PDA

View Full Version : Justin Cox suspended indefinitely per twitter

Lloyd Christmas
11-21-2014, 11:46 AM
for off campus incident. F**K.

ETA: Arrested for domestic violence and burglary.

bobcat91
11-21-2014, 11:48 AM
@bcwait: Suspended indefinitely RT @StarkvilleDaily: MSU DB Justin Cox arrested for domestic violence, burglary of dwelling. More details to follow

msstate7
11-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Great. If Brandon Bryant can play, pull the RS now. We may never get another shot like this

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2014, 11:49 AM
I hope it was worth it for him. He just screwed himself and the entire team.

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2014, 11:51 AM
If he only played for FSU this wouldn't matter one bit.

DudyDawg
11-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Wasn't making plays anyway. See Ya douchebag. What a selfish move

thf24
11-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Seriously, how dumb can you get? Not only did he screw the team and the rest of his senior year; what with all the recent attention on domestic abuse in the NFL, he probably screwed himself out of any small chance he had of making it there as well.

Great. If Brandon Bryant can play, pull the RS now. We may never get another shot like this

My initial thought was moving Calhoun to safety for the rest of the year, but then it hit me that the post season might mean something this year beyond just being there, so that may justify burning the shirt.

Bothrops
11-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Bye bye

EnterpriseDawg
11-21-2014, 11:59 AM
uncalled for.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Dumbass and selfish. We'll be fine. It wasn't like he was picking off a ton of passes.

Big4Dawg
11-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Glad we have been playing the 1Bs. Time for someone to step up.

SDDawg
11-21-2014, 12:02 PM
He really hasn't made any plays, cost us a few against Bama. Hate to see it for the kid, but we'll move on.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Lets slow down. His girlfriend could be a psycho and the starkville PD is about as inept as you can get.

Miss. Stake
11-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Holy shit leave it to our fans to persecute the guy 5 minutes after we hear he was arrested.

I hope the allegations are false and he is back on the team by Ole Miss. I also hope the legal system does its due diligence

Beaver
11-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Wasn't he out for the LSU game earlier this season? Not too worried about the on-field impact, but this isn't boosting the team's morale.. Seems like its been a month since we played Bama...

quickstrike2
11-21-2014, 12:10 PM
In Tallahassee, these same charges means you are, and I quote Jimbo Fisher, "A great kid, and a great ambassador for the university."

msstate7
11-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Lets slow down. His girlfriend could be a psycho and the starkville PD is about as inept as you can get.

No! He must be indicted today and sentenced tomorrow!****

thf24
11-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Dumbass and selfish. We'll be fine. It wasn't like he was picking off a ton of passes.

He wasn't making plays on consistent basis, but he has had a few big ones (interception to end the Auburn game for one). Not to mention not hearing a DB's name called a lot definitely isn't a bad thing either. Some adjustments will need to be made to keep what was already questionable back end pass defense intact. Either look at burning Bryant's redshirt like 7 said if we think he's better than Koman or Evans in coverage, or move a corner to safety.

preachermatt83
11-21-2014, 12:16 PM
not hurt at all. Be honest, if there was one starter on defense that you would be ok with losing you would pick cox. Ive said all year that he is our weakest link by far.

dawgpound
11-21-2014, 12:16 PM
He won't be back... the article says the victim was injured when police arrived

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Just another disappointment in the West Point pipeline...hopefully A Williams can change that.

Political Hack
11-21-2014, 12:21 PM
keep it respectful fellows. his friends on our team will not like seeing our own fans dog one of our own even if he is the wrong. Kids make mistakes. Give him due process. He will pay dearly for this. No need to pile it on.

spiritual_machine2005
11-21-2014, 12:31 PM
One positive I see out of this, if you could call it that, is that our staff acted immediately. That sets forth a good precidence that certain behaviors are not tolerated on our team, regardless if the player is a starter or not. Some other programs can not make that claim.

NCDawg
11-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Wasn't making plays anyway. See Ya douchebag. What a selfish move

He did make a nice open field tackle on that hot shot LSU freshman running back.

quickstrike2
11-21-2014, 12:36 PM
He has made some big plays for us, the Auburn pick, and seems like he was the one that made the super athletic pick against Ole Miss last year. I hate to lose him, but we need somebody to step up now. Kids make mistakes, and it's all part of it. Some mistakes just affect the rest of you entire life.

DudyDawg
11-21-2014, 12:39 PM
He has made some big plays for us, the Auburn pick, and seems like he was the one that made the super athletic pick against Ole Miss last year. I hate to lose him, but we need somebody to step up now. Kids make mistakes, and it's all part of it. Some mistakes just affect the rest of you entire life.

