PDA

View Full Version : Vandy is now one of the biggest games in MSU history......

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2014, 08:06 PM
And it's not sold out yet. Get a ticket and get there. When it sells out get there anyway. Watch it from the Junction. Students and everyonelse, don't leave no matter how big we get up. We have to win this and win it big. We need to make the atmosphere like it was for A&M and Auburn. Come on folks, let's do this!

CadaverDawg
11-18-2014, 08:08 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130112181332/glee/images/b/b2/Yes%2Bsir%2BD%2Bthis%2Bgif%2Bwas%2Bgolden%2B_483d2 e3ead21878f296690ac04d468c4.jpg

Dawgcentral
11-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Not to mention it's Senior Night. These guys deserve a good send off.

corona con lima
11-18-2014, 08:13 PM
+1000

Be there!

msstate7
11-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Practically giving tix away. You can get football and basketball ticket for $35. Get there for both saturday

DownwardDawg
11-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Very true! I just hope Mullen understands it too. We need to win by 30 if we can. We cannot let up.

State82
11-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Very true! I just hope Mullen understands it too. We need to win by 30 if we can. We cannot let up.

Yep. Squeak by Vandy and we will be done. This has to be treated as do or die. The committee admitted as such with the TCU squeaker over Kansas. We must be impressive and overpowering in victory.

dickiedawg
11-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Not looking good for tickets to sell out.

TUSK
11-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Wait... yall just came off a 5 week run at #1 in the country....

had ticket returns for a game at Alabama...

and still haven't sold out a home SEC game that gives yall a chance to play for the NC????

c'mon, man!

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2014, 09:09 PM
You are getting almost as obnoxious as A UM fan.

corona con lima
11-18-2014, 09:16 PM
I hate to admit it but Tusk is right. I'm embarrassed by our fans. It's pathetic that we have not sold out already.

TUSK
11-18-2014, 09:32 PM

dude, I didn't say that to be "obnoxious"... that's easy...

I'd just think if a program that hasn't had a great deal of success, suddenly did, there would be a surge of excitement, is all...

jeesh... sorry I offended.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2014, 09:41 PM

I'd just think if a program that hasn't had a great deal of success, suddenly did, there would be a surge of excitement, is all...

Dude, your team just knocked us from the SEC Championship game. Sorry if we don't go all high school girl over a matchup vs a shitty Vanderbilt team. It's not realistic to think that we would, and it's not realistic to think that wouldn't offend some people on here. Do you guys pack the house and have a Championship atmosphere for Georgia Southern? Just because we don't have Bama history, doesn't mean we don't live in reality

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2014, 09:55 PM

Quit while you are behind. That one was even worse. It's Vandy, they aren't bringing anyone to speak of. That's about 5k tickets we don't normally have to sell. A lot of them were on short notice. From what I can see we have left about what we usually have left this time of week, if it weren't for the returned tickets.

monroedawg5646
11-18-2014, 10:03 PM
With a football history like Mississippi State's we don't have a huge fan base. We don't have the winning history like a Bama to have the huge masses of bandwagoners to help fill our stadium. He'll the other day a saw a car with an Alaska tag that had an Alabama A sticker and an RTR sticker.

LC Dawg
11-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Honestly, I will be disappointed if we don't sell out. I may skip our game and make the short drive over to Tuscaloosa for the Western Carolina game and see how the good programs get up for every game.***

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Yep! If just half the assholes Mississippians that are Bama fans were State (and actual bought a ticket), we would sell out tomorrow.

Also, its deer season....

TUSK
11-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Dude, your team just knocked us from the SEC Championship game. Sorry if we don't go all high school girl over a matchup vs a shitty Vanderbilt team. It's not realistic to think that we would, and it's not realistic to think that wouldn't offend some people on here. Do you guys pack the house and have a Championship atmosphere for Georgia Southern? Just because we don't have Bama history, doesn't mean we don't live in reality

yes... ~102K.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2014, 11:02 PM
yes... ~102K.

Horse shit. "Championship atmosphere".

Now is not the time for your Bama "we know what being at the top is all about" BS. Nobody wants to hear that shit. If you can't understand why, I can't help you. Take it elsewhere

TUSK
11-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Roger that. I simply answered your interrogative.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313230333

I didn't mean to start a "we're better than you" exchange.

I bailed out of ED (per your suggestion) prior to the Bammer/MSU game, and have not addressed Bama v MSU much since.

I'll stay away for a while (save threads RE bammer).

LC Dawg
11-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Horse shit. "Championship atmosphere".

Now is not the time for your Bama "we know what being at the top is all about" BS. Nobody wants to hear that shit. If you can't understand why, I can't help you. Take it elsewhere

Thank you. The big brother shit is getting old.

LADawg
11-18-2014, 11:19 PM

and still haven't sold out a home SEC game that gives yall a chance to play for the NC????

c'mon, man!

Tusk, I'm curious about the "had ticket returns for a game at Alabama" part? I am a season ticket holder for 10+ years and couldn't get tickets through our office. I paid $150 per to get there through a friend.

DancingRabbit
11-18-2014, 11:20 PM

He's always been a passive aggressive douche. Or just straight up douche.

