PDA

View Full Version : Vegas odds for UF coach

preachermatt83
11-17-2014, 03:09 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/bovada-releases-uf-coaching-odds/

MetEdDawg
11-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Some of those make zero sense to me. Like Malzahn. Why leave Auburn? Auburn to me is a way better job right now because he's already implemented his system, he's winning right now, and he's proven you can go to championships and compete every year. Why go to Florida and start all over?

I think UF is a good program, but why would some of these coaches want to leave where they are? If the stuff between Foley and Mullen weren't there, I STILL don't think Mullen would be a lock to go to Gainesville. He's built us up, he's going to be the best coach in our history, and he's got significantly less pressure to win big, even though he thinks and we all think that we can eventually get there.

Gundy makes sense. McElwain makes sense even with the extension. UF could pay that easily. Stoops makes sense because it might just be time for a change of scenery for him. Rich Rod makes sense. But Mike Shanahan? Really? Spurrier? Even Patterson to me doesn't make sense because he can be right in the middle of Texas recruiting, compete each year in the Big 12, and never have to worry about the SEC and the pressure tied to it. He's got a good thing going. Why ruin that?

msstate7
11-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Sec east path to champuonship much easier than sec west. Malzahn was a huge spurrier fan so maybe he wants to follow his path

DownwardDawg
11-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Sec east path to champuonship much easier than sec west. Malzahn was a huge spurrier fan so maybe he wants to follow his path

I agree. I wish MSU could move to the East! Imagine that schedule this year.

1bigdawg
11-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Gundy, the frontrunner? Really? He's 5-5 in the Big 12. And it's not like Boone State U has lacked resources. I would rather have Muschamp... by a long shot.