PDA

View Full Version : Braxton Miller

Smitty
11-20-2014, 05:46 PM
If Dak goes pro (don't think this is happening) do we have an inside track for his services next year?

Can't see him staying in Columbus. Graduate and play immediately.

Coach34
11-20-2014, 05:53 PM
He can't transfer to the SEC- only has 1 year of eligibility remaining

Smitty
11-20-2014, 05:56 PM
He can't transfer to the SEC- only has 1 year of eligibility remaining

He can do the grad school route Russell Wilson and Masoli did.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430465/article/potential-landing-spots-if-braxton-miller-were-to-leave-ohio-state

TheRef
11-20-2014, 05:59 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430465/article/potential-landing-spots-if-braxton-miller-were-to-leave-ohio-state

SEC created the Masoli Rule because of what he did at OM.

HSVDawg
11-20-2014, 06:33 PM
SEC created the Masoli Rule because of what he did at OM.

So the Jacob Coker transfer was allowed because he had two years of eligibility left?

TheRef
11-20-2014, 06:35 PM
So the Jacob Coker transfer was allowed because he had two years of eligibility left?

The rule in the SEC is now that if you are coming to an SEC school from outside the conference to play sports, you have to sit out at least one year. You can't start right away, IIRC

engie
11-20-2014, 06:39 PM
The rule in the SEC is now that if you are coming to an SEC school from outside the conference to play sports, you have to sit out at least one year. You can't start right away, IIRC

Coker didn't sit...

He has 2 years of eligibility, so he was able to immediately transfer. Miller only has one year of eligibility left...

TheRef
11-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Coker didn't sit...

He has 2 years of eligibility, so he was able to immediately transfer. Miller only has one year of eligibility left...

I should have clarified what I meant. If you graduated and are coming to an SEC school to play for one year (as in you only have one year of eligibility left) you must sit out a year.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-20-2014, 07:08 PM

Wilson went to a GRAD school. Masoli went to a GRADE school.

Coach34
11-20-2014, 07:23 PM

yes

Coach34
11-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Miller cannot play in the SEC

HoopsDawg
11-20-2014, 07:33 PM
No, but Brandon Harris should transfer to MSU. He could use his redshirt year to sit out while Dak plays his senior year and then he would be great in Mullen's offense the next 3 years. Jennings has the inside track the next 2 years at LSU and Harris is not a great fit for Cam Cameron's system.

Coach34
11-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Harris would be the next Dak Prescott in our offense

Smitty
11-20-2014, 08:19 PM

What's the regulations on coaching contact with that? Could lead to a Pandora's box of Flipmas.

TUSK
11-20-2014, 08:22 PM

wow.

HoopsDawg
11-20-2014, 08:36 PM
What's the regulations on coaching contact with that? Could lead to a Pandora's box of Flipmas.

We can't contact him. He would have to decide to transfer and then reach out to us. LSU is not a good fit for Harris and they should have redshirted him this year.

HoopsDawg
11-20-2014, 08:37 PM
wow.

Do you disagree, b/c I don't. Even Dak had to redshirt at MSU and he has come a long way since his freshman year as a QB. Harris is the perfect fit for our offense.

RAYn_Man
11-20-2014, 08:42 PM
I can't believe I'm actually reading some of this stuff...

Coach34
11-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Harris is from Shreveport. I may have to "accidentally" bump into him over the holidays

msstate7
11-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Harris is from Shreveport. I may have to "accidentally" bump into him over the holidays

Dak
Williams
Staley
Fitz
Virgil
Tiano

We need to add another scholarship qb? Ifyouonlyknew has convinced me Virgil will be the man anyway

HoopsDawg
11-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Dak
Williams
Staley
Fitz
Virgil
Tiano

We need to add another scholarship qb? Ifyouonlyknew has convinced me Virgil will be the man anyway

Dak will be a senior. Of the other 5 guys, I only feel good about one of them and I will not name him.

Coach34
11-20-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm still not convinced Staley doesnt get lured by his 1st love and end up in basketball full-time. His pro prospects are better for football-but he loves basketball more

HoopsDawg
11-20-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm still not convinced Staley doesnt get lured by his 1st love and end up in basketball full-time. His pro prospects are better for football-but he loves basketball more

Yep.

Pollodawg
11-20-2014, 09:16 PM

How is he panning out so far in practice and whatnot?

thf24
11-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Dak isn't going pro, and realistically never was. We just got caught up in the hype. He could have won the Heisman and the NC, and still would have gotten a 4-5 round grade with scouts telling him that he isn't ready and needs to improve his overall accuracy and his consistency on easy throws. He's an average to slightly above average college passer, but is an elite college QB because of how much his passing benefits from his threat to run, which will be mostly negated in the NFL because his running style isn't viable at that level. I love the guy as much as the rest of you and don't mean to sound harsh, but he absolutely needs another year to refine his passing game no matter what production and accolades he could have ended up with this year in order to stick in the NFL.

msstate7
11-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Dak
Williams
Staley
Fitz
Virgil
Tiano

Maybe Virgil won't be the man

Coach34
11-20-2014, 09:35 PM
How is he panning out so far in practice and whatnot?

Like all freshmen QB's- I hear he has his very good days and he has his bad days...We'll see how he pans out. He has a shitload of ability- including the possibility of being an All-SEC basketball player. He just has to commit to one or the other with his heart

TUSK
11-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Do you disagree, b/c I don't. Even Dak had to redshirt at MSU and he has come a long way since his freshman year as a QB. Harris is the perfect fit for our offense.

we're talkin about the qb at LSU, right?

msstate7
11-20-2014, 10:51 PM
we're talkin about the qb at LSU, right?
Yep

TUSK
11-20-2014, 10:54 PM

are we talkin' bout the same "harris"? the Bossier, LA kid that's QB at LSU???
edit: wow.

HoopsDawg
11-20-2014, 11:09 PM
are we talkin' bout the same "harris"? the Bossier, LA kid that's QB at LSU???
edit: wow.

What are you saying dipshit? He's not starting at LSU. Jennings is only a sophomore. He could transfer without losing eligiblity and he's a terrible fit for Cameron's offense and a great fit for Mullen's. And Dak would be a senior while he was redshirting. Plus Starkville is only about 5 hours from his hometown. Look it ain't happening, but it makes a lot of sense for him and definitely for us.

TUSK
11-20-2014, 11:17 PM
What are you saying dipshit? He's not starting at LSU. Jennings is only a sophomore. He could transfer without losing eligiblity and he's a terrible fit for Cameron's offense and a great fit for Mullen's. And Dak would be a senior while he was redshirting. Plus Starkville is only about 5 hours from his hometown. Look it ain't happening, but it makes a lot of sense for him and definitely for us.

ah, my bad.... I was thinking "jennings", not "harris"... isn't he a bit light to fill Dak's shoe's? 180s?

regardless, I'd like both of em (along with Miles) to stay at LSU as looooong as they can....

and why the "dipshit", man?

HoopsDawg
11-20-2014, 11:21 PM
ah, my bad.... I was thinking "jennings", not "harris"... isn't he a bit light to fill Dak's shoe's? 180s?

regardless, I'd like both of em (along with Miles) to stay at LSU as looooong as they can....

and why the "dipshit", man?

my bad, that just slipped out.

cheewgumm
11-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Seems like QBs that work in Mullen's system need to go about 250 ( Tebow, Prescott, even Relf). I don't think Harris is a tough enough( heavy enough) runner.