PDA

View Full Version : Query, if I may. RE: Hugh Freeze...

TUSK
11-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Why would the MSU fan:

A) Want Hugh to leave OM?
B) Want Hugh to stay @ OM?

CadaverDawg
11-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Why would the MSU fan:

A) because it would hurt OM recruiting while we are at a high point..thus widening the gap we have created over them.
B) because we own him, and his gimmick offense has been figured out. He has probably reached his peak, and I don't see it going any other way but down...especially with no Wallace next year, and his starz leaving after next season.

AlmostPositive
11-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Because Freeze leaving it would be the funniest thing that could happen this season other than Alabama losing the SECG and staying home while we go and win it all.

Political Hack
11-18-2014, 09:17 PM
who cares? Mullen wins 80% of the time against them regardless of who their coach is.

Homedawg
11-18-2014, 09:18 PM
A) because it would hurt OM recruiting while we are at a high point..thus widening the gap we have created over them.
B) because we own him, and his gimmick offense has been figured out. He has probably reached his peak, and I don't see it going any other way but down...especially with no Wallace next year, and his starz leaving after next season.

As much as I dislike him as the next guy, he's one and one against us. How do we own him? Mullen 4 out of 5 is a start. But better win a few in a row against high before owning starts being thrown around.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2014, 09:21 PM
As much as I dislike him as the next guy, he's one and one against us. How do we own him? Mullen 4 out of 5 is a start. But better win a few in a row against high before owning starts being thrown around.

Dude, I was just taking a shot at Freeze. Not that serious. It's a pretty dumb thread IMO.

TUSK
11-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Because Freeze leaving it would be the funniest thing that could happen this season other than Alabama losing the SECG and staying home while we go and win it all.

#...

Coach34
11-18-2014, 09:36 PM
I think Freezus is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.....but:

I would like to see him bolt simply to laugh at all the Ole Missus idiots that have constantly spewed Mullen was going to leave Starkville first chance he got. The irony would be delicious. Like a mixture of Alaskan King Crab and homemade butter cake delicious

TUSK
11-18-2014, 09:58 PM

I would like to see him bolt simply to laugh at all the Ole Missus idiots that have constantly spewed Mullen was going to leave Starkville first chance he got. The irony would be delicious. Like a mixture of Alaskan King Crab and homemade butter cake delicious

this was what I expected... you'd bath in Rebel tears given the chance, wouldn't ya? LOL

DownwardDawg
11-18-2014, 09:59 PM

This is the reason why I want him to leave. Other than that, I agree with Cadaver. His "stars" are almost gone. They will suck again next year

Bubb Rubb
11-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Why would the MSU fan:

A) For the high comedy that would ensue. For the whole "dream job" comments that Freeze made. For the "win the day" irony that would come out of it.

B) Because he has set himself up for failure with his holier-than-thou act. He's going to get that program in trouble and have his "Jimmy Swaggart moment." Beside that, he's a one trick pony, and I think Mullen is gonna own his ass in time.

Either way, I feel like we win.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-19-2014, 12:18 AM
maybe he will take his cousins with him that have been keeping my bottom flooded.

Johnson85
11-19-2014, 09:03 AM
Why would the MSU fan:

As others have said, mainly b/c it would be hilarious to see another coach leave outside of a pine box. It would also give us a chance to pick up some recruits and transition is always dangerous for a school although it also presents an opportunity. If you were to give Freeze the benefit of the doubt, his career looks a lot like Mullen's. He showed immediate improvement and is held back by the lack of OL. A lot if not majority of his success is attributable to the side of the ball he is not responsible for. Maybe in a couple more years he has built up depth and we find out he can coach on offense if he has the players. If you believe all that, then it would be good for him to leave now.

He's a relatively known commodity. He's a good coach, but most of his success so far is due to the side of the ball he isn't responsible for. He doesn't appear to have a backup QB in place after 3 years and it doesn't appear that he's building his O-Line. It's possible he is a Mullen and will make some big steps in the next coupld of years, but since most of Mullen's problem was being a yankee that wanted to recruit relatively cleanly, it's not so clear that Bucky has the same low hanging fruit for improvement. With SEC money, they can go get a legitimate coach, and that coach will step into a pretty solid roster and so should be able to create some early momentum.

Overall, I'm indifferent. I'd laugh like hell if he left but I think he may be taking too many character risks for recruiting stars, which could cause more damage in the long run.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Since Mississippi is the largest timber producing state East of the Mississippi I don't think Freeze is really in a hury to leave.

DawgHouseUnited
11-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Maybe in a couple more years he has built up depth and we find out he can coach on offense if he has the players.

He's a relatively known commodity. He's a good coach, but most of his success so far is due to the side of the ball he isn't responsible for. He doesn't appear to have a backup QB in place after 3 years and it doesn't appear that he's building his O-Line.

I honestly can't think of any, but has there been any proof in 3 years of Freeze developing players? Guys that come in as 2* or 3* and leave as 4* or 5* NFL type talent?

Johnson85
11-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I honestly can't think of any, but has there been any proof in 3 years of Freeze developing players? Guys that come in as 2* or 3* and leave as 4* or 5* NFL type talent?

He is probably maximizing Bo's talent. Weak arm and a ten cent head and he still is pretty effective in their system in the games where he doesn't put them out of it. Was Sanders highly rated? Core (I think that's his name?)? Older Nkemdichee? I'm assuming their defense has some lower rated players. I think Prewitt, Conners, Younger Nkemdichee, Gross, and CJ were all highly rated. What about the others?

GTHOM
11-19-2014, 12:43 PM
I hope we kick their ass then he leaves in the middle of the night like tuberville did. best. day. ever.