PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Thought....

BeastMan
11-18-2014, 10:06 PM
After what I think happens this weekend (MSU beats Vandy and OM loses at Arky), I'm curious if I will hear both the "we have a lot to play for b/c we can screw up their season" and "we will play out of love and not hate" out of Freeze, staff, and players. Not that I care but those messages will kind of be at odds with each other. Again, I wouldn't care if Freeze said he wanted to ruin MSU's season and frankly the honesty would be refreshing. I'm just noting that it doesn't mach up with "not playing out of hate" b/c when all you have to play for is screwing up you rivals post-season hopes, that's playing out of dislike plain.

http://i.imgur.com/uezWDa3.gif

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/Deal-With-It_o_112683.gif

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2014, 10:15 PM
yes, it could be an interesting situation. That being said, they spin everything and would just do the same under these circumstances.

Personally, I hope Ark and Ole Miss play the sloppiest, worse, most unwatchable game in NCAA history, and go to 12 overtimes with the score being 0-0. But I hope Ole Miss wins. It helps MSU and keeps Ole Miss ranked higher than Wisconsin, going into the Big 10 Championship

CJDAWG85
11-19-2014, 02:08 AM
80% chance of rain in Fayetteville

Ark playing for a bowl

OM lack of run game

Ark power run game

Sets up well for Arky. Arky is going to run it down their throats just like LSU.

Bubb Rubb
11-19-2014, 09:03 AM
After what I think happens this weekend (MSU beats Vandy and OM loses at Arky), I'm curious if I will hear both the "we have a lot to play for b/c we can screw up their season" and "we will play out of love and not hate" out of Freeze, staff, and players. Not that I care but those messages will kind of be at odds with each other. Again, I wouldn't care if Freeze said he wanted to ruin MSU's season and frankly the honesty would be refreshing. I'm just noting that it doesn't mach up with "not playing out of hate" b/c when all you have to play for is screwing up you rivals post-season hopes, that's playing out of dislike plain.

http://i.imgur.com/uezWDa3.gif

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/Deal-With-It_o_112683.gif

I don't think you'll hear the staff talking about wanting to ruin a season. Most of that kind of talk will be coming from the retards on nafoom, the spirit, etc.

TrapGame
11-19-2014, 09:17 AM
But, they hate us out of love for one another.

dawgpound
11-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Everything is set up for Arkansas to win that game and if they do, TSUN won't have much to play for in the Battle for the Golden Egg and will no doubt be flat in that game. I know people say we should root for TSUN to beat Arkansas to boost our resume if we beat them but I want them to lose and be flat for the Egg Bowl.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Everything is set up for Arkansas to win that game and if they do, TSUN won't have much to play for in the Battle for the Golden Egg and will no doubt be flat in that game. I know people say we should root for TSUN to beat Arkansas to boost our resume if we beat them but I want them to lose and be flat for the Egg Bowl.

I think we beat them regardless, so I want them ranked as high as possible. I love MSU more than I hate Ole Miss.

The good news for us is that Jeff Long is the chairman of the playoff committee. He knows how good Arkansas is and that should help us.

Bully041184
11-19-2014, 11:01 AM

I talked to a co worker who's a TSUN fan, and they are big time deflated from the AU loss and still haven't gotten over it. He particularly said it's very hard to get into football right now but is thinks they have a slim chance to still be in the conversation. I think an Arky loss will definitely deflate them to rock bottom. Now, how that equates to what shows up during the EB , I really have no idea.

I agree with the idea we need them to win against ARK to stay highly ranked, but I also agree with them losing to ARK and going on the suicide watch list. I think either way they will be motivated to take us out in the EG, but ARK scenario can be perceived as a benefit for us.

SDDawg
11-19-2014, 11:17 AM
There is no conversation that OM is in, they're done. Unless Ohio State, TCU and Baylor all lose they're done. It's over, so of course they're going to play out of HATE. Just like they do every year, no different this time. They finish behind us in the West again and it kills them....