3. FSU - Fisher
4. MSU - Mullen
5. TCU - Patterson
6. OSU - Meyer
7. Baylor - Briles
8. UM - Freeze
9. UCLA - Mora
10. Georgia - Richt

I know we have all taken issue with things he has done but I think we all agree that Coach Mullen is doing a fantastic job for us. I was looking at the coaches of the current top 10 teams and I was even more impressed as I thought about where Coach Mullen has us.
Think about it. This is his 1st head coaching job and his 6th year ever of being a head coach. He was handed a train wreck. He coaches in the best division of the best conference in America and we are currently #4 in the country. He accomplished all this with his system that works hard to develop less rated players because he knew it would be hard for him to immediately attract the top rated players.
Compare all that with the rest of the coaches in the above list and I think Coach Mullen stands out from them.

SDDawg
11-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Doing a helluva job.

Bully041184
11-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Great post. He has driven us crazy at times but this year has made up for all the frustrating years.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-19-2014, 04:19 PM
1. Bama - Saban
2. Oregon - Helfrich
3. FSU - Fisher
4. MSU - Mullen
5. TCU - Patterson
6. OSU - Meyer
7. Baylor - Briles
8. UM - Freeze
9. UCLA - Mora
10. Georgia - Richt

I know we have all taken issue with things he has done but I think we all agree that Coach Mullen is doing a fantastic job for us. I was looking at the coaches of the current top 10 teams and I was even more impressed as I thought about where Coach Mullen has us.
Think about it. This is his 1st head coaching job and his 6th year ever of being a head coach. He was handed a train wreck. He coaches in the best division of the best conference in America and we are currently #4 in the country. He accomplished all this with his system that works hard to develop less rated players because he knew it would be hard for him to immediately attract the top rated players.
Compare all that with the rest of the coaches in the above list and I think Coach Mullen stands out from them.

I was just thinking about this the other day and was looking for the right words to say, but I think you nailed it. For us to be in the position that we are and for us to be competing with bama, who has ex-nfl coaches and top assistants, it's pretty damn impressive. I think the same line of thinking could apply to Dak as well. It's his first year as a full blown starter in the nation's toughest conference and I think he's handled it pretty damn well...

bulldawg28
11-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Great post. He has driven us crazy at times but this year has made up for all the frustrating years.

Mullen hasn't driven us crazy he's given State prominence.