PDA

View Full Version : An early signing period would have solved this whole C. Virgil thing

Irondawg
11-21-2014, 12:25 AM
An early signing period wouldn't just help the schools, it would help the recruits not get yanked around by some staffs either.

BLITZII
11-21-2014, 12:22 PM
I agree completely! This would help everyone involved....coaches and players.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
11-21-2014, 02:04 PM
My only problem is what to do with players who get significantly hurt their senior year? School just has to suck it up? I understand that pulling a scholly because a kid gets hurt sucks bad for the kid, but it happens every year with most every program. And playing in the SEC doesn't give us much wiggle room for taking guys that are clearly not going to be the same as they were when they were offered.

Miss. Stake
11-21-2014, 02:22 PM
An early signing period is a farce. All an early signing period does it move up signing day to a new day. College Football recruiting is cutthroat, shit happens.

WinningIsRelentless
11-21-2014, 02:27 PM
If it is best for state that he gray shirt all our fans need to be happy Mullen had the balls to do it. Some of y'all are like ole miss and perception means everything to y'all. Stop the damn B@@@@@@@

Westdawg
11-21-2014, 02:43 PM
there is more to this story that most of us don't know.

from what i am gleaning from observation, a few things:

The staff reportedly was up front with Virgil about being more of an athlete and playing at another position.
The staff had said going forward that he was free to look at other places if this was not what he wanted ( must have stressed to him that he was not playing QB)
Virgil and his coach were adamant that he be a QB, and all he was going to be was a QB.
Staff has not been in much contact with him lately due to this, and last big communication was to re-iterate their previous point.
Virgil and his coach are pissed off because they are asking him to wait a year. basically, if you want to come here, you are going to have to wait in order 2 b a QB.
sounds like a cluster on the outside, but i think the staff was doing all they could. it also sounds like they had tried to get this through to Virgil, but it just didn't take. so, they went to the HC at WMHS. and he was livid, thinking they pulled this at the 11th hour ,when from all indications, he just heard about it last.