PDA

View Full Version : Here's the way I see the Egg Bowl...

DistrictDawg92
11-20-2014, 10:50 AM
I know I know, worry about vandy first, but it's hard not to look ahead.

If we play our A game(first 56 min of LSU game), we win by 17+.
If we play out B game(auburn or A&M) we win by 10-17 points.
If we play our C game(Arkansas) we will win in a very close game.
If we play our D game(Kentucky) we lose by 3-10 points.
If we play our F game, we get smashed. But no way we run out there with playoff and bragging right implications on the line and shit the bed.

We really need to come out and punch them in the mouth early on, we have played out best games when we get up big early and coast. I'm scared if we let them hang around all game they could squeak it out. Crazy to think the biggest game in MSU history will be against a 9-2 Ole Miss team in oxford.

GTHOM
11-20-2014, 10:57 AM

If we play our F game, we get smashed. But no way we run out there with playoff and bragging right implications on the line and shit the bed.

We really need to come out and punch them in the mouth early on, we have played out best games when we get up big early and coast. I'm scared if we let them hang around all game they could squeak it out. Crazy to think the biggest game in MSU history will be against a 9-2 Ole Miss team in oxford.

Your saying ole miss will beat arkansas i guess?? I would be surprised. I do agree with what you said though, we have to play well but i think we will. We match up well with them, we should win the battle up front on both sides, as long as we RTGDF on offense we will score at least 30-40 points like auburn did. we are very similar to them offensively, just more balanced. Our defense should be able to hold them to 17-24 points maybe less if we play our asses off. Collins had a good scheme for them last year and now he doesnt have to worry about Treadwell. Not having him is a big blow to their offense

DistrictDawg92
11-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Your saying ole miss will beat arkansas i guess?? I would be surprised. I do agree with what you said though, we have to play well but i think we will. We match up well with them, we should win the battle up front on both sides, as long as we RTGDF on offense we will score at least 30-40 points like auburn did. we are very similar to them offensively, just more balanced. Our defense should be able to hold them to 17-24 points maybe less if we play our asses off. Collins had a good scheme for them last year and now he doesnt have to worry about Treadwell. Not having him is a big blow to their offense

Yes I do think they will beat Arkansas. They have had two weeks to prepare. The have the front 7 to slow down the run and the DB's to cover the Play action. If OM can put up 17 they will win. Gonna be a close and physical game though, which can only help us

Ifyouonlyknew
11-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Yes I do think they will beat Arkansas. They have had two weeks to prepare. The have the front 7 to slow down the run and the DB's to cover the Play action. If OM can put up 17 they will win. Gonna be a close and physical game though, which can only help us

I don't see how you can say they have the front 7 to slow down the run. The top 3 rushing teams they have faced this season (LSU, Bama, & Auburn) avg 227yds/game against them. That's not good at all.

DistrictDawg92
11-20-2014, 11:23 AM
I don't see how you can say they have the front 7 to slow down the run. The top 3 rushing teams they have faced this season (LSU, Bama, & Auburn) avg 227yds/game against them. That's not good at all.

I'm not saying their front 7 is the best out there, but let's not act like OM doesn't have a solid front 7, and if u honestly don't think they do you are just ignorant. It would be different if I said stop the run, their is a difference in slowing something down and stopping it. If Arky scores 17 or more I think they will win, but I don't think they will. I think it will be similar to our game with Arky, and definitely could go either way however. Also if OM wins and we beat them, that would be our 4th top 10 win of the year with two of them being on the road and our only loss would be to the #1 team in the nation at their place. I don't know how we couldn't be seeded #2 with that resume.

MadDawg
11-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm not saying their front 7 is the best out there, but let's not act like OM doesn't have a solid front 7, and if u honestly don't think they do you are just ignorant. It would be different if I said stop the run, their is a difference in slowing something down and stopping it. If Arky scores 17 or more I think they will win, but I don't think they will. I think it will be similar to our game with Arky, and definitely could go either way however. Also if OM wins and we beat them, that would be our 4th top 10 win of the year with two of them being on the road and our only loss would be to the #1 team in the nation at their place. I don't know how we couldn't be seeded #2 with that resume.

Wait, you called someone ignorant in a post that you state you think we will be the #2 seed at the end of the season?

My take: Yes the Bearsharks have a solid front 7 - but they suck against the run. If giving up 512 yards combined rushing to LSU and Auburn is "slowing down the run" then I hope like hell they slow down our running game similarly.

IF (and it's a big IF) we make the playoffs it will be as #4 unless there are huge upsets in the top 3 in the next 2 weeks. We won't get there on resume alone.

Question: If the bearsharks give up 250+ rushing yards to Ark, who wins?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-20-2014, 11:41 AM
So you're saying I'm ignorant for showing stats that show OM front 7 isn't good against running teams? I know you said slow down but they didn't slow down the other 3 teams so I wonder why they would be able to slow down Arkansas who has a bigger, stronger OL than the previous 3 teams. Yes OM has a good front 7 but also a very undersized front 7. Their starting DL is giving up like a 30lbs advantage per man against Arkansas OL. I didn't disagree with you about points scored or even who would win but the fact remains OM front 7 isn't good against physical running teams.

thunderclap
11-20-2014, 11:52 AM
If we 17ing show up and go -3 in turnovers again none of that will matter.

NCDawg
11-20-2014, 12:07 PM
If we 17ing show up and go -3 in turnovers again none of that will matter.

