PDA

View Full Version : How important is the SECCG to us?

starkvegasdawg
11-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Would everybody here be content finishing the season 11-1 and missing the SECCG and taking our chances at staying top 4 or would you rather Alabama lose and us go play UGA in the SECCG? I know if we go to the SECCG and win then we are in the top 4 regardless. But if we go and lose then we are almost guaranteed to be out of the top 4 at 11-2.

I have to say these last couple of weeks UGA has looked much improved. I just might be content going 11-1 and not having to risk playing another game. Also one less game we have to worry about an injury to a key player.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Would everybody here be content finishing the season 11-1 and missing the SECCG and taking our chances at staying top 4 or would you rather Alabama lose and us go play UGA in the SECCG? I know if we go to the SECCG and win then we are in the top 4 regardless. But if we go and lose then we are almost guaranteed to be out of the top 4 at 11-2.

I have to say these last couple of weeks UGA has looked much improved. I just might be content going 11-1 and not having to risk playing another game. Also one less game we have to worry about an injury to a key player.

I would like to play in the SEC chanpionship but if Bama gets there I hope they lose to Georgia. Georgia is too far down in the polls and they are going to take a SEC school and we will be the only one with one L and that would be to Bama on the road.

Dawg61
11-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Or we could go 11-1 miss the SECCG and get left out. That'd be a nightmare. I'll take my chances with beating UGA. I am dying to see us in Atlanta again.

starkvegasdawg
11-19-2014, 02:35 PM
It's a roll of the dice to be sure to miss the SECCG. I think our resume would be good enough without it. Either way, it is nice to be able to talk about these senarios in November and to just not be dreaming and playing the what if game.

Regardless of how the rest of this season turns out it has been successful beyond my wildest dreams. 9 wins in a row, #1 ranking, in the mix for the national championship, virtually guaranteed 10 win regular season with an excellent shot at 11 wins, premiere bowl game. Compared to where most people expected us to finish this season we're already playing with house money. I'm now just enjoying watching them play. (I will hold this opinion until Saturday when my butthole will once again pucker up like a wet snare drum.)

SDDawg
11-19-2014, 03:01 PM
I'd feel better if I knew we were going to play in the SEC championship. Full control of our destiny if that happens.

Maroonthirteen
11-19-2014, 03:02 PM
I hate to say it but with our sloppy play last week. Plus the way uga has played as of late. I rather skip the SECCG. But if in the next two games, we don't throw terrible picks, minimize the penalties and get our special teams executing flawlessly.... I would change my mind.

Coach 57
11-19-2014, 03:55 PM
How about Bama wins out and goes to Atlanta. We win out and stay home. Georgia plays Bama and beats Bama. Then we will be the LONE SEC team in the CFP. What would the SEC world say THEN? Lol!

LC Dawg
11-19-2014, 04:37 PM
I want the SEC championship and national championship. You can call me Rebelish if you want but I want the damn banners.

Spider-Man
11-19-2014, 05:14 PM
I want to back door into the sec cg.

drunkernhelldawg
11-19-2014, 05:23 PM
I disagree that Bama is out if they lose the SECCG. It's well understood that this is an extra game, after the regular season. I don't think it will carry much, if any, weight. I'd love to see us in the game although I think that the chances of a loss there knocking us out are bigger than they'd be with Bama. Bottom line though is that I don't think we get picked over Bama if they get a second loss in that game. If we're in after the Egg Bowl, I think we're in. If not, a Bama loss in SECCG won't get us in. Besides that, the committee has been adamant that conferences aren't considered. They can't kill that horse at the very end.