PDA

View Full Version : Chances Polk goes to Omaha to "support" his former player and school?

Coach34
06-12-2013, 11:42 PM
I give a cheeseburger a better chance of surviving in Rea and Holder's room

Pollodawg
06-13-2013, 12:03 AM
I would say less than 10, and that's really sad.

FlabLoser
06-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Luis, is that you? #HailState

Pollodawg
06-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Luis, is that you? #HailState

Nah, man. But I named my handle after him because he is one of my favorite State players across any sport. Sorry to disappoint. lol

FlabLoser
06-13-2013, 12:07 AM
I'll tell ya though...I can't piss on the loyalty of a guy who hand writes Christmas letters to hundreds of people every year.

Polk's crime was feeling bigger than the program. He was dedicated to a fault.

Homedawg
06-13-2013, 06:55 AM
I would say less than 10, and that's really sad.
Reverse the 2 numbers and add a couple of decimals and there you have the odds.... Unless, he is there to cheer against us ......

slickdawg
06-13-2013, 07:56 AM
There's a better chance of OPEC giving away oil for free than there is of Polk going to Omaha to support the program he built up over 20 years, and destroyed over 5.

Todd4State
06-13-2013, 08:43 AM
From what I have heard, Polk usually does go to Omaha. Will he support us? It's kind of hard to say. I think he supports the school itself, but he doesn't support Cohen. So, I guess that's a no. I've heard he likes Butch though, so I guess that's progress?

Todd4State
06-13-2013, 08:45 AM
There's a better chance of OPEC giving away oil for free than there is of Polk going to Omaha to support the program he built up over 20 years, and destroyed over 5.

I'd say Polk destroyed our program over seven years to be technical. It took us TEN YEARS total to recover- 7 of Polk plus Cohen's first 2 years and then we finally got back to a SR in 2011.

Homedawg
06-13-2013, 09:23 AM
From what I have heard, Polk usually does go to Omaha. Will he support us? It's kind of hard to say. I think he supports the school itself, but he doesn't support Cohen. So, I guess that's a no. I've heard he likes Butch though, so I guess that's progress?

This is all correct. Big butch fan. He might want us to win. But he doesn't want John to. Unfortunately, those two things can't both happen. Everyone thinks it was just a Greg Byrne deal exclusively, he has many issues with John. I admire John for leaving that alone and giving rp some credit On occasion even though it's got to be tough to do.

Todd4State
06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
This is all correct. Big butch fan. He might want us to win. But he doesn't want John to. Unfortunately, those two things can't both happen. Everyone thinks it was just a Greg Byrne deal exclusively, he has many issues with John. I admire John for leaving that alone and giving rp some credit On occasion even though it's got to be tough to do.

Cohen does and has always looked up to Polk. It has to really suck for Cohen for someone that you admire that much to be against you.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Cohen does and has always looked up to Polk. It has to really suck for Cohen for someone that you admire that much to be against you.

Cohen will get the last laugh whenever he wins the World Series and they rename the stadium Cohen-Dement. Hopefully Polk will still be alive to watch his name stripped from the stadium, something I feel should have already been done with the way he left.

Drugdog
06-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Spiral, I agree. When a Coach is coaching AGAINST the school that has his name on the stadium, a fresh coat of paint is needed to get his name removed. Totally classless by Polk.