PDA

View Full Version : Need to get through the Vandy game #4.

blacklistedbully
11-19-2014, 01:28 PM
If there is one thing that concerns me this week, it's whether we can stay in the Top 4 if TCU blows the doors off Texas this Saturday. If we make it to the Egg Bowl 4th or better, a win puts us in over TCU, unless we also win the SEC West, then lose the SECCG.

The only team below us with a chance to pass us this weekend is TCU, assuming we whip Vandy. Texas has been playing better of late, so I wonder if a TCU blowout @ Texas will be enough for the committee to bump them over us, regardless of what we do to Vandy.

Neither OSU or Baylor play an opponent that could warrant a move past us the next 2 weeks, assuming we win big vs Vandy & beat TSUN.

If we get through Saturday at #4, the thing to watch out for is if TSUN loses to UPig, making us possibly vulnerably later to Baylor, who will most likely be playing a higher-ranked KSU on 12/6. At that point, Baylor's win over K-State will be better than a win over a then lower-ranked TSUN.

Ohio State's only legit hope is to win out, then beat Wisconsin in the B10CG. If TSUN loses to UPig, then we could potentially be vulnerable here, as well.

Another note, with LSU & TAMU finishing their regular seasons against one another, we won't be able to benefit from much, if any of a SOS bump. One goes up, while the other goes down. Pull for LSU to beat TAMU. They at #30 now. ND plays Louisville, so one will drop, making it possible for LSU to move up at least one spot, hopefully enough to crack the T25 depending on other games. Better for our resume.

This week, pull for Iowa over Wisconsin.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2014, 01:41 PM
If there is one thing that concerns me this week, it's whether we can stay in the Top 4 if TCU blows the doors off Texas this Saturday. If we make it to the Egg Bowl 4th or better, a win puts us in over TCU, unless we also win the SEC West, then lose the SECCG.

The only team below us with a chance to pass us this weekend is TCU, assuming we whip Vandy. Texas has been playing better of late, so I wonder if a TCU blowout @ Texas will be enough for the committee to bump them over us, regardless of what we do to Vandy.

Neither OSU or Baylor play an opponent that could warrant a move past us the next 2 weeks, assuming we win big vs Vandy & beat TSUN.

If we get through Saturday at #4, the thing to watch out for is if TSUN loses to UPig, making us possibly vulnerably later to Baylor, who will most likely be playing a higher-ranked KSU on 12/6. At that point, Baylor's win over K-State will be better than a win over a then lower-ranked TSUN.

Ohio State's only legit hope is to win out, then beat Wisconsin in the B10CG. If TSUN loses to UPig, then we could potentially be vulnerable here, as well.

Another note, with LSU & TAMU finishing their regular seasons against one another, we won't be able to benefit from much, if any of a SOS bump. One goes up, while the other goes down. Pull for LSU to beat TAMU. They at #30 now. ND plays Louisville, so one will drop, making it possible for LSU to move up at least one spot, hopefully enough to crack the T25 depending on other games. Better for our resume.

I think Texas is the most improved team in the Big 12 over the season. Charlie Strong got them believing and they are not going to be a easy outting for any body and they play at home.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 01:45 PM
We need Kansas State to lose to West Virginia on Thursday night. That hurts both TCU and Baylor.

Our main competition is OSU IMO. That being said, I think someone will lose between Alabama, Oregon, FSU, and Ohio State. It happens every year. That would move us to #3, which is where we want to be. If we get to #3, we are in for sure if we win out.

Dawg61
11-19-2014, 01:46 PM
If Iowa beats Wisconsin they then hold the tiebreaker over Wisconsin and would go to the B1GCG correct? Maybe not but that puts 4 teams with 2 losses and it'd then be a tiebreaker. Wisconsin is our best chance to beat OSU. We need them to go to the B1GCG. Really need Auburn, Florida and Oregon State to pull an upset. Just one of the three will do.

fishwater99
11-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Our best bet is going to be for Wisky to beat OSU in the Big 10 CG...

We need to crush Vandy and beat the Bears and we should be in. Take care of business and it will all work out.

msstate7
11-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Texas plays tcu next thurs. The committee will have voted and won't vote again till after egg bowl

dawgs
11-19-2014, 02:54 PM
If Iowa beats Wisconsin they then hold the tiebreaker over Wisconsin and would go to the B1GCG correct? Maybe not but that puts 4 teams with 2 losses and it'd then be a tiebreaker. Wisconsin is our best chance to beat OSU. We need them to go to the B1GCG. Really need Auburn, Florida and Oregon State to pull an upset. Just one of the three will do.

Yeah I was thinking we want wisconsin to play tosu in the big 10 CG to beat them. If rather take my chances there than have tosu play a completely outclassed team and blow them out. I think wisconsin could pull off the W though. Tosu's Rush D isn't great and we've seen what gordon can do to teams that supposedly had decent rush Ds like Nebraska.

BulldogBear
11-19-2014, 03:45 PM
If TCU beating Texas is now a quality win, then wins over Auburn, @LSU, Arkansas, and even @Ole Miss (even if 8-4) dang well better be too. I don't think TCU is much of a threat unless this all a big freaking joke.

blacklistedbully
11-19-2014, 05:19 PM
We need Kansas State to lose to West Virginia on Thursday night. That hurts both TCU and Baylor.

Our main competition is OSU IMO. That being said, I think someone will lose between Alabama, Oregon, FSU, and Ohio State. It happens every year. That would move us to #3, which is where we want to be. If we get to #3, we are in for sure if we win out.

TCU beat WV. WV is currently #32. If they beat KSU, they could vault into the T25, giving TCU another T25 win, as KSU would likely still also be in.

Noxdog
11-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Thought it was the 27th?

BulldogBear
11-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Thought it was the 27th?
It's not on Thanksgiving this year. That was a one year deal. They moved us out of the way for.... the much bigger game between... wait for it....

LSU vs. Texas A&M

DudyDawg
11-20-2014, 09:12 AM
We need Kansas State to lose to West Virginia on Thursday night. That hurts both TCU and Baylor

I disagree. West Virginia losing eliminates Baylor from passing us IMO, bc of their weak ooc (like dead last) and the fact that they lost to wvu. If wvu gets in the top 25, that's not a bad loss. If they lose that game then Baylor has a loss as bad as osu