I agree. We can't have -3 in turnovers when we play Ole Miss. Also, our OL has to perform a whole lot better. On 1st down on Alabama's 1/2 yard line, our OL got knocked back into our backfield about 5 yards. Robinson had no chance to score.

maroonmania
11-20-2014, 12:41 PM

We will not win in Oxford with a C game, you can just forget that. Losing Treadwell will hurt them but not THAT much. I mean they beat AL there and were within inches of beating Auburn. I certainly think we can win, maybe even should win, but I predict a very close game. Its just VERY difficult for the road team to win the Egg Bowl if the home team is having a good season.

MadDawg
11-20-2014, 01:29 PM
We will not win in Oxford with a C game, you can just forget that. Losing Treadwell will hurt them but not THAT much. I mean they beat AL there and were within inches of beating Auburn. I certainly think we can win, maybe even should win, but I predict a very close game. Its just VERY difficult for the road team to win the Egg Bowl if the home team is having a good season.

Exactly. And most of the time, it doesn't even matter if they are having a good season.

AlmostPositive
11-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Ole Miss is going to lose in Fayetteville. They have more problems than Treadwell's absence, namely an offensive line that was mediocre at best when the best member was healthy. I'd bet Tunsil will be sitting from here on out.

Ole Miss will play hard on Nov. 29 but they no no longer have the ability to score enough to win.

BulldogBear
11-20-2014, 01:39 PM
If we commit to the run we will win the Egg Bowl. If we get cute and run to set up the pass as an overall strategy it will be a mistake and we may lose. 65/35 run/pass AT LEAST. If we drop below that, we are being very very stupid.

We need to pass "just enough" to win. The run game pounding for 4 quarters (even if you don't see the fruit early) is what will cash in a 10-27 point win.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Arkansas will rush for 300 or more against them. Ole miss better score 35 or more, but they won't have the ball long enough.

GTHOM
11-20-2014, 03:58 PM
If state runs the ball 60 percent of the time in the egg bowl and dont turn the ball over they will win. state is a better and more complete team. not to mention more healthy. auburn had 9 rushes of 10 yards or more against UM, LSU may have had the same amount. they havent slowed anyone down on the ground with a pulse. even bama averaged 5 or 6 yards per carry and they decided not to run it. ole miss was exposed

Homedawg
11-20-2014, 04:28 PM
If we commit to the run we will win the Egg Bowl. If we get cute and run to set up the pass as an overall strategy it will be a mistake and we may lose. 65/35 run/pass AT LEAST. If we drop below that, we are being very very stupid.

We need to pass "just enough" to win. The run game pounding for 4 quarters (even if you don't see the fruit early) is what will cash in a 10-27 point win.

While I agree we need to run, our run game isn't similar to Lsu, bama or ark, they all have power based run schemes. We run the zone, inside and out, and an occasional counter. Ole miss' slanting style of d is more suited against us than the other 3. They stunt every single play, when they guess right, it's tough to run on. Gross has given us fits. I'm not saying we can't run, just that it won't be that easy.

codeDawg
11-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Here's the problem UM has with Arkansas. UM depends on taking a lot of shots. They get a lot of opportunities to take those shots because their defense keeps handing them back the ball. They might get 10 possessions in the Arkansas game. Maybe.

They are soft in the run, so Arkansas is going to have the ball for 40 minutes and UM won't have enough possessions to score enough points. Pigs win in a 23 - 17 ball game.

EAVdog
11-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Game sets up well for Arkansas. Freeze got sucked into a strategic battle with Les Miles to his own detriment. If he lets Bielema dictate the pace/style of the game like he let Miles do then the Rebs are in for a long day. I think Freeze's stupidity and arrogance cost them another game this year.

Won't really affect us either way. If Hogs win they may crack top 25, which would give us another resume win.

Coach34
11-20-2014, 05:08 PM
We will not win in Oxford with a C game, you can just forget that. Losing Treadwell will hurt them but not THAT much. I mean they beat AL there and were within inches of beating Auburn.

How? I missed that. I saw where they were within inches of taking the lead- but there was 1:30 left...Auburn already had 35 points and over 500 yards...not sure why anybody not affiliated with OM thinks they wouldnt have at least gotten a FG

FlabLoser
11-20-2014, 05:27 PM
One of the main things we have to do in the Egg Bowl is weather the storm that will start the game. That's one thing we didn't do against Bama. Gotta take their punches and throw back with our own. Better yet if we beat them to the punch like we did in Baton Rouge.

GTHOM
11-20-2014, 05:57 PM
we are very similar offensively to auburn, more balanced though. id say we are better than auburn offensively and they lit ole miss's defense up. they had some deep shots that connected but they still had 9 rushes of 10 yards or more. We should be fine

maroonmania
11-20-2014, 05:57 PM
How? I missed that. I saw where they were within inches of taking the lead- but there was 1:30 left...Auburn already had 35 points and over 500 yards...not sure why anybody not affiliated with OM thinks they wouldnt have at least gotten a FG

Don't be a pain in the butt, the point I made remains and all these MSU fans that act like its a foregone conclusion that we go up there and win are likely the same fans that thought going up there and winning in 2012 was going to be relatively easy. Yes, we are much better than we were in 2012 but unfortunately so are the Bears.

GTHOM
11-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Don't be a pain in the butt, the point I made remains and all these MSU fans that act like its a foregone conclusion that we go up there and win are likely the same fans that thought going up there and winning in 2012 was going to be relatively easy. Yes, we are much better than we were in 2012 but unfortunately so are the Bears.

We do match up well so i understand the confidence although i never said it was going to be easy