PDA

View Full Version : Would you hire Freeze?

DownwardDawg
11-17-2014, 03:42 PM
If I were the Florida President and my AD hired Freeze, I'd fire my AD. We're all joking about him leaving, but no way Florida would hire that dubmass. The Florida fan base would revolt. It'd be like the LA riots!

Jack Lambert
11-17-2014, 03:51 PM
No I would not. He recruits well here in the Bible belt but put him in Florida outside the lower Alabama area and he will not be able to fool mothers. Plus his offense is a gimmick that everyone has figured out and he has not proven anything.

ckDOG
11-17-2014, 04:43 PM
If I were the Florida Predident and my AD hired Freeze, I'd fire my AD. We're all joking about him leaving, but no way Florida would hire that dubmass. The Florida fan base would revolt. It'd be like the LA riots!

He couldn't handle the criticism there. He's too defensive for that high profile of a job.

codeDawg
11-17-2014, 04:52 PM
The category of "up and comers" is very small this year. He's one of the few in there, even if he has some deficiencies. I think Florida could land a big name in another conference looking for a change or an opportunity to do something different, so no, I wouldn't hire him.

HoopsDawg
11-17-2014, 04:59 PM
I think he would win big there. He is an excellent recruiter. They would always have a Top 5 if not Top 3 class. He runs an up-tempo, throw it around the yard offense that UF fans need to attend the games. It also suits all of that skill talent in the state of Fl. He has won at Ark. State and Ole Missus. And he has shown he he can have a great defense too. Also, he grew up idolizing Spurrier and that's why he wears the visor and goes for it so much on 4th down, etc. He would do fine with the alumni.

I also think there is a lack of viable candidates. I would put Freeze and Gundy as 1a and 1b.

DudyDawg
11-17-2014, 05:03 PM
I agree hoops. Taking away my hatred for him, he's been at TSUN for three years and has them as a top ten team (for now). He runs an offense that relies on athletes, which florida has a tonnnnn of, and even decent recruiters bring very talented classes to UF, and freeze has proven to be more than average. It's also a good time for freeze to leave, so he wouldnt need much convincing

DawgPoundtheRock
11-17-2014, 05:14 PM
If I were the Florida AD, I would go after Briles from Baylor. No way I would hire Freeze. Personally, I hope Freeze coaches at OM for the next 10 years.

shoeless joe
11-17-2014, 05:20 PM
He may not be the first name on the list but he's in top 4. He would win there...he's won everywhere else.

Tdawg
11-17-2014, 05:23 PM
If I were the Florida President and my AD hired Freeze, I'd fire my AD. We're all joking about him leaving, but no way Florida would hire that dubmass. The Florida fan base would revolt. It'd be like the LA riots!

Absolutely. What he has done in less than 3 years is nothing short of remarkable. Hell, if we're being real, what he's done in his first 3 years is pretty significantly more impressive than Dan's first 3. I'm not the kind of fan who thinks that a person must be scum as a result of his affiliation with the school I love to hate, so it's not too difficult for me to look at the fact that he's recruited well, developed players, had staff continuity and won ballgames. The are only two things that would give me some hesitation. First is some of the trouble in which some of his players seem to have found themselves. Second, it could be very reasonably argued that his "big" recruiting class was handed to him on a silver platter with the connections to Kimdiche, Treadwell and Connor. His class last year was good, not great and his class this year is good not great. But looking objectively, he's about as impressive an "up-and-comer" as there is out there.

DCdawg
11-17-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm still not sure that he can develop players. Who on their roster has gotten better since they arrived on campus? Treadwell and Conner were already dang good when they got there. Kimdeechi hasn't improved much IMO and Wallace hasn't gotten any better/smarter. OLine is still down. Had success on the DLine but he just takes smaller, quicker guys converts them to lineman and puts them in position to make plays. Just a different philosophy than recruiting bigger guys to plug holes.

Dog316
11-17-2014, 08:01 PM

---------

Yes, I would hire him in a moment! He could then hire the players, and win.

Dog316
11-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Absolutely. What he has done in less than 3 years is nothing short of remarkable. Hell, if we're being real, what he's done in his first 3 years is pretty significantly more impressive than Dan's first 3. I'm not the kind of fan who thinks that a person must be scum as a result of his affiliation with the school I love to hate, so it's not too difficult for me to look at the fact that he's recruited well, developed players, had staff continuity and won ballgames. The are only two things that would give me some hesitation. First is some of the trouble in which some of his players seem to have found themselves. Second, it could be very reasonably argued that his "big" recruiting class was handed to him on a silver platter with the connections to Kimdiche, Treadwell and Connor. His class last year was good, not great and his class this year is good not great. But looking objectively, he's about as impressive an "up-and-comer" as there is out there.

----------
Could the difference be our coach is building a program the right way while Freeze is building it based on . . . . . . . . ?

sbcmortgageman
11-17-2014, 08:09 PM
No way. Not with he NCAA sniffing his program. He'll be fired in two years.

TrapGame
11-17-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd hire him to do some lawn work. I've got a couple of pesky saplings that my garden shears can't quite get. But hire him to coach a football team? No.

MabenMaroon
11-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Hayellll!!!Nooo!!!! No beaver for me!:cool: