PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I think...

Bucky Dog
11-20-2014, 10:22 PM
The popular thing to say in the media is that we need OM to beat Arkansas so they are higher ranked so if we beat them then we have a chance to go to the playoff. Bullshit! We have done enough and even if we beat OM ranked around 15 at their place, that is huge!! I want them to lose so they do not have a chance to finish higher than us in the SECW or have a chance to go to SECCG if Auburn were to somehow upset Bama. I want Arkansas to beat them up and beat them down.

Also, I really think that Oregon will either lose at Oregon State OR to USC in the championship game. I also think FSU has a good chance to lose at Florida OR to Ga Tech in championship game. Count me in for Texas upsetting TCU on Turkey Day and Wisconsin beating OSU in B10 championship game!!

phatdog
11-20-2014, 10:25 PM
I agree with all that. I want Arky to run for 400 yards.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 10:34 PM
The popular thing to say in the media is that we need OM to beat Arkansas so they are higher ranked so if we beat them then we have a chance to go to the playoff. Bullshit! We have done enough and even if we beat OM ranked around 15 at their place, that is huge!! I want them to lose so they do not have a chance to finish higher than us in the SECW or have a chance to go to SECCG if Auburn were to somehow upset Bama. I want Arkansas to beat them up and beat them down.

Also, I really think that Oregon will either lose at Oregon State OR to USC in the championship game. I also think FSU has a good chance to lose at Florida OR to Ga Tech in championship game. Count me in for Texas upsetting TCU on Turkey Day and Wisconsin beating OSU in B10 championship game!!

If someone loses, you are certainly correct, but I've heard many analysts this week say that we need Ole Miss to win. Fair or not, that's the way it is perceived and perception seems to be all that matters right now.

Bucky Dog
11-20-2014, 10:39 PM
If someone loses, you are certainly correct, but I've heard many analysts this week say that we need Ole Miss to win. Fair or not, that's the way it is perceived and perception seems to be all that matters right now.

Yeah but I would rather them lose a close physical battle such as LSU and take our chances. I really think some of those other teams are going to lose that I mentioned. Most importantly OSU.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Yeah but I would rather them lose a close physical battle such as LSU and take our chances. I really think some of those other teams are going to lose that I mentioned. Most importantly OSU.

I want to control our own destiny and want to make the playoff. Your entire premise can't rely on someone else losing. I'm completely OK with the game being a physical battle, but I want to control our own destiny. We get beat Ole Miss whether they beat Ark or not. I don't view it as us needing Ole Miss to lose to beat Ole Miss. That's absurd.

preachermatt83
11-20-2014, 11:14 PM
I admit it. I can't stand OM. My dislike for them is very near to being as extreme as my love for MSU. I cannot picture any circumstance within reason that I would EVER want OM to win at anything. I hope Arky beats them by 40..

DownwardDawg
11-20-2014, 11:16 PM
I admit it. I can't stand OM. My dislike for them is very near to being as extreme as my love for MSU. I cannot picture any circumstance within reason that I would EVER want OM to win at anything. I hope Arky beats them by 40..

Me too. Then I want to smash them and I hope auburn upsets Bama. I want to play for the sec championship again.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 11:17 PM

I'm with you. I don't think I could actually cheer for them as well even when I should. The great thing about that game is that you can celebrate either way. I'll be cheering against Ole Miss, but I shouldn't be.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Me too. Then I want to smash them and I hope auburn upsets Bama. I want to play for the sec championship again.

I'm with you and don't be surprised if this happens. Auburn is a very talented team that has had an awful schedule. They absolutely have the players to beat Alabama, and they get a break this week to catch their breath, while also getting Duke Williams back for the Iron Bowl.

I could see the Iron Bowl being a lot like the Texas A&M/ Auburn game was for A&M. Auburn is talented and will play a pride game. No chance Auburn lets their season end like the Georgia game went.

The good news for Auburn is that, like A&M, they have the ability and players to score points. If they come out playing for pride and jump up early, Bama could have problems coming back. Bama's offense isn't built to come back from two or so scores.

starkvegasdawg
11-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Screw the bears. I hope they get beat like a frat boy at a Kimdashian party Saturday.

shoeless joe
11-21-2014, 08:10 AM

This is incorrect. If the committee has shown anything it's that media created perception means zilch! We win out we're in...and yes I do think someone ahead of us or OSU will lose anyway but that's not why I believe this.

msstate7
11-21-2014, 08:16 AM
From watching the bcs play out all these years, I've learned that there will be more than a couple teams flame out down the stretch. It will happen this year too. Let's just make sure we're not in that group and we'll be fine

Dawgtini
11-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Screw the bears. I hope they get beat like a frat boy at a Kimdashian party Saturday.
+1

NCDawg
11-21-2014, 09:03 AM

Think I'd rather play for the SEC Championship than any kind of playoff. I remember the exciting atmosphere of that game in '98. Most exciting game I'd ever attended.

dickiedawg
11-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Agreed. F the bears!
I can see cheering for OM in certain situations (i.e. if 8-2 Ole Miss were playing 9-1 Alabama this weekend, you bet your ass I'd be cheering for OM).

But there's NO FREAKIN WAY I'm cheering for them just so they're ranked a little higher when we play. If they lose, I will relish their sweet tears on Facebook and Twitter.