3rd downs, he's done well there. Allen and Pierce are going to fit that same mold that can block but are very versatile and can catch passes lined up wide or down on the LOS.

It is interesting that you say that, because Bill Belichick actually started doing this after he started meeting with Urban Meyer/Dan Mullen when they were at Florida.

Leroy Jenkins
11-22-2014, 10:45 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3BHAf1CMAABDEK.jpg

Not a little guy.

msstate7
11-22-2014, 10:48 AM

Not a little guy.

Dang! Guess he's getting Graham's scholarship**

Leroy Jenkins
11-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Speaking of TEs, anyone know how Hutch is coming along?

DCdawg
11-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Didn't BJ Hammond move to TE also? If so, that's Walley, Hutch, and Hammond.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-22-2014, 11:59 AM

Gary Danielson says that 2 & 3 stars guys just can't hang with the mighty 4 & 5 star guys ( i.e. Bama).

engie
11-22-2014, 12:14 PM

Not a little guy.

With a sub 4.6 40...