PDA

View Full Version : We have a serious uphill battle to stay in at #4.

whosyourdawgy
11-19-2014, 04:18 PM
The entire national media it seems is against us being in the playoffs. Even if we win out I don't think they will leave us in. It sucks and it's bullshit but unless one of the top 3 lose I have a bad feeling we are all gonna be sorely disappointed. All these damn Ohio State pushers in the media are gonna do us in. We need Wisconsin to whip their ass. We need K State to beat tcu We need Bama to win out and ole miss to beat Arkansas and is to destroy Vandy and win convincingly in Oxford. Even if all that happens I still think they are gonna try to screw us. We need some national media guy to get on board with us and push us

Ifyouonlyknew
11-19-2014, 04:21 PM
The media doesn't have a vote. The committee has already proven they don't listen to what the media thinks. Until otherwise all this angst & fear that the media is trying to get us is just useless.

LC Dawg
11-19-2014, 04:22 PM
I just don't think the committee cares about what the media thinks. They currently think we are the #4 team in the country and unless we lose or look very bad winning I think we are ok.

QuadrupleOption
11-19-2014, 04:22 PM
The entire national media it seems is against us being in the playoffs. Even if we win out I don't think they will leave us in. It sucks and it's bullshit but unless one of the top 3 lose I have a bad feeling we are all gonna be sorely disappointed. All these damn Ohio State pushers in the media are gonna do us in. We need Wisconsin to whip their ass. We need K State to beat tcu We need Bama to win out and ole miss to beat Arkansas and is to destroy Vandy and win convincingly in Oxford. Even if all that happens I still think they are gonna try to screw us. We need some national media guy to get on board with us and push us

If we win out we are the best 1-loss team out there. We lost to the now #1. People can bitch all they want but we only have to impress 12 people.

msstate7
11-19-2014, 04:29 PM
If the committee wanted to push us out, last week was the week. All of our best wins lost and we lost. I don't think the committee is gonna screw us

CadaverDawg
11-19-2014, 04:36 PM

Hasn't TCU already beaten Kansas State? I'm pretty sure Baylor plays KSU though. TCU only has Texas left.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Yeah, need TCU to lose to Texas, Baylor to KSU, Ohio State to Wisky, and we need to win out. If that happens we are in for sure.

Kind of need Ole Miss to beat Arkansas. No one would have a better win on the road if we won at #8 Ole Miss.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2014, 04:45 PM
If the committee wanted to push us out, last week was the week. All of our best wins lost and we lost. I don't think the committee is gonna screw us

The committee could easily rationalize OSU over us if they add a win over Wisky and a conf. championship to their resume.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2014, 05:02 PM
I think the committe isn't listening to the media. I think the public would be more upset if the committee did not put the four best teams in. If that means two from the same conference then oh well.

msstate7
11-19-2014, 05:05 PM
The committee could easily rationalize OSU over us if they add a win over Wisky and a conf. championship to their resume.

I know they could. Just saying if the fix was in that we wouldn't be 4 now

Ralph
11-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Obvioisly winning out is paramount. Do that and hope for Aub to win iron bowl

Percho
11-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Obvioisly winning out is paramount. Do that and hope for Aub to win iron bowl

Don't write Au off esp they get their big receiver back.

Drugdog
11-19-2014, 06:08 PM

No we don't. Billy Packer said of all the top 10 teams we have the hardest game left with #8 ole Miss. We win out we are in.

mic
11-19-2014, 06:25 PM
The only team that will jump us is Ohio st. It doesn't matter if OM wins or gets beat 65-0.
They will put them 4 and say it's beacuse the are league champions.
TCU and or Baylor will not jump us....

Coach34
11-19-2014, 06:27 PM
We win out- we are in. The committee recognizes the strength of the SEC. This committee doesnt give a shit about what Danny Kanell says

blacklistedbully
11-19-2014, 06:50 PM
The only team that will jump us is Ohio st. It doesn't matter if OM wins or gets beat 65-0.
They will put them 4 and say it's beacuse the are league champions.
TCU and or Baylor will not jump us....

I hope you are right, but consider this scenario:

UPig beats the crap outta TSUN. TSUN drops to 17 or lower.
K-State beats WV, then Kansas to move as high as 9 or 10, no worse than 11.

Then, we narrowly defeat TSUN, while Baylor beats the living shit outta K-State. Baylor would then have wins over #5 TCU, #9-11 K-State, & ranked Oklahoma, versus our win over Auburn, who may well be below #14 after the Iron Bowl, and a win over perhaps a subsequently unranked TSUN (or at best, low-ranked).

In that scenario, Baylor would have at least 2 wins significantly better than ours, and perhaps 3 wins better than our best win, if OU finishes higher than AU. Baylor woudl also then be the B12 Champ. That might be enough to make up the diff between our loss to Bama versus their loss to WV.

hells bells
11-19-2014, 07:57 PM
I could not give two shits what the media or nation thinks about State. Let's see, Dak is a stand up man and the entire team, did anyone mention the fan base that welcomed the team back from Tuscaloosa, and we did not bitch and moan about coming up a little short in Tuscaloosa. Just want another shot and em. Every FSU fan I hear on sports talk radio is using tampons.

