PDA

View Full Version : Why is Minnesota ranked and is Mich St really any good?

msugolf
11-19-2014, 04:29 PM
So Ohio State pundits are clamoring about OSU's 2 top 25 wins, Minnesota and Sparty. But lets take a closer look at those 2 teams.

Here's Minnesota's wins:
E. Illinois, Middle TN, SJSU, Michigan, Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa
Losses: TCU, Illinois, Ohio St

Mich. State wins:
Jacksonville St, E. Michigan, Wyoming, Nebraska, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan, Maryland
Losses: Oregon and Ohio St.

Tell me which of these wins is impressive? Nebraska is the best win and they got absolutely handled (by 30 pts) by a Wiscy team that lost to an "unranked and unimpressive LSU team."

So again, who has Ohio State really beaten to achieve such lofty status?

CadaverDawg
11-19-2014, 04:39 PM
To me, if there is any complaint with the committee....it should be Minnesota going from #25 to #25 after a loss. What the hell? They might as well have just come on out and said "Ohio State doesn't have shit for a resume if we don't keep Minnesota in the top 25". I mean, hell, it would have been nice if LSU or A&M had gotten the Minnesota treatment...we would have 2 more top 25 wins on our schedule. That was a garbage move and I'm disappointed that more hasn't been made of it.

msstate7
11-19-2014, 05:07 PM
I've been ticked off bout minn being #25, but I don't think its sustainable. I really don't think they beat Nebraska or Wisconsin

msstate7
11-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Seems sort of crazy, but minn-neb is a huge game sat. If Nebraska could blow them out, it would help us tremendously

Not likely at all, but south Alabama could really help us if they upset USCe

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Do we want Nebraska to win and marginalize OSU's victory over MN or do we want MN to win and marginalize OSU's Big 1G title?

Of course, a MN loss, would hurt TCU as well.

How about Indiana over Ohio State?

msstate7
11-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Do we want Nebraska to win and marginalize OSU's victory over MN or do we want MN to win and marginalize OSU's Big 1G title?

Of course, a MN loss, would hurt TCU as well.

How about Indiana over Ohio State?

Yeah, that'll work. Indiana 3-7 though.

I want Minnesota to lose. I really think Wisconsin will win the big10. If Wisconsin wins big10 and has a loss to a 4-6th place sec west team, it really values up the sec

BulldogBear
11-20-2014, 08:19 AM
LSU beat #8, and has as many wins, HTH is Minnesota's resume better than theirs?

Media logic is that if Ohio State struggles to beat Minnesota then the Gophers must be pretty good to0

but....

...if Mississippi State struggles to beat Arkansas then the Bulldogs must be bad too...