PDA

View Full Version : So ESPN is reporting Mullen wont be considered for Fla job...but Freezus

Coach34
11-17-2014, 01:21 PM
is a candidate. Good to see them catch up to what I said a month ago. Good work ESPN

CadaverDawg
11-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Better hit the crootin trail with that info

SDDawg
11-17-2014, 01:26 PM
I'll bet Javon Patterson would be interested to know this.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Somebody needs to let Javon know that not only could Freeze be gone, but his position coach, Luke, may be run out of town after the season regardless.

defiantdog
11-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Florida wants Petrino or Chip Kelly. I don't see Kelly leaving The Eagles though. Brian Kelly is another name popping up. Freeze isn't a big enough name for Florida. They want an offensive mindset who knows how to win

Saltydog
11-17-2014, 01:35 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-11-16/florida-fires-will-muschamp-replacements-bob-stoops-hugh-freeze-steve-spurrier-rich-rodriguez-jim-mora

Coach34
11-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Florida wants Petrino or Chip Kelly. I don't see Kelly leaving The Eagles though. Brian Kelly is another name popping up. Freeze isn't a big enough name for Florida. They want an offensive mindset who knows how to win

Petrino's buyout is 8 figures- no chance he leaves Louisville. Chip Kelly isnt likely to leave Philly. Florida aint gonna have much of a choice- and Freezus is an offensive and recruiting guru I heard

thf24
11-17-2014, 01:40 PM

I don't think they have a shot at a top tier name right now. They might have to settle for a back up plan candidate like Freeze.

BeardoMSU
11-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Y'all shouldn't get too excited about this. This is exactly how sports media works; they throw out names based on nothing more than their personal opinion. I have a hard time seeing Beave leave the Plantation.

AlmostPositive
11-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Freeze to Florida would be the most humorous football event in Mississippi since the Ed Orgeron "Yaw-yaw-yaw, footbaw" video. Priceless irony if it happens.

maroonmania
11-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Freeze to Florida would be the most humorous football event in Mississippi since the Ed Orgeron "Yaw-yaw-yaw, footbaw" video. Priceless irony if it happens.

Highly unlikely you will ever see much of an SEC team to SEC team move by a head coach in this day and age. About the only way that happens would be if some coach in the SEC has a direct tie to another SEC school (like going back to an alma mater type situation). Otherwise the league office is strongly discouraging such a move.

DLGDawg
11-17-2014, 01:56 PM
But hell, that's the fun part....as long as it aint us!!!

Y'all shouldn't get too excited about this. This is exactly how sports media works; they throw out names based on nothing more than their personal opinion. I have a hard time seeing Beave leave the Plantation.

GTHOM
11-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Nothing would be better than beating ole miss in oxford and sending the rev. running to gainesville. i will pray for his soul

TrapGame
11-17-2014, 01:58 PM
I hear Freeze is already looking at churches in Gainsville. He also took a trip to the local Barnhills to recruit the big 'uns at the buffet.

AlmostPositive
11-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Strategically, Freeze-to-Florida should be mentioned at every opportunity. Doesn't matter how unlikely it is. It is what would be done to us for recruiting purposes.

BeardoMSU
11-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Nothing would be better than beating ole miss in oxford and sending the rev. running to gainesville. i will pray for his soul

How many years are on his contract currently?

Oh the irony..."Commitment is staying loyal to what you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it in, has left you"

BeardoMSU
11-17-2014, 02:05 PM
I hear Freeze is already looking at churches in Gainsville. He also took a trip to the local Barnhills to recruit the big 'uns at the buffet.

Well....he'll find plenty of reptiles down in the swamp.

#insertsnakehandlingpicturehere

GTHOM
11-17-2014, 02:06 PM
How many years are on his contract currently?

