PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for the onslaught of butthurt

Dawg61
11-19-2014, 02:10 AM
that will be pointed squarely at MSU from three fan bases and two leagues. TCU, Ohio State and Baylor are not MSU fans right now.

mstatefan91
11-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Yep. I have refused to watch/read any speculation on the "who's in" for the playoff for this very reason.

Dawg61
11-19-2014, 02:42 AM
Yep. I have refused to watch/read any speculation on the "who's in" for the playoff for this very reason.

If no team above us losses we're going to have to blowout both Vandy and Ole Miss to keep one of those three teams from leap-frogging us. I feel confident Wisconsin takes down Ohio State. If not though they are the whiniest fanbase of them all and might just get their way. TCU also scares me if they beat Texas. Baylor is three spots behind us and we should be safe from them even with a narrow win over Ole Miss. The other two are problems. Must must must blowout both Vandy and Ole Miss. An Auburn win would be oh so sweet after our Egg Bowl triumph. Please let this happen. State destroys Ole Miss followed by Auburn crushing Bama dreams. Getting excited for the 29th!!

msstate7
11-19-2014, 07:41 AM
I don't think tcu jumps us. Unless Baylor loses, tcu can't win big 12. So if you have a 1 loss sec team vs 1 loss big 12 and neither are conf champs, you've gotta go sec.

mic
11-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Only team that can jump us is OSU..
We trump a one loss TCU and Baylor..

Offshore Dawg
11-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Only team that can jump us is OSU..
We trump a one loss TCU and Baylor..

It is not the SEC's fault that those other conferences have more weak teams this year than normal.

BogeyGolfer
11-19-2014, 09:00 AM
that will be pointed squarely at MSU from three fan bases and two leagues. TCU, Ohio State and Baylor are not MSU fans right now.

I don't get the argument that LSU isn't the same team they were when we beat them?? We can pick a part everyone's schedule and simply discount all of the wins that occur in Sept.? That's bullshit also I've heard we've only beaten one top 25 team. Really? I can promise you that LSU, Auburn and maybe even AM can and would beat half the teams in the top 25 as we speak on a neutral field. If we win out, we are in.... Book it.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2014, 09:23 AM
I don't get the argument that LSU isn't the same team they were when we beat them?? We can pick a part everyone's schedule and simply discount all of the wins that occur in Sept.? That's bullshit also I've heard we've only beaten one top 25 team. Really? I can promise you that LSU, Auburn and maybe even AM can and would beat half the teams in the top 25 as we speak on a neutral field. If we win out, we are in.... Book it.

They have all said the SEC West is the toughest division. Obviously they were all going to beat up on each other. You got to ask yourself where would FSU, Oregon, TCU and Baylor would be if they played a SEC schedule. If they played our schedule they would all have at lest three L's.

msstate7
11-19-2014, 09:23 AM

If lsu isn't the same team, then Ohio st can't get credit for beating wisconsin. Lsu beat Wisconsin when lsu still sucked. Can't have it both ways

thunderclap
11-19-2014, 09:32 AM
The bottom line is no one can deny an 11-1 team from the SECW. Now just win.

Political Hack
11-19-2014, 09:37 AM

yep

Covercorner2
11-19-2014, 09:42 AM

Especially one whose only loss is to the #1 team in the country, on the road, by 5 points. Ohio State is the only team we have to worry about if we win out, but even still I don't think they will jump us....

C222
11-19-2014, 09:45 AM
IF we beat OM, that win will be better than any win Baylor or TCU will have the rest of the year. If we are ahead of them at this point, I see no possible way they jump us. I'm just worried about Ohio St jumping us if they win the Big 10. I don't think, in the first year of the CFP, the committee will leave out a conference champ in favor of a SEC team that didn't win their conference.

notsofarawaydawg
11-19-2014, 10:06 AM
IF we beat OM, that win will be better than any win Baylor or TCU will have the rest of the year. If we are ahead of them at this point, I see no possible way they jump us. I'm just worried about Ohio St jumping us if they win the Big 10. I don't think, in the first year of the CFP, the committee will leave out a conference champ in favor of a SEC team that didn't win their conference.

Ohio State butthurt via ESPN - click HERE (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/93972/ohio-state-deserves-to-be-in-top-four)

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 10:10 AM

A few things here:

1. I'm not sure the committee will want to do this because it sets a conference championship precedent that could effect Notre Dame or BYU in future years. Ohio State lost to Virginia Tech and gave up 35 points in that game, that's the most points Virginia Tech has scored all year.

2. The media will love Ohio State for two reasons: 1. They are a huge fan base, and writing an article about them get a ton of hits. 2. The media hates the playoff system and will complain about it to no end.

3. MSU fans are just going to have to have thick skin right now. We will be the blunt of criticism, not because of our resume, but because the media hates the playoff committee and we are in the 4th spot. We will be picked on, our wins marginalized, and our loss the Bama made to seem like we were completely blown off the field. However, at the end of the day, we have only lost a game at Alabama by 5 points, while Ohio State lost at home by 14 points and gave up 35 points to Virginia Tech. From 30,000 feet, we are obviously in the playoff.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Ohio State butthurt via ESPN - click HERE (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/93972/ohio-state-deserves-to-be-in-top-four)

Yeah, they lost at home to Virginia Tech by 14 points and gave up 35 points in that game, which is Virginia Tech's season high in points. Ohio State has no case at this point.

BLITZII
11-19-2014, 10:15 AM
I think that the media pumped and pumped OSU during the '06 & '07 years as the best team and then got skull drug in the BCS National Championship game. It is hard to keep being made a fool of...............just like Notre Dame. Damn, that was embarrassing!

SDDawg
11-19-2014, 10:16 AM
None of them have a leg to stand on, they all lost to inferior opponents compared to us. TCU had the best case but watching them against Kansas last weekend, oh brother. Whenever you see a football team with box scores that look like a basketball score, you know there's a problem.

Political Hack
11-19-2014, 10:21 AM
a little quick analysis for y'all...

The committee has said Baylor isn't close to TCU, which is why TCU remains ranked above Baylor. To me, that suggest that this thing is already down to 6 teams. Ohio State and TCU being the odd men out at 5 and 6...

Neither of which play a team as highly ranked as us for the rest of the season (OM at 8). We, according to the committee, have the best resume "right now" and assuming we win out will have the "best win" between now and the end of the season.

The only argument that can be made counter to that is "conference champs." However, the playoff, by design, is nt intended to be a conference championship playoff. It's a four team playoff. If it were designed to be a Conf champ playoff, every power five would have their team in and we'd be at an 8 game playoff. It's DESIGNED to leave conference champions out. Best for teams go. Win out and we're in.

DLGDawg
11-19-2014, 10:23 AM
I bet LSU fans are dizzy as all get out.
Lets see if we can keep this straight.
We beat them..they sucked!!
....rebels get beat by them, their great.
Barely get beat by bama and their still great.
NOW, get beat by a really good Ark team and now they suck again(really liked Mullen's quote about Ark, "Ask our team what Ark should be ranked").

If lsu isn't the same team, then Ohio st can't get credit for beating wisconsin. Lsu beat Wisconsin when lsu still sucked. Can't have it both ways

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 10:39 AM
a little quick analysis for y'all...

The committee has said Baylor isn't close to TCU, which is why TCU remains ranked above Baylor. To me, that suggest that this thing is already down to 6 teams. Ohio State and TCU being the odd men out at 5 and 6...

Neither of which play a team as highly ranked as us for the rest of the season (OM at 8). We, according to the committee, have the best resume "right now" and assuming we win out will have the "best win" between now and the end of the season.

The only argument that can be made counter to that is "conference champs." However, the playoff, by design, is nt intended to be a conference championship playoff. It's a four team playoff. If it were designed to be a Conf champ playoff, every power five would have their team in and we'd be at an 8 game playoff. It's DESIGNED to leave conference champions out. Best for teams go. Win out and we're in.

Exactly, you get it Hack.

If they wanted it to be a conference championship playoff, then they would have called it that. But, they can't because of Notre Dame and BYU. They can't set the conference championship precedent in the first year. They will pick the best 4 teams.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 10:39 AM
I bet LSU fans are dizzy as all get out.
Lets see if we can keep this straight.
We beat them..they sucked!!
....rebels get beat by them, their great.
Barely get beat by bama and their still great.
NOW, get beat by a really good Ark team and now they suck again(really liked Mullen's quote about Ark, "Ask our team what Ark should be ranked").

I've been saying this all year, LSU is the same team. It's just about how you match up with them.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-19-2014, 11:46 AM
We all know that CFB is a money machine, but I'm curious if the committee's votes are influenced by monetary issues like the size of the fan base for a school. For instance, if it came down to us v OSU for the #4 spot and a game in the Rose Bowl, would the committee think about selecting OSU because they have more of a national following and possibly would bring more fans to the game?

Political Hack
11-19-2014, 11:57 AM
We all know that CFB is a money machine, but I'm curious if the committee's votes are influenced by monetary issues like the size of the fan base for a school. For instance, if it came down to us v OSU for the #4 spot and a game in the Rose Bowl, would the committee think about selecting OSU because they have more of a national following and possibly would bring more fans to the game?

the number four team will play in the sugar unless Oregon ends up at 1.

Dawg61
11-19-2014, 12:01 PM

Committee will protect both 1 and 2 from playing in a road environment. As of right now we'd play Bama in Pasadena and FSU and Oregon would play in the Sugar.

blacklistedbully
11-19-2014, 12:01 PM
If no team above us losses we're going to have to blowout both Vandy and Ole Miss to keep one of those three teams from leap-frogging us. I feel confident Wisconsin takes down Ohio State. If not though they are the whiniest fanbase of them all and might just get their way. TCU also scares me if they beat Texas. Baylor is three spots behind us and we should be safe from them even with a narrow win over Ole Miss. The other two are problems. Must must must blowout both Vandy and Ole Miss. An Auburn win would be oh so sweet after our Egg Bowl triumph. Please let this happen. State destroys Ole Miss followed by Auburn crushing Bama dreams. Getting excited for the 29th!!

If Ole Miss beats Arky (I don't think they will), we will not need to blow out TSUN, they will be a Top 8 team, thus any win will do, assuming we do blow out Vandy. But yes, I do agree we need to kick Vandy's ass, and badly.

If UPig beats TSUN, then margin of victory in Oxford may matter.

Maroonthirteen
11-19-2014, 12:27 PM
I think.....hell yes, the comittee will give a long hard look at Ohio State for that 4th spot for that very reason.....fans and money. Yesterday, i didn't think it mattered who won between OM/Ark. I think it matters greatly now that we beat a top 10 OM. Which we all know the history of this rivalry, it will be a tough quality win regardless of what they do this weekend. Unfortunately, the rest of the country doesn't know that.

I just hoping Wisconsin can jump up and beat OSU.

msstate7
11-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I think.....hell yes, the comittee will give a long hard look at Ohio State for that 4th spot for that very reason.....fans and money. Yesterday, i didn't think it mattered who won between OM/Ark. I think it matters greatly now that we beat a top 10 OM. Which we all know the history of this rivalry, it will be a tough quality win regardless of what they do this weekend. Unfortunately, the rest of the country doesn't know that.

I just hoping Wisconsin can jump up and beat OSU.

As far as money goes, I don't think you could top state-bama in sugar

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Committee will protect both 1 and 2 from playing in a road environment. As of right now we'd play Bama in Pasadena and FSU and Oregon would play in the Sugar.

No, you have it backwards. As of right now we play Bama in the Sugar and Oregon would play FSU in the Rose. People keep wondering why the committee keeps ranking Oregon over FSU, and it's because, unless you are going to rank FSU #1, you have to rank FSU 3 or less so that, when they play Oregon in the Rose Bowl, Oregon is the higher ranked team.

Dawg61
11-19-2014, 12:57 PM
No, you have it backwards. As of right now we play Bama in the Sugar and Oregon would play FSU in the Rose. People keep wondering why the committee keeps ranking Oregon over FSU, and it's because, unless you are going to rank FSU #1, you have to rank FSU 3 or less so that, when they play Oregon in the Rose Bowl, Oregon is the higher ranked team.

Correct sorry I had FSU as #2. The committee would then protect Bama and Oregon.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-19-2014, 02:15 PM

I gotcha, thanks... but to the main question, will monetary impacts sway the committee's decision on who they pick?

dawgpound
11-19-2014, 03:29 PM
We are definitely not the media darlings or very well respected by most of the country outside the SEC

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 03:46 PM
We are definitely not the media darlings or very well respected by most of the country outside the SEC
I think we are very well respected. I've yet to really hear anyone say that they don't think we are one of the best 4 teams. Their main argument is for conference champs and against two teams from the same conference. We just so happen to be in the argumentative spot.