I don't consider burglary a mistake

Todd4State
11-21-2014, 12:41 PM
We'll just start Market and Hughes. Not a big deal from a personnel standpoint.

quickstrike2
11-21-2014, 12:45 PM

Interesting take on what I was saying.

RC3
11-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Slow down. No one knows any facts yet. An arrest hardly means he is guilty.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2014, 01:00 PM

Yikes. Not many scholarship offer for our top 4 safties: Market, Hughes, Coman, and Evans.

msstate7
11-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Yikes. Not many scholarship offer for our top 4 safties: Market, Hughes, Coman, and Evans.

Do you or anyone else know if Brandon Bryant is ready?

NCDawg
11-21-2014, 01:13 PM

Not too many scholarship offers for our OL either. We "coach them up".

thf24
11-21-2014, 01:19 PM

I'm not so sure. Each one of them is lacking in either athleticism or pass coverage instincts. If an opponent has a burner at wideout and decides they want to get him matched up with a safety, I'm not confident in any combination of those four.

1bigdawg
11-21-2014, 01:26 PM
keep it respectful fellows. his friends on our team will not like seeing our own fans dog one of our own even if he is the wrong. Kids make mistakes. Give him due process. He will pay dearly for this. No need to pile it on.

This

Todd4State
11-21-2014, 01:29 PM

That's why I said we should get a JUCO safety last night.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Not too many scholarship offers for our OL either. We "coach them up".

Our O-Line is servicable b/c we start 3 5th year seniors and a 4th year Junior who have played a ton of football. We also have a QB and a system that can mask O-line deficiences. Also, Safety and OL are very different when it comes to recruiting rankings and offers.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2014, 01:38 PM

Yep, we tried to get in the game on Bridges, but Ole Miss just got him.

dawgs
11-21-2014, 01:41 PM

Burglary is the secondary mistake here. I doubt he was "stealing" something, he probably just grabbed something from his chick he allegedly beat up and he's gonna get hit for burglary along with everything else. Or she left something in his car and he drove off with it or something. Regardless, the domestic violence is the big mistake here. The rest is ancillary.

LC Dawg
11-21-2014, 02:27 PM
He was arrested. He allegedly did something. Let's let it play out before we crucify the guy.

RC3
11-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Burglary is the secondary mistake here. I doubt he was "stealing" something, he probably just grabbed something from his chick he allegedly beat up and he's gonna get hit for burglary along with everything else. Or she left something in his car and he drove off with it or something. Regardless, the domestic violence is the big mistake here. The rest is ancillary.

Wrong. The burglary is the big charge. Burglary is a felony that carries up to25 years and is now a violent crime. My assumption here is that the allegation is that he broke into her home with the intent to commit the crime of assault therein, not larceny. You don't have to be stealing something to be charged with burglary. Just breaking in with the intent to commit any crime once inside. Of course she could be crazy. Of course he could've been going in to recover something of his and she made all of this up. I've seen these things play out in all kinda of crazy ways. My point is, we need to let this play out instead of crucifying right now

mstatefan91
11-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Wrong. The burglary is the big charge. Burglary is a felony that carries up to25 years and is now a violent crime. My assumption here is that the allegation is that he broke into her home with the intent to commit the crime of assault therein, not larceny. You don't have to be stealing something to be charged with burglary. Just breaking in with the intent to commit any crime once inside. Of course she could be crazy. Of course he could've been going in to recover something of his and she made all of this up. I've seen these things play out in all kinda of crazy ways. My point is, we need to let this play out instead of crucifying right now

The fact that the police showed up and found her injured doesn't look good for him.

codeDawg
11-21-2014, 03:05 PM
So... is the Virgil grayshirt connected here? JUCO S needed ASAP?

codeDawg
11-21-2014, 03:06 PM

Is this why Virgil's offer was moved to greyshirt?

Dawg496
11-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Is this why Virgil's offer was moved to greyshirt?

Can't be because of the suspension; he's a senior anyway.

In other words, he would've graduated after this year anyway and we'd need someone in his place next year regardless of if this incident had happened or not.

drunkernhelldawg
11-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Our cultural mores are firm right now. It's never okay to hit a person weaker than you are. The severe punishments for Rice and Peterson are a wake up call for everyone. Cox either missed the memo or is incredibly dense, if the information is true. It's never okay to lose a starter this way. I hope our team can rise above it.

codeDawg
11-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Can't be because of the suspension; he's a senior anyway.

In other words, he would've graduated after this year anyway and we'd need someone in his place next year regardless of if this incident had happened or not.

Oh, yeah. Thought he was a Jr. #conspiracytheorydebunked

MabenMaroon
11-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Aye Jimmy! He must have been thinking with his dipstick.

RC3
11-21-2014, 07:57 PM
The fact that the police showed up and found her injured doesn't look good for him.

It does not, if that's true. But he could have been defending himself