PDA

View Full Version : And right on cue the CL with a hatchet job on the Virgil decommitment

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Complete with quotes from his unhappy HS coach.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/11/20/msu-pulls-qb-chason-virgils-offer/70038164/

FISHDAWG
11-21-2014, 11:59 AM
gotta be making room for someone who is heading our way that we don't know about ... still it's bad pub in the state of Texas

RiverCityDawg
11-21-2014, 12:02 PM
There's always two sides to every story, but IF this is the first our coaches ever mentioned gray shirt to him, that's pretty messed up since he's an early graduate. With that said he should have enough time to find another spot with a good program.

LC Dawg
11-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Who is Riley Blevins? Has someone from State pissed him off or is he a Rebel. The fact that he even mentioned State in the Patterson article yesterday pissed me off but now he pulls this just to try and make us look bad. Anyone that knows anything knows this happens everywhere.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2014, 12:05 PM
I always hate these types of stories because only one side can speak.

Mullen's "No sugar coating" come back to bite him often

bluelightstar
11-21-2014, 12:07 PM
This article isn't making us look bad. Dropping a guy a month before he graduates and enrolls early is making us look bad. Especially a guy who was a pretty loyal commitment and not taking visits (apparently).

But hey, that's business. Glad it's not my kid though.

dickiedawg
11-21-2014, 12:19 PM
This is not a shock to me. I was told a while back we liked Virgil as an athlete, not a QB, and not to be surprised if he looked elsewhere.

Pretty surprised this is how it went down, though.

quickstrike2
11-21-2014, 12:43 PM
I don't care for the way it went down. However, Clarion Ledger just got the story the have been waiting for all year with Cox. I'm sure employees cut lunch short hauling ass back to the office to a story in.

Political Hack
11-21-2014, 01:14 PM
This is not a shock to me. I was told a while back we liked Virgil as an athlete, not a QB, and not to be surprised if he looked elsewhere.

Pretty surprised this is how it went down, though.

I tried to allude to that yesterday in my response to homedawg.

M.Fillmore
11-21-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry. I looked and I didn't find the CL article on how the Beav told Snoop he would re-sign him if he got his grades up and to please help recruit Tony Conner. Snoop got a 4.0 at Scooba (per one of his coaches) and Beav then tells Snoop his GPA wasn't high enough, but thanks for helping get Tony Connor.

RougeDawg
11-22-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry. I looked and I didn't find the CL article on how the Beav told Snoop he would re-sign him if he got his grades up and to please help recruit Tony Conner. Snoop got a 4.0 at Scooba (per one of his coaches) and Beav then tells Snoop his GPA wasn't high enough, but thanks for helping get Tony Connor.

They wedged that one in under the disclaimer at the bottom of the classified section. You didn't see it?**

dawgpound
11-22-2014, 09:16 AM
I sure hope we didn't just now notify him of this