TUSK
11-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Tusk, I'm curious about the "had ticket returns for a game at Alabama" part? I am a season ticket holder for 10+ years and couldn't get tickets through our office. I paid $150 per to get there through a friend.

Tide Pride members get priority notice on "returns"... in fairness to you guys, we got it early this year,,,

I'll dig it up, if I can.

If you don't mind me asking, where were your seats?

mstatefan91
11-18-2014, 11:58 PM
Tide Pride members get priority notice on "returns"... in fairness to you guys, we got it early this year,,,

I'll dig it up, if I can.

If you don't mind me asking, where were your seats?

Most seats I saw for 150 were in NN.

Todd4State
11-19-2014, 12:19 AM
Yep! If just half the assholes Mississippians that are Bama fans were State (and actual bought a ticket), we would sell out tomorrow.

Also, its deer season....

You nailed it.

Thing is, it's a night game. I don't see why people couldn't hunt in the AM and then come to the game later.

It's an annual tradition to sit in the deer stand and listen to the game on the radio.

yakalot
11-19-2014, 03:42 AM

c'mon, man!

We haven't quite got the hang of attracting the Walmart crowd, yet. Maybe you can give us some pointers, since that is your biggest constituency.

While we're at it, we need some pointers on getting Dan tattooed on our backs, I'm sure at least half of your 102,000 have first hand experience with the Bear and Sabear.

sbcmortgageman
11-19-2014, 05:41 AM

c'mon, man!

Dude go troll your own fanbase. Not ours. Y'all have like 500 message boards and you live on an MSU one?

Dog316
11-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Not looking good for tickets to sell out.

---------
It will take a little time for demand to match the increased seating capacity. Especially when the visiting team shows up sans fans.

Sienfield
11-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Some folks may be saving their money to go watch State play in the SEC championship game.

DawgHouseUnited
11-19-2014, 11:14 AM
You nailed it.

Thing is, it's a night game. I don't see why people couldn't hunt in the AM and then come to the game later.

It's an annual tradition to sit in the deer stand and listen to the game on the radio.

'Twas a good one when Jack was calling the games.

LADawg
11-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Twenty yard line upper deck. I checked in September and our tickets were gone according to our site. A & M returned their tickets for our game on the Monday before the game. Why would State have to return their Bama allotment so early?

Aces High
11-19-2014, 11:21 AM
I cannot fathom a fan choosing to spend a morning in a deer stand over a football game. It absolutely blows my mind.

GTHOM
11-19-2014, 12:24 PM
I love hunting been doing it all my life but there is no way im not gonna be in the junction and in DWS for the last home game of the year. i dont care if there was a monster sitting underneath my stand

drunkernhelldawg
11-19-2014, 01:11 PM
I'd be more surprised if we did sell it out. Traditionally, we have low attendance for the last home game before the EB, no matter who it is. Our fans have lives beyond football, and right now many are focused on gun season and Thanksgiving holidays. This game is not expected to be competitive. We also have 6k more seats than we did last season. I'm not sure when the MSU TG holiday starts, but if it starts Friday, a lot of students will be home with mama by Friday evening.

I admire the fans who attend an event out of loyalty alone. I'd never be one of them, but I appreciate their effort.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2014, 01:48 PM
MSU Has classes through Tuesday. My son has a Chemistry test next week.

BulldogBear
11-19-2014, 01:52 PM

c'mon, man!

Seriously doubt that. I would have been at that game if I could've gotten one. MSU Ticket office said they were sold out.

hells bells
11-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Pack the house, kick there ass by 45 points, move on to TSUN.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2014, 01:59 PM

I don't think Alabama has sold out this weekend either.

Vandownbytheriver
11-19-2014, 02:14 PM
While his approach might've been wrong, Tusk is correct here. We don't have the tradition the others schools have in football. We need to sell the place out. If we can't sell out a home SEC game, they will use it as a way to say we can't sell our allotment of CFB Playoff tickets. It's all about making as much money as possible like it always has been. Sell the game out, beat the hell outta Vandy and be there until the final whistle. The deer will still be in the woods Sunday morning.

DawgHouseUnited
11-19-2014, 02:36 PM
If we can't sell out a home SEC game, they will use it as a way to say we can't sell our allotment of CFB Playoff tickets. It's all about making as much money as possible like it always has been.

I doubt that they will use that as an argument for the playoffs. Maybe a non-playoff bowl committee might consider it, but I don't think the playoffs will consider attendance #'s.

/Icouldbewrongthough

drunkernhelldawg
11-19-2014, 03:21 PM
I doubt that they will use that as an argument for the playoffs. Maybe a non-playoff bowl committee might consider it, but I don't think the playoffs will consider attendance #'s.

/Icouldbewrongthough

I don't see what all the hand wringing is about. No way in hell this game sells out. Everybody knew that way before the season started, and it's still true.

Dawgcentral
11-20-2014, 07:53 PM
I need to put a day in on the job but I'm going to be there.

Killing a deer is really a lousy excuse. Most folks I know can take a deer anytime they can spend a few hours in the woods. Hell, take three in a week.

It's Senior Night. Our guys work their asses off. Players and staff.,,,Year round. Go ring your freaking' cowbell for the last home game.