tcdog70
11-17-2014, 10:52 PM
http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111714aac.html

msstate7
11-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Good for him. Wish we would've pursued

Dawg61
11-18-2014, 12:54 AM
I'd take him especially since we've got an open spot but what we really need are two 6'4 guards that can shoot lights out. Guards that teams like Villanova or Gonzaga get every single year.

thf24
11-18-2014, 09:32 AM
I'd take him especially since we've got an open spot but what we really need are two 6'4 guards that can shoot lights out. Guards that teams like Villanova or Gonzaga get every single year.

I'm afraid that kind of player is disappearing in the southeast due to AAU. I think we're going to start seeing 6'1"-6'2" 2's like Dunlap become the norm, because short-sighted, less-than-competent AAU coaches stick their athletic 6'4" and 6'5" guys at forward and don't bother developing the skills they need to play at that size at the next level.

Coach34
11-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Not to mention a lot more of them are playing WR these days

CadaverDawg
11-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Must be a misprint, I was told Pollard was a bust.*

tcdog70
11-18-2014, 10:15 AM
He was good enough to play as a freshman at Bama. And he was All-State Juco and All-District-He must have some talent. Hope He is successful , He has a crazy Mama that almost messed Him up.

quickstrike2
11-18-2014, 10:24 AM
He was good enough to play as a freshman at Bama. And he was All-State Juco and All-District-He must have some talent. Hope He is successful , He has a crazy Mama that almost messed Him up.

I think he definitely has some talent. He did play as a freshman, but I thought he was less than impressive to have the 5 star billing from what I remember. Looking up stats he averaged 3pts and 3 boards at Bama.

Dawg61
11-18-2014, 11:22 AM
I think he definitely has some talent. He did play as a freshman, but I thought he was less than impressive to have the 5 star billing from what I remember. Looking up stats he averaged 3pts and 3 boards at Bama.

Pollard was terrible his freshman year at Bama. He was a true freshman though and it was the year his bat-shit crazy mom kidnapped a little girl and went to jail for it. So maybe he can get some slack.

tcdog70
11-18-2014, 01:16 PM
The fact that a Freshman comes in and contributes is huge. Especially at a team like Bama that had plenty of players. Remember-Timmy Bowers and Zimmerman both rode the pines when they were Freshmen. What if Stans gave up on Charles Rhodes?

quickstrike2
11-18-2014, 02:42 PM
The fact that a Freshman comes in and contributes is huge. Especially at a team like Bama that had plenty of players. Remember-Timmy Bowers and Zimmerman both rode the pines when they were Freshmen. What if Stans gave up on Charles Rhodes?

I agree he obviously has a lot of talent. I'm just looking at his Alabama stats and then his juco. 12 pts and 6 boards in Juco. So while I think he does he is talented, I dont think he is the 5 star talent that was billed. While saying that, I would still like him on our team.

msstate7
11-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Best thing that could've happened to pollard is getting away from this area