PDA

View Full Version : '15 basketball recruiting

msstate7
11-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Are we actively recruiting him nych smith?

Anybody besides Malik?

engie
11-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Smith is a Newman backup plan.

Still recruiting Shawntrez Davis as well. Seems he's leaning to us, depending on how far Ray is willing to "make the numbers work out"...

msstate7
11-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Smith is a Newman backup plan.

Still recruiting Shawntrez Davis as well. Seems he's leaning to us, depending on how far Ray is willing to "make the numbers work out"...

Just looked Davis up. He'd be an impressive get.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2014, 08:57 PM
My uncle coaches at a high school with a kid that Calipari is recruiting. Kid is a Sophomore and apparently is going to be a stud. My uncle said that Rick Ray has recruited the kid harder than anyone to this point....and that Ray had been to visit he and my Uncle (the coach), and the kid's family (I think). Ray is working hard. And by the way, that school is not in the bordering states to MS, so Ray seems to be expanding his zone and recruiting hard.

engie
11-18-2014, 09:03 PM
We're seeing with time that Ray has built a pretty damn impressive pipeline into Georgia, which pretty clearly started with his time at Clemson. I still have an article saved talking about how he was by far their best recruiter. An article that was met with extreme resistance initially -- but starting to look quite different...

Recruiting sure seems to be getting back to what we expected under Stans -- a couple of borderline bluechips from OOS -- everyone we want in MS...

messageboardsuperhero
11-18-2014, 10:11 PM
We're seeing with time that Ray has built a pretty damn impressive pipeline into Georgia, which pretty clearly started with his time at Clemson. I still have an article saved talking about how he was by far their best recruiter. An article that was met with extreme resistance initially -- but starting to look quite different...

Recruiting sure seems to be getting back to what we expected under Stans -- a couple of borderline bluechips from OOS -- everyone we want in MS...

Could you post that article? I'd like to read it.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2014, 10:19 PM
We're not recruiting Shawntrez Davis. I don't know why those CB are coming in but he's not on the board.

msstate7
11-18-2014, 10:23 PM
We're not recruiting Shawntrez Davis. I don't know why those CB are coming in but he's not on the board.

Are we recruiting only Malik?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Are we recruiting only Malik?

From everything I've heard its Malik or bust for the 2015 class because we don't have an open scholly but we'll make 1 available for Malik.

dawgpound
11-19-2014, 10:47 AM
I heard a rumor at a high school basketball game the other day that Malik is going to Ole Miss..... there isnt any truth to that is there?