PDA

View Full Version : Vandy's cupboard jsut got that much barer

starkvegasdawg
11-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Backup RB Jarron Seymore was just kicked off the team for violation of rules. I think they kicked their best RB off the team last month and I think they are down a QB or two as well. If there was ever a time to have a statement game against a doormat SEC team this is it. I hate to embarrass any school not named Ole Miss but we need to embarrass Vandy Saturday.

drunkernhelldawg
11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
I don't think it's how bad we beat them. It's just that we don't want updates to be going to other games saying, "Will Mississippi State lose its second in a row? Only up 10-7 after three, with Vandy driving on the State 40." The number of points we beat them by doesn't matter, as long as we dominate the game from start to finish.

I don't think Dan is the kind of coach who runs up the score. He's wired to focus on what it takes to win the game. Hopefully, the people on the committee understand the game of football. I think we'll win 48-6 with Vandy not scoring a touchdown. Hopefully, it'll be a fun, injury free game for our players and fans.

GreenheadDawg
11-20-2014, 11:59 AM
I expect to see a lot of 1B so I'm sure the score will not be what we want it to be

Dawgface
11-20-2014, 12:47 PM
I expect to see a lot of 1B so I'm sure the score will not be what we want it to be

I understand that is a real possibility and probably a good time for them to get more experience, but we need a large win. I hope we don't screw around too much.

thf24
11-20-2014, 12:58 PM
The 1B's may be all we need to embarrass Vandy. Each overall significantly inferior opponent we've played this year, even arguably UTM, has one or two things going for them on one side of the ball or the other that they could hurt the 1B's with, but I'm not so sure about Vandy. There is practically nothing that sticks out to me that they do well.

AlmostPositive
11-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Vandy is a historically bad SEC football team. If you didn't know that before the 30 point spread, you know it now.

As for embarrassment, the damage is already done: they lost by 20 to Temple at home. You can only go up from there.

Homedawg
11-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Backup RB Jarron Seymore was just kicked off the team for violation of rules. I think they kicked their best RB off the team last month and I think they are down a QB or two as well. If there was ever a time to have a statement game against a doormat SEC team this is it. I hate to embarrass any school not named Ole Miss but we need to embarrass Vandy Saturday.

Ralph Webb is their leading rusher and has over 800 yards. He's a fr and still playing.