PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dan and Dear Dak

West Houston Dog
11-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Guys, please these next two games
*PLEASE abandon the fade pass to Bear Wilson in the left side of the endzone. Dak has underthrown that 3 times this year for an interception...most painfully maybe the game losing play last Saturday
*PLEASE no wholesale "1b" substitution on defense. the other side knows that defense is not as good as ''1a" and can gamble more/go for the bomb. SPOT substitute instead. We CAN NOT afford to give up points and time of possession by the other side against this defense. The playoff committee is watching and not only do we HAVE to win the next two games, we need to play our best game
*PLEASE in the ole myth game, do not put our safeties in primary coverage against their best remaining wide received(Sanders?). I like our safeties, but they are not all SEC quality and the opposing best receiver should be covered by our best cornerback(Redmond?).
* Dak, your Heisman run was over as of Saturday, so please do NOT throw into double, triple coverage or over/under throw wide receivers in the endzone. Find the open man even if it is your rb or slot wr 5-8 yds downfield. Don't go for the big play if not there.
*Dan, play calling is on you! Substitution patterns are on you. You too " Must perform for 60 minutes".

Guys, we love you and glad you are Bulldogs and are behind you. These next two games will determine if, for the first time ever, we have a chance at a football national championship. I , for one, want another crack at bama on a neutral field( and with NO SEC refs hopefully). And maybe we will get extra lucky and Auburn knocks off bama in a week and a half so that we back into the SEC title game!

Go get it done guys.....

phatdog
11-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Since the bears only have mini running backs, maybe we can swap a 1 or 2 corners for our safeties to provide a little better pass defense.

justwin
11-19-2014, 03:26 PM
After rewatching the Bama game, it was obvious that Dak made several bad decisions in not "spreading the wealth" and getting the ball to his playmakers ~ JRob & Jameon. I just don't he trusted that those two could get big yardage on the outside. Dak should've abused the edges with those two earlier, but instead just kept pulling the ball and going up the congested middle. Once Dak started giving the ball to those two in the 2H, they were making big plays and none of those Bama LBs could stop JRob or Lewis.

I do think that was the worst game Dak's played which says a lot considering we almost won. He just really needs to focus on pitching and giving the ball up with the option plays as those are so crucial. It was something that Relf never quite mastered.

Most importantly, I do think he and Dan have confirmed that the major issue was Dak not getting the ball to his playmakers....Quote from Dak on Tuesday:

Q: When you watched the film of the Alabama game, what did you see from your play?
Prescott: There was some good and there was some bad. I got a little too excited to run in some cases and the running lanes really weren't there. I should've set up to make a pass rather than just keeping my feet underneath me and moving in the pocket. There are some things to clean up and easy things to fix.

For offense to really go, Dak should be a secondary runner & really needs to get back to being dangerous when scrambling when they only rush 4.

SDDawg
11-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Our safeties *ARE* SEC quality. They may not be the top of their position, but they belong in the league and on our team. In general you do not match up your safety 1:1 on your opponent's top receiver. That's just a bad scheme that we need to avoid, not something to complain about our guys over. Just my 2 cents...

Leroy Jenkins
11-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Dan and Dak may not be reading the board today. j/s.

Political Hack
11-19-2014, 06:35 PM
people say you can't attack the edges against Bama... it's ridiculous. It's the only place you can attack. We should've hit the corner 25+ times in the game. OM won because they were smart enough to know they could run it up the middle...