PDA

View Full Version : SVP, Russilo, and Griese about to talk MSU at #4

CadaverDawg
11-20-2014, 01:30 PM
On ESPN radio

msstate7
11-20-2014, 01:44 PM
I caught the end, but no MSU. Heard Ohio state, bama, Oregon, and 4th spot between Baylor and Fsu

Homedawg
11-20-2014, 01:51 PM
The Ohio st spin machine is in full force. They suck too. Whoever gets them in a playoff game, if the make it, will be licking their chops.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 01:54 PM
I just listened to whole thing.

1. Griese was very complementary of us and said we belong in the 4th spot

2. SVP is very skeptical of how the committee could justify jumping OSU over us if we win out.

3. Both agreed that we need Ole Miss to win this weekend. I understand that people on here disagree with this, but this is the national perception and that may matter. The truth is that we need a statement to the committee and beating Ole Miss offers us that chance. Ole Miss losing and Arkansas sneaking into the top 25, simply doesn't offer the same "ZING"

4. Griese finished by saying that he wants the teams that are playing the best at the end of year in the playoff because he want competitive semi-finals. He said the teams that were playing the best were: Bama, OSU, and Oregon. He then debated FSU. What I don't understand is how beating Minnesota by 7 points makes people believe you are playing well. Would Minnesota beat Kentucky? I'm pretty sure Kentucky has more talent on paper

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Over the last 3 years, Kentucky's 3 year recruiting average is #39, while Minnesota's is #68. OHIO STATE AND TCU, YOU ARE AWESOME BECAUSE YOU BEAT THIS TEAM!!! This is a ridiculous conversation.

http://cfbmatrix.com/2014-team-recruiting-trends/

JayDawg
11-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Over the last 3 years, Kentucky's 3 year recruiting average is #39, while Minnesota's is #68. OHIO STATE AND TCU, YOU ARE AWESOME BECAUSE YOU BEAT THIS TEAM!!! This is a ridiculous conversation.

http://cfbmatrix.com/2014-team-recruiting-trends/

People do not think TCU is awesome because they beat Minnesota, they think TCU is good because they have beaten 4 top 25 teams, including 2 top 10 teams, and their only loss was on the road by 3 to the #5 team. Minnesota is important because it shows that they attempted to schedule someone decent outside of their conference. I'm not saying they should be ranked ahead of State, I think State should be ranked ahead of them, but to imply they are not good is ludicrous.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
People do not think TCU is awesome because they beat Minnesota, they think TCU is good because they have beaten 4 top 25 teams, including 2 top 10 teams, and their only loss was on the road by 3 to the #5 team. Minnesota is important because it shows that they attempted to schedule someone decent outside of their conference. I'm not saying they should be ranked ahead of State, I think State should be ranked ahead of them, but to imply they are not good is ludicrous.

I wasn't picking on TCU so much as making a point that beating Minnesota by 7 points doesn't mean Ohio State is playing well. MSU is criticized by their performance at KY and winning by 14 points, while OSU is praised for playing well, while only beating a team by 7 points that has far less talent than KY. Makes no sense. Comparing a 1 loss SEC team to a 1 loss Ohio State is comparing apples to oranges. Saying Ohio State has so many top 25 wins is absurd because of the lack of competition those top 25 teams have played in order to be top 25 teams.

Everyone criticizes our wins over LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Arkansas, while those 4 teams would run 4/5ths of the Big 1G off the field if they played.

JayDawg
11-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Well in that case I completely agree with you Shotgun. Sorry about the confusion.