PDA

View Full Version : Dawg61

msstate7
11-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Colorado beat auburn by 21 last night. I wouldn't bet too heavy on pearl getting them in the dance this season

Dawg61
11-18-2014, 08:34 AM
I watched it briefly. He has no players. It'll take longer than one year but they'll still be tough to beat at home this year.

DudyDawg
11-18-2014, 08:55 AM
The whole "has no players and it'll take some time" seems eerily familiar....

Dawg61
11-18-2014, 09:17 AM

Remember that. Let's see what Pearl can do because he certainly has a pile right now.

thedawg
11-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Remember that. Let's see what Pearl can do because he certainly has a pile right now.

Just for the record I dont think anyone has ever said that Bruce Pearl wasnt a better coach than Rick Ray. I think that Bruce Pearl is a phenomenal coach that will win alot at Auburn. I also think hes a sleaze ball and Auburn will be on sanctions by the time he leaves. Bruce Pearl is not Rick Rays measuring stick.... And what Bruce Pearl does or doesnt do at Auburn doesnt change that I hope the Rick Ray can be successful at Mississippi State.

Dawg61
11-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Just for the record I dont think anyone has ever said that Bruce Pearl wasnt a better coach than Rick Ray. I think that Bruce Pearl is a phenomenal coach that will win alot at Auburn. I also think hes a sleaze ball and Auburn will be on sanctions by the time he leaves. Bruce Pearl is not Rick Rays measuring stick.... And what Bruce Pearl does or doesnt do at Auburn doesnt change that I hope the Rick Ray can be successful at Mississippi State.

Well said and I agree

MadDawg
11-18-2014, 09:51 AM

Will their goal be to "challenge" for an NIT spot in year 3?

DudyDawg
11-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Probably for an ncaa tourney. I think pearl is a better coach. But I also think it's a double standard to say give him time bc he doesn't have a full roster, and say you don't want to give ray time to build one.

He has one now, let's see if he can win (for the record, I don't think he will)

Coach34
11-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Depends how many year ending injuries his players have and how many get removed from the program for multiple failed drug tests

Political Hack
11-18-2014, 10:16 AM

sadly, I laughed.

Dawg61
11-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Colorado isn't a crap team. They've been to 3 straight NCAA's and look like it'll be 4 in a row now. Auburn was without their 2nd leading scorer too. I wouldn't read too much into this game.

TheRef
11-18-2014, 11:51 AM
SEC is imploding. #8 Florida just lost to Miami in Gainesville.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
11-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Will Pearl be 7-29 in SEC games going into year 3?

msstate7
11-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Will Pearl be 7-29 in SEC games going into year 3?

Will you pull for pearl or ray?

JOHNHEVESYMADE
11-18-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm pulling for Ray so we can get Malik and turn this thing around. I'm convinced that if he doesn't get Malik he will inevitably fail. We simply aren't getting good enough players in our program. With BP it's not a matter of if its when he will get Auburn turned around.

msstate7
11-18-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm pulling for Ray so we can get Malik and turn this thing around. I'm convinced that if he doesn't get Malik he will inevitably fail. We simply aren't getting good enough players in our program. With BP it's not a matter of if its when he will get Auburn turned around.

I can agree with that. Malik is a must. Improvement is a must to get em

DanDority
11-18-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't know how true this is, but I was told by some bears that it is a forgone conclusion that Malik will sign with them. Anyone else heard this?

msstate7
11-18-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't know how true this is, but I was told by some bears that it is a forgone conclusion that Malik will sign with them. Anyone else heard this?

I don't believe it. That would be a huge slap in the face

SDDawg
11-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Y'all are an impatient bunch. **

codeDawg
11-18-2014, 06:35 PM

Bruce Perl + Auburn's Boosters + Adidas will make Auburn a high level program in a short amount of time. That's a winning formula. The NCAA has no bite anymore, especially in basketball, so don't get too excited about violations.

You are right though. Auburn is not the measuring stick if we're not going to play the same game they are.

I like Ray, but he's not shown me anything so far. At a certain point, bad luck doesn't explain it anymore. What started as reasons, are now becoming excuses. Let's see what happens here this season, but I'm not optimistic.