PDA

View Full Version : MSU baseball 2018

Todd4State
11-20-2014, 01:27 AM
I do this from time to time about 2-3 times a year. Baseball America used to do something where they would project what a teams lineup would look like in 3-5 years, and of course it was horribly inaccurate, but still fun to think about. And much like those lists, this one will not even be close to what it will be in 2018 because of the MLB draft and other factors that are unforeseen. So, don't tell me that "yeah- but so and so is going to get drafted." I know.

Without further adieu, your 2018 MSU Bulldogs:

Friday- Austin Riley- UA All-American; PG All-American Classic
Saturday- Mitchell Miller- LHP, draft eligible after his sophomore year. Is a 2016 recruit. Has a chance to be an UA AA next year.
Sunday- Grey Fenter- RHP, Team USA, UA All-American (first player from Arkansas ever selected),

Midweek- Kale Breaux- RHP, Team USA (Yes, our midweek guy could be a guy that made Team USA this year)

Closer- Parker Ford RHP
Relief- Ethan Small LHP
Relief- Konnor Pilkington LHP, Team USA Trials
Relief- Jared Padgett LHP
Relief- Noah Hughes- RHP
Relief- Keegan James- RHP (may play in the field)
Relief- Trysten Barlow- LHP (may play first base)
Relief- Ryan Cyr- RHP

I think there is a chance that Andrew Mahoney and Jacob Billingsley are still around, and they are both going to be good relief pitchers for us. I think Jesse McCord will be in the pros at this point. (Breaking my own rule)

Catcher- Elih Marrero- Team USA; Perfect Game AA Classic
Catcher- Hunter Stovall or Dustin Skelton (2016) depending on how much Stovall plays second base and how that shakes out.

First base- Brent Rooker? He would be a fifth year senior. Participated in National Power Showcase in HS. Toughest spot for me to project.
Second base- Hunter Stovall or Ryan Gridley (Sr.)
Third base- Austin Riley- UA AA; PG AA Classic and yes, I do think he is a legit dual position guy.
Shortstop- Luke Alexander- Team USA as an eighth grader.

Right Field- Greg Pickett, Perfect Game AA Classic.
Center Field- Tre Turner (2016), Team USA and yes, he plays football. And I do believe he can be a two sport guy for MSU.
Left Field- Jake Mangum

DH- Walker Robbins (2016) - He also pitches and could very well be the first baseman in 2018.
PH- Brant Blaylock
PR- Heagan Severance
UT- Delvin Zinn- may play third when Riley is pitching.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2014, 01:38 AM
If you did this with Vandy's recruiting classes, you end up with something that looked more like the St. Louis Cardinals MLB team and farm system.