PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State/ TCU & Minnesota

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2014, 03:36 PM
It seems as though the media is giving Ohio State and TCU credit for beating Minnesota. Ohio State appears to be the darling of the media right now, but they only won by 7 points at Minnesota weekend.

Here is who Minnesota has beaten this season: Eastern Illinois, Middle Tennessee, San Jose State, Michigan, Northwestern, Purdue, and Iowa. All below average to horrendous teams.

So my question is: Is Minnesota any better than Kentucky?

We were criticized for beating Kentucky by 14 on the road, but Ohio State is being praised for beating Minnesota by 7 on the road. Who has Minnesota beaten to establish that they are worth a shit?

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2014, 04:55 PM
UK would beat Minnesota. They might beat OSU. OSU wouldn't win the SEC East.

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2014, 04:56 PM
We lost to Alabama in the road. Ohio State lost to the worst Virginia Tech team in 20 years., and I think that was at home. Enough said.

TUSK
11-17-2014, 05:19 PM
We lost to Alabama in the road. Ohio State lost to the worst Virginia Tech team in 20 years., and I think that was at home. Enough said.

I agree with this^... I think "bad losses" should trump everything, including Q wins...

Mjoelner34
11-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Minnesota was ranked 25th when OSU beat them so that won't count as a quality win since Minnesota will more than likely be out of the polls this week. If the committee does count that as a quality win, then they also have to still count LSU, aTm and Auburn as quality wins for us.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Minnesota was ranked 25th when OSU beat them so that won't count as a quality win since Minnesota will more than likely be out of the polls this week. If the committee does count that as a quality win, then they also have to still count LSU, aTm and Auburn as quality wins for us.

I agree, but the perception today is that Ohio State is rolling, even though they just struggled to beat a crappy team. A&M and LSU would likely run Minnesota off the field

Dawgowar
11-17-2014, 06:17 PM
I agree, but the perception today is that Ohio State is rolling, even though they just struggled to beat a crappy team. A&M and LSU would likely run Minnesota off the field

Shotgun,

The media does not vote. The formula is obvious. Record+Quality Wins (in or out of conference) factored with quality of losses. Minnesota will be out of the Top 25 along with A&M. The Ole Miss Win should keep LSU in barely, Auburn won't drop out, and if the Hogs keep winning they could appear by season's end. Also the Aggies might push back in.

The media has lost its power on this. They can project and bitch until the cows come home but they are not going to influence it. All of the networks have likely come to the same conculsion as Matt Wyatt but they continue the outrage and debate to sell beer commercials. If they reported the formula how could they develop storylines about conferences and their alleged strength and weaknesses? Making it a point not to listen to any talk radio sports-wise until after the rankings come out Tuesday.

Understand the game - Monday is Overreaction Day and Initial Projection day based on the old polls (Need to act like they matter), Tuesday is hardcore Committee projection followed by actual Committee - Wednesdays are "Committee Conspiracy Day" and then we go the rest of the week on the next wave of games and the effect they will have.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Shotgun,

The media does not vote. The formula is obvious. Record+Quality Wins (in or out of conference) factored with quality of losses. Minnesota will be out of the Top 25 along with A&M. The Ole Miss Win should keep LSU in barely, Auburn won't drop out, and if the Hogs keep winning they could appear by season's end. Also the Aggies might push back in.

The media has lost its power on this. They can project and bitch until the cows come home but they are not going to influence it. All of the networks have likely come to the same conculsion as Matt Wyatt but they continue the outrage and debate to sell beer commercials. If they reported the formula how could they develop storylines about conferences and their alleged strength and weaknesses? Making it a point not to listen to any talk radio sports-wise until after the rankings come out Tuesday.

Understand the game - Monday is Overreaction Day and Initial Projection day based on the old polls (Need to act like they matter), Tuesday is hardcore Committee projection followed by actual Committee - Wednesdays are "Committee Conspiracy Day" and then we go the rest of the week on the next wave of games and the effect they will have.

Best post of the day.

I could not agree more.