PDA

View Full Version : Sec basketball

msstate7
11-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Kentucky will most likely run the table. Other than them, we can play with the rest.

BeardoMSU
11-18-2014, 11:31 PM
I expect us to be better this year too, but that's getting a little ahead of ourselves, man.

msstate7
11-18-2014, 11:38 PM
I didn't say we'd beat the rest. I said we can play with them. I'm certainly not calling 2nd place behind kentucky. I do feel we won't be completely overmatched except by maybe Florida and certainly kentucky

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Is this Kentucky team good for college basketball?

Why are McDonalds All-Americans signing up to play half a game?

How does that make them better? Does lack of competition make you better as a player?

msstate7
11-18-2014, 11:41 PM

How does that make them better? Does lack of competition make you better as a player?

I just don't see how Kentucky gets that stockpile of talent.

BeardoMSU
11-19-2014, 12:30 AM

Their talent will shine through regardless of how they fill the stat sheets. Perfect example was Uni-brow a couple years ago. I think he averaged a pedestrian 11 points per game, now he's looking like the reincarnation of Hakeem Olajuwon.

engie
11-19-2014, 12:55 AM
Agreed...

We "competed with" them well for the most part early last year. For a half/as long as we could keep Ware on the floor anyway. About 5-6 games through the conference schedule, teams figured out how to attack and defend us, and we were in trouble. It's not going to be that easy for them this year...

Dog316
11-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Kentucky will most likely run the table. Other than them, we can play with the rest.

_______

Are we now judging success as being able to "play with the rest"? My how the mighty have fallen.

Political Hack
11-19-2014, 09:50 AM
the SEC is terrible this year. Be lucky to get 4 teams in the tournament.

Coach34
11-19-2014, 09:52 AM
I think it's a by-product of the mid-majors getting better. TV money in basketball is trickling down to them and allowing them to upgrade their basketball programs. There is certainly more parity than it's ever had. I actually think the SEC is getting a little better after a good 5-7 year lull top to bottom

msstate7
11-19-2014, 10:01 AM
_______

Are we now judging success as being able to "play with the rest"? My how the mighty have fallen.
In stansbury's 14 years, we finished better than 9-7 in the sec 4 times. The last time being in '07. I think Ray will be around 500 this year.

Im not knocking stansbury, but he had clearly fallen off and lost control of our program

Coach34
11-19-2014, 10:10 AM
And the SEC West in basketball = SEC East in football

Miss. Stake
11-19-2014, 10:18 AM
They're playing 5 on 5 in practice everyday against potential future NBA players. It doesn't matter how much they play in actual games. These guys playing 5 on 5 in practice is better competition than probably 90% of the teams they will play this year if not more plus they are getting decent minutes in real game situations.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2014, 10:27 AM
UK had their 6th man drafted in the 1st round a few years ago. Although I don't know how a McDonald's all American agrees to go sit on the bench. College basketball more than any other sport has people from all types of schools go in the 1st round.

BeardoMSU
11-19-2014, 10:56 AM
And the SEC West in basketball = Conference USA in football

FIFY