PDA

View Full Version : "The time is ripe to cheat. There's no policing going on."

bluelightstar
06-12-2013, 08:48 PM
No policing going on, except in Starkville. By our own compliance staff. While the rest of the conference hires former NCAA officials to run their compliance departments...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/miami-ncaa/#ixzz2W2EimVEY

FlabLoser
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Do we need to start a petition to replace Bracky Brett? What the hell is it going to take?

maroonmania
06-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Do we need to start a petition to replace Bracky Brett? What the hell is it going to take?

Apparently with our administration its going to take Bracky retiring to get rid of him. I guess they like being at a disadvantage in recruiting. And apparently Mullen is OK with him as well OR he would be gone. Dan gets most of what he wants and if he really wanted a change we would likely make one.

But yes, we are the first school I've seen in quite a while actually get in trouble over recruiting violations dealing with getting a HS player to sign. All the other cases over the last number of years have been about current players getting money somehow. And the ONLY reason we got in trouble is because we are knieve and stupid enough to do the NCAA's investigative job for them and then bend over when they tell us to.

hometowndawg
06-13-2013, 01:59 PM
If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

The Croom Diaries
06-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Bracky must have some dirt on Stricklin or something. He can't be that stupid to keep him around. Maybe it's just what he has to say, but openly praising how well the compliance department handled the "investigation" does not give me much confidence things will change any time soon. I read a piece on the Hailstate beat a couple months back that was about a compliance meeting - not much question to me that Stricklin ordered that write up. Where are our big donors to demand Bracky be re-assigned within the department? Here's something I'd like to see, and maybe I'll hunt for it myself - what are the resumes of each compliance director in the SEC? I would bet they all have either law or working for the NCAA on them. Bracky's: Starkville HS athletics. Eventually you have to look around and say, well, I guess the actual qualifications in current day are a little higher than what you have, sorry bud. It's like Strick is so focused on building the program he is forgetting to protect the program. We are building a mansion with Barney Fife manning the gate.

FlabLoser
06-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Exactly. Bracky is a fossil. An LT relic. The times and requirements for his job have escalated far beyond his qualifications.