PDA

View Full Version : The answer to Cox being suspended is for Collins to shake it up....

HoopsDawg
11-21-2014, 01:09 PM
it's time to play Redmond, Love and Calhoun together and just cut down the rotation. Corners don't fckn need to rotate. They are our 3 best coverage guys and we need to have them on the field in our secondary at all times. If you have to play man-free, that's fine. If you have to let Calhoun play safety, fine. Let's get our best 11 on the field and Vandy is a great game to experiment.

thf24
11-21-2014, 01:16 PM
+1000

I really like the idea of Calhoun at safety.

missouridawg
11-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Are you serious? If there is one position on the field that needs breaks, it's the guys running random wind sprints the whole game.

Homedawg
11-21-2014, 01:52 PM
it's time to play Redmond, Love and Calhoun together and just cut down the rotation. Corners don't fckn need to rotate. They are our 3 best coverage guys and we need to have them on the field in our secondary at all times. If you have to play man-free, that's fine. If you have to let Calhoun play safety, fine. Let's get our best 11 on the field and Vandy is a great game to experiment.
It's really just not that simple. Completely different responsibilities. Zero coverage and man free every play fine. But we don't.

thf24
11-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Are you serious? If there is one position on the field that needs breaks, it's the guys running random wind sprints the whole game.

I don't agree that those three should literally stay on the field every play, but I think at this point in the season they can play more snaps than they have been.

bulldawg28
11-21-2014, 02:06 PM

That's why these guys run sprints in practice and train off-season. Every decent team from high school to the NFL leaves the starting secondary players. It's why it's the toughest position to play due to all the running.

mstatefan91
11-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Sprints are not that hard if you have the proper conditioning. Rotate them singularly as needed. We're the only team that rotates the whole unit and it's burned us more than once.

MSUDawg4Life
11-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Sprints are not that hard if you have the proper conditioning. Rotate them singularly as needed. We're the only team that rotates the whole unit and it's burned us more than once.

Is that true?

mstatefan91
11-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Is that true?

We're the only one that I know of. Most elite teams have starters and subs. The sub comes in when a starter is hurt or winded typically.

fishwater99
11-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Is that true?

We are the only team that subs the whole defensive unit at one time...

Covercorner2
11-21-2014, 02:55 PM
What about Cedric Jiles coming back?

Bothrops
11-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Next year

Jack Lambert
11-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Who is the hardest hitter? That's the one you want at safety.

thf24
11-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Who is the hardest hitter? That's the one you want at safety.

That would be Redmond, but we definitely want him at corner.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Is that true?

Yes, watch Ole Miss who has been one of the top defensive teams all year. Cody Prewitt and Golson do not come out of the game. Watch Bama, Tusk can confirm, Landon Collins, Cyrus Jones, etc do not come out of the game.

If one of our top 3 gets winded, Cleveland can spell them for a snap or two, but it really shouldn't happen.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2014, 03:47 PM

You have continually showed that you have very little football and sports knowledge. You have been brainwashed by the rhetoric of our coaching staff. The D-line is the one position that needs breaks. Everywhere else? No You don't see us rotating O-linemen do you.

bulldawg28
11-21-2014, 03:53 PM
You have continually showed that you have very little football and sports knowledge. You have been brainwashed by the rhetoric of our coaching staff. The D-line is the one position that needs breaks. Everywhere else? No You don't see us rotating O-linemen do you.

This. .

missouridawg
11-21-2014, 06:25 PM

Keep telling yourself this, chief.

HoopsDawg
12-01-2014, 04:42 PM

Here's my post before the Vandy game. Now maybe missouridawg sees why I wanted to move Calhoun to FS.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 05:05 PM
I suppose that we could get a JUCO CB and move Calhoun to safety to go along with Peters. I would be OK with that. If Giles can come back healthy, we could possibly play him at CB and move Calhoun or we could just play Jiles at FS.

maroonmania
12-01-2014, 05:17 PM

Sorry, I just don't see how a guy can learn to play all the responsibilities of safety in a week if he's never played there. Moving someone in the spring is one thing (like we did with Broomfield) but I don't see moving a guy like that during the season.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Sorry, I just don't see how a guy can learn to play all the responsibilities of safety in a week if he's never played there. Moving someone in the spring is one thing (like we did with Broomfield) but I don't see moving a guy like that during the season.

We need to start looking at Calhoun at safety in bowl prep this year.

msstate7
12-01-2014, 05:24 PM
If Bryant is the player we think, he should've had his RS pulled. This wasn't a normal situation, so it should've been treated differently. If Bryant couldve helped us beat OM and get in playoffs, it wouldve been well worth it