Bucky Dog
11-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Don't overlook Oregon St at home against Oregon and Florida at home against FSU. I'm just saying. I am thinking that 3 of the 5 teams we want to lose will lose. My prediction is TCU, OSU and Baylor will all lose. Just win our games and what happens, happens! We can't control anything but our two remaining regular season games. I am choosing not to get hung up in all the other crap. It's wearing me out!

Coach34
11-19-2014, 08:22 PM
I hope you are right, but consider this scenario:

UPig beats the crap outta TSUN. TSUN drops to 17 or lower.
K-State beats WV, then Kansas to move as high as 9 or 10, no worse than 11.

Then, we narrowly defeat TSUN, while Baylor beats the living shit outta K-State. Baylor would then have wins over #5 TCU, #9-11 K-State, & ranked Oklahoma, versus our win over Auburn, who may well be below #14 after the Iron Bowl, and a win over perhaps a subsequently unranked TSUN (or at best, low-ranked).

In that scenario, Baylor would have at least 2 wins significantly better than ours, and perhaps 3 wins better than our best win, if OU finishes higher than AU. Baylor woudl also then be the B12 Champ. That might be enough to make up the diff between our loss to Bama versus their loss to WV.

blah blah blah

Where was Bammer before they beat us? Outside the top 4 you say? okkkkkkkkkk

Why did the committee move them to from 5 to 1? Because the SEC is far and away the top conference. Auburn still beat K-St on the road, UPig still beat TT on the road, Ole Missus still beat Biose, Bammer still beat WV, LSU still beat Wisky....that cant be changed.

We win our last 2? We are in

DLGDawg
11-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Not to jump topic...but would like to more about how that went....how many there etc. I know the coaches and players had to appreciate that.
Anybody go....??

[did anyone mention the fan base that welcomed the team back from Tuscaloosa, and we did not bitch and moan about coming up a little short in Tuscaloosa. .[/QUOTE]

blacklistedbully
11-19-2014, 08:41 PM
blah blah blah

Where was Bammer before they beat us? Outside the top 4 you say? okkkkkkkkkk

Why did the committee move them to from 5 to 1? Because the SEC is far and away the top conference. Auburn still beat K-St on the road, UPig still beat TT on the road, Ole Missus still beat Biose, Bammer still beat WV, LSU still beat Wisky....that cant be changed.

We win our last 2? We are in

Why did the committee move them to from 5 to 1?
1) Because #2 Oregon didn't play.
2) Because #3 FSU looked like shit again versus an unranked Miami, and probably should have lost for the umpteenth time this season.
3) Because #4 TCU looked like shit in a comeback win versus a terrible Kansas team.
4) Because while 1-3 were happening, Bama beat then #1, now #4 MSU.

All of these things combined to get Bama to #1.

Maroonthirteen
11-19-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm sure he is just trying to get attention but this garbage.....

http://https://twitter.com/claytravisbgid/status/535190895650676737

....the replies are encouraging though.

thunderclap
11-19-2014, 09:16 PM
We just have to whip some ass the next 2 games. If we do, we're in. If we don't, we're out. It's that simple.

tcdog70
11-19-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm with Coach, win the next two and we are in. If we do we will have more wins against top ten opponents the all the wannabes added together.

Quaoarsking
11-19-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm sure he is just trying to get attention but this garbage.....

http://https://twitter.com/claytravisbgid/status/535190895650676737

....the replies are encouraging though.

He just means they're the best teams in their conferences and there's no point in having a CCG to confirm that. He does not and has not all year thought that Ohio State is better than us or anywhere near a top 4 team.

hells bells
11-19-2014, 11:26 PM
It was impressive.

dawgs
11-20-2014, 02:10 AM
Paranoia, paranoia
Everybody's coming to get me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVOD5D4IArw

Yossarian
11-20-2014, 07:37 AM

Doesn't the media vote on that? Also #4 in the Coaches Poll and the BCS simulation.

BLITZII
11-20-2014, 10:21 AM
We can debate all day long and discuss whatever! Here is the simple truth - Win both games left on our schedule and we are in the playoffs.

Sorry...........I did not read before I posted or I would have just agreed with what Coach and a few others had already stated........We win and we are in.

whosyourdawgy
11-20-2014, 10:51 AM
If I have learned anything in my 44 years, it's that me and my MSU fandom have been disappointed more time than not. From getting screwed by the NCAA basketball committee, to being bumped from better bowl games by lesser SEC teams. I just think no matter what we do from here out, we will be bumped out of the 4 by either OSU or TCU/Baylor. OSU is who ESPN and everyone else seem to want there. If they win out we are toast period. I don't care if we win by 50 vs Vandy and 20 at Oxford. It will suck and be wrong but it will happen. Wisconsin has to beat them for that not to happen. Or somehow Oregon or FSU will have to lose. We may hang in there by the skin of our teeth w TCU or Baylor winning out but I'm still nt sold with that.

I hope I am wrong and if we do what we need to, we will hang on there. But...,