PDA

View Full Version : Another Basketball commit ....

CadaverDawg
06-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Twitters: "After landing 2015 PF Joseph Struggs earlier in the week, Mississippi State secured a commitment from 2015 wing Dante Scott of Georgia."

Hope Ray is a good evaluator of talent.

CadaverDawg
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
He is listed as a SG at 6'5" 175 lbs.

maroonmania
06-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Hope Ray is a good evaluator of talent.

True, because neither of these guys have any other significant offers.

Will James
06-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Hopefully all of our previous basketball expenses is now going to go towards baseball. Im not sure if there's any coalition between the two but I'll take hosting regionals and being all in with baseball if it means our hoops turn into Auburn. There is one sport we can win a championship in and it's time we go all in.

Coach34
06-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Its really not hard to have a competitive basketball program. Hell, we're saving 500K with Ray over Stands in salary

Ray has showed us he can coach and that he can instill discipline into a program. Now we have to see over the next couple of years if he can recruit or not

Todd4State
06-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Hopefully all of our previous basketball expenses is now going to go towards baseball. Im not sure if there's any coalition between the two but I'll take hosting regionals and being all in with baseball if it means our hoops turn into Auburn. There is one sport we can win a championship in and it's time we go all in.

It will be interesting to see if donations that are earmarked for baseball go up or not. I imagine that Scott is about to start getting some pressure to renovate Dudy-Noble very soon, but the "problem" is we seem to be really focused on football and trying to get those facilities up to par and are putting other sports kind of on the back-burner for the moment.

Todd4State
06-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Its really not hard to have a competitive basketball program. Hell, we're saving 500K with Ray over Stands in salary

Ray has showed us he can coach and that he can instill discipline into a program. Now we have to see over the next couple of years if he can recruit or not

Not to mention we had a ridiculous amount of injuries last year.