PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 List, Team by Team resume and games remaining....

Dawgowar
11-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Okay, try now -

Okay fellow ED’ers. Thanks to a sick day due to an “emergency” root canal yesterday I have broken out the Top 25 with current Top 25 Wins, Losses, and remaining games as well as for the SEC West outside the Top 25 and Kentucky.

My comments at the end, love to hear your own two cents.

http://s25.postimg.org/8ayvwcgcf/Page_1_TOP_25_20141118.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/91rm24ipr/Page_2_TOP_25_20141118.jpg

SEC WEST TEAMS OUTSIDE THE TOP 25

Texas A&M – 7-4 #14 Auburn #4 MSU LSU
#8 TSUN
#1 Bama
#20 Mizzou

LSU 7-4 #8 TSUN #MSU Texas A&M
#14 Auburn
#1 Bama
Arkansas

Arkansas 5-5 #14 Auburn #8 TSUN
Texas A&M #20 Mizzou
#1 Bama
#10 UGA
#4 MSU

SEC EAST TEAMS THAT CAN HELP

Kentucky 5-6 Too Many #24 Louisville

FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH:
South Alabama is Bowl Eligible, UAB and UT-Martin have a reasonable shot at reaching six wins.

Three teams ahead of us:
All have games they COULD lose. Frankly until Saban beats Malzahn, Gus should wear a nametag on his sweater that says “Daddy” and Saban one that says “Gus’s Bitch”. Bama losing isn’t going to hurt us obviously provided we win out. Auburn losing could cost us our current one Top 25 win.

Oregon could and has lost to OSU in the past, rivalry game, always tough. PAC 12 CG also a possibility. One thing Oregon has in its favor is the number of current Top 25 wins.

FSU – explain to me why LSU drops all the way out but Clemson holds on? Neither Louisville nor Clemson should even be ranked. Our SEC West mates did not help our cause or theirs by choking this weekend. FSU could drop a game before the final Top 4 is determined but like Rasputin, they won’t die.

Breathing down our necks:
TCU-Baylor, in Department of Defense vernacular, a ‘Self-Licking Ice Cream Cone’
TCU “We Beat Baylor who is number 7”
Baylor “We are Number 7 and only lost to TCU who is Number 5, KSU and Oklahoma!”
Thanks again LSU and A&M. We now need TSUN to beat Arkansas and maintain their ranking so they do not drop out of the Top 25 when we beat them.

Ohio State – win out and they are a conference champ with an extra game under their belt. That will pay the freight on their Va Tech loss. Shouldn’t but it will.

TSUN – while I would love to see them choke in Arkansas we need them in the top 10 when we play. Beat them like a drum and they will still be in the top 25.

Both LSU and Texas A&M are 7-4 with only each other to play. We need one of them to jump back into the Top 25 to bolster our record.

Kentucky has a shot for 6-6 but doubt it would get them ranked.

Captain Obvious says:

Need any and everybody ranked on the back end of the Top 25 from Big 10, PAC 12, and the ACC who can lose to do just that. My philosophy is to see other conference’s resumes diminish and SEC rankings to strengthen. Nothing original, just law of the jungle now. The strong survive and everyone else gets eaten on Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom.

Dawgowar
11-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Bump, fixed table

Dawg61
11-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks for doing this. We really need Auburn to beat Bama. We win the SECCG and there's no way possible we get left out.

msstate7
11-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Best shots at upsets outside sec:

Oregon in pac12 championship
Ohio st in big10 championship
Texas over tcu
Kansas st over Baylor

I don't like duke against Fsu in Acc championship. I think we should be pulling for UNC over duke tomorrow night so Georgia tech gets to acc championship. I think GT stands much better shot at Fsu

Also pull for Nebraska over Minnesota sat. Minnesota is being counted for top 25 win for tcu and Ohio st right now

LiterallyPolice
11-19-2014, 02:13 PM
I think we are all just assuming the the committee arbitrarily draws the line at "Top 25" when determining win/loss quality. We have to remember the committee is full of really smart people who are going to take everything into consideration.

For example, I highly doubt they would value a home victory against #25 more than a road victory against #26. Especially if #26 was, say, LSU.

msstate7
11-19-2014, 02:16 PM
I think we are all just assuming the the committee arbitrarily draws the line at "Top 25" when determining win/loss quality. We have to remember the committee is full of really smart people who are going to take everything into consideration.

For example, I highly doubt they would value a home victory against #25 more than a road victory against #26. Especially if #26 was, say, LSU.

You're most likely right, but Minnesota isn't a name like lsu. They finish with Nebraska and Wisconsin. If they lose both, no way Minnesota can be counted as a quality win at 7-5 esp since they've beaten no one

Political Hack
11-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Minnesota will lose one or both of their next two and be out of the top 25. Ohio State will finish with 2 top 25 wins and one terrible loss. We will finish with at least 2, probably 3, top 25 wins and our only loss to the #1 team in America. Big Ten is out.

TCU is our only concern, but if they, FSU, Oregon, or Bama lose and we win out we're a lock. If everyone wins out I still like our chances.

DLGDawg
11-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Outstanding stuff man.

[QUOTE=Dawgowar;291378]Okay, try now -

Okay fellow ED’ers. Thanks to a sick day due to an “emergency” root canal yesterday I have broken out the Top 25 with current Top 25 Wins, Losses, and remaining games as well as for the SEC West outside the Top 25 and Kentucky.

My comments at the end, love to hear your own two cents.