Oh the irony..."Commitment is staying loyal to what you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it in, has left you"

I have no idea, but i would love to see a tuberville type exit

Coach34
11-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Highly unlikely you will ever see much of an SEC team to SEC team move by a head coach in this day and age. About the only way that happens would be if some coach in the SEC has a direct tie to another SEC school (like going back to an alma mater type situation). Otherwise the league office is strongly discouraging such a move.

Interesting how not one of their fans took this position earlier this year when talking about Mullen- or even today for that matter. Leave it to State fans though....

GTHOM
11-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Interesting how not one of their fans took this position earlier this year when talking about Mullen- or even today for that matter. Leave it to State fans though....

Gets it

GTHOM
11-17-2014, 02:13 PM
also, has anyone thought of mike gundy to florida? hes been at ok state a while and he might think its time for a change. fits what theyll be looking for perfectly

State82
11-17-2014, 02:16 PM
FoxSports has joined in on the Bucky to UF possibility.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-17-2014, 02:33 PM
also, has anyone thought of mike gundy to florida? hes been at ok state a while and he might think its time for a change. fits what theyll be looking for perfectly

Nope, it's HF or bust for FU**

BossDawg
11-17-2014, 03:10 PM

I think we should. We should be shouting it from the rooftops. UMiss fans throw Mullen's name around every single time he's mentioned for another job.

GTHOM
11-17-2014, 03:15 PM
I think we should. We should be shouting it from the rooftops. UMiss fans throw Mullen's name around every single time he's mentioned for another job.

yep

IMissJack
11-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Please let this happen. Maybe Freeze is trolling for a raise.

IMissJack
11-17-2014, 07:28 PM
OSU alum, and doesn't seen to fit the FL mold.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2014, 07:52 PM

Yep

KB21
11-18-2014, 01:23 AM
I saw where Bovada has put odds on this coaching search. Mike Gundy is at 4:1 odds right now to land the job with Jim McElwain running 2nd at 9:2 odds. Gundy turned down the Tennessee job two years ago, so you have to wonder if he is looking to make a move. I could see McElwain taking the job.

AlmostPositive
11-18-2014, 01:50 AM
Gundy is 5-5 headed for 5-7. Zero chance he goes to Florida off a losing season.

KB21
11-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Gundy is 5-5 headed for 5-7. Zero chance he goes to Florida off a losing season.

Well, he's been given the best odds for a reason.

IMO, we are not going to see much movement from one SEC team to another, if any. Right now, coaching in the SEC is a destination job, period. Florida will hire an established head coach that comes from either the Big 12, ACC, or one of the smaller conferences.

Political Hack
11-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Well, he's been given the best odds for a reason.

IMO, we are not going to see much movement from one SEC team to another, if any. Right now, coaching in the SEC is a destination job, period. Florida will hire an established head coach that comes from either the Big 12, ACC, or one of the smaller conferences.

generally I would agree, but with the possibility of big time probation looming, anything is possible in O-town right now. They can't force a coach to stay put and pay the price for what the guy in front of him did.

defiantdog
11-18-2014, 10:38 AM
I saw where Bovada has put odds on this coaching search. Mike Gundy is at 4:1 odds right now to land the job with Jim McElwain running 2nd at 9:2 odds. Gundy turned down the Tennessee job two years ago, so you have to wonder if he is looking to make a move. I could see McElwain taking the job.

McElwain's buyout is around 7 mil..... I don't see Florida paying that since they are already paying Muschamp 6 mil to leave. I wonder if Florida will go after Doc Holliday at Marshall. He worked for Meyer at Florida and he's a hell of a recruiter. I don't see him as a first option, but he's a hell of a coach.

Political Hack
11-18-2014, 11:13 AM
McElwain's buyout is around 7 mil..... I don't see Florida paying that since they are already paying Muschamp 6 mil to leave. I wonder if Florida will go after Doc Holliday at Marshall. He worked for Meyer at Florida and he's a hell of a recruiter. I don't see him as a first option, but he's a hell of a coach.

they'd be better served to go after the best coach rather than the best name. "Best name" didn't work so well for them this time around.