PDA

View Full Version : Pollack and Palmer love MSU

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 10:53 PM
They just brought up the playoff situation during the Duke/UNC game and Palmer and Pollack both completely agreed that we are one of the 4 best teams, belong in the playoff, and deserve a rematch.

One thing to remember is that we just lost. Assuming we continue to win, right now should be as bad as it gets from a media perspective. If we look good Saturday, we will win some people back over to our side. If we beat Ole Miss, we will win even more back to our side.

We just have to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Just win. That's all we can do.

woozman
11-21-2014, 06:41 AM
I think the committee has proven that they give a shit less about the opinions of the media or analysts. If they did we'd be 5 or 6...

Coach34
11-21-2014, 06:48 AM
I think the committee has proven that they give a shit less about the opinions of the media or analysts. If they did we'd be 5 or 6...

This all day

The committee thought so much of us- that they jumped Bammer ahead of 3 other teams into the #1 spot just for beating us AT HOME. Think about that

Jack Lambert
11-21-2014, 08:47 AM
This all day

The committee thought so much of us- that they jumped Bammer ahead of 3 other teams into the #1 spot just for beating us AT HOME. Think about that

I think the only thing the committee will do if there is two schools from the same conference, they will put them in the same bowl game. So I don't think we finish any hiring than 4 if Bama keeps on winning. I don't care how Oregon or FSU finishes. If they lose TCU or OSU will jump us to the 3 or 2 spots. Not that they are better just the one thing I don't think they will let happen is a National Championship game with two schools from the same conference.

LC Dawg
11-21-2014, 09:02 AM
I don't buy that the media is all against us. The AP poll is voted on by the media and we are 4th. There are a few talking heads who talk us down but that is their job. If all the "analysts" said the same thing no one would tune in. Some of what is perceived to by anti-MSU is actually anti-SEC and there's not a lot we can do about that. I really feel that we have a good deal of respect from the media for what we've accomplished this year and it really doesn't matter because the committee doesn't seem to care what the media thinks. I personally don't think the committee has a desire to limit themselves to conference champions because that really lessens the importance of the committee. If they did that we would just wait until the end of the regular season and let them pick 4 of the 5 conference champions.

Yossarian
11-21-2014, 09:56 AM
If ESPN was setting the matchups, I would agree, but it appears to me that the committee does not plan ahead and lets the chips fall where they may. They will only set whether the #1-4 game is in NO or LA.

Of course, I may be wrong.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2014, 10:09 AM
If ESPN was setting the matchups, I would agree, but it appears to me that the committee does not plan ahead and lets the chips fall where they may. They will only set whether the #1-4 game is in NO or LA.

Of course, I may be wrong.

Since the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl are the semi-finals, and Oregon is the only west coast team involved, Oregon has to finish 1 or 2 so that the committee won't have to answer questions about why the lower seeded team has home field advantage in the Rose Bowl.

That IMO is the only reason why Oregon has jumped FSU.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Since the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl are the semi-finals, and Oregon is the only west coast team involved, Oregon has to finish 1 or 2 so that the committee won't have to answer questions about why the lower seeded team has home field advantage in the Rose Bowl.

That IMO is the only reason why Oregon has jumped FSU.

Also they wanted State in the top four and that's why Bama jumped Oregon. I just don't think they wanted to move FSU to 4th. If they keep oregon at 2 then they would not have to move FSU to 4.

I think they are trying to get the top four right but I don't think they care as to which one is number 1 or number 2 as long as they get the 4 best teams and they keep the higher seed in the closes bowl game to their stadium.

Like I posted earlier as long as Bama keep winning and we keep winning we will never move past #4 even it FSU or Oregon loses. OSU, TCU or Baylor will jump us to the number 3 or number 2 position.

blacklistedbully
11-21-2014, 10:34 AM
This all day

Coach, I agree with most of what you say, but this one's got me scratching my head because last week:

1) #2 Oregon didn't play.
2) #3 FSU looked like shit again versus an unranked Miami, and probably should have lost for the umpteenth time this season.
3) #4 TCU looked like shit in a comeback win versus a terrible Kansas team.
4) While 1-3 were happening, Bama beat then #1, now #4 MSU.

All of these things combined to get Bama to #1.

I hope like hell all you, "just win & we're in" folks are right, but I am concerned, in particular if Arky beats the hell outta TSUN, dropping them way down the rankings, and Baylor wins out big, ending with a severe beat-down of a K-State ranked somewhere from 9 to 12. It's supposedly pretty close as it stands, so who's to know if a finish like that wouldn't give Baylor the boost they need to pass us.

DawgInMemphis
11-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Coach, I agree with most of what you say, but this one's got me scratching my head because last week:

1) #2 Oregon didn't play.
2) #3 FSU looked like shit again versus an unranked Miami, and probably should have lost for the umpteenth time this season.
3) #4 TCU looked like shit in a comeback win versus a terrible Kansas team.
4) While 1-3 were happening, Bama beat then #1, now #4 MSU.

All of these things combined to get Bama to #1.

I hope like hell all you, "just win & we're in" folks are right, but I am concerned, in particular if Arky beats the hell outta TSUN, dropping them way down the rankings, and Baylor wins out big, ending with a severe beat-down of a K-State ranked somewhere from 9 to 12. It's supposedly pretty close as it stands, so who's to know if a finish like that wouldn't give Baylor the boost they need to pass us.

I'm a little concerned as well. If TCU, Baylor, and Ohio State all win out we would have to get in over the Big 12 co-champions and the Big 10 champ, all of whom only have 1 loss, whereas we didn't even win our own division. I still think we're one of the best 4 teams in the country, but that's going to be the argument. How do you put in an SEC team that can't win it's own division over those other teams... most everyone outside the SEC is going to have issues with that. Pollack and Palmer love us because they came from SEC schools and understand the grind. We really need UM to win at Arky, then beat them convincingly in two weeks.

Dawgbite
11-21-2014, 03:23 PM
I agree with everything you said but I can't root for OM. I want them beat bruised and demoralized next week when we play them.