PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion of FSU ?

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 09:59 PM
This is about their football team, not about legal stuff, character, etc....

It seems as though the media has a different attitude about them today than they did before their game last night.

Before last night's game, FSU was the under achieving team that had won all their games, but hadn't played anyone.

Today, the media seems to think FSU is a team of destiny, that can turn on the switch whenever they want, and won't be beat. All this despite, Clemson losing to Georgia Tech yesterday and Notre Dame losing to Northwestern.

My question is what do you think about them? Non-ranked teams are giving them hell every week, yet for some reason, many people believe they should be ranked number one this week, after having to come from behind to defeat a non-ranked Miami team on what was basically a neutral field.

FSU doesn't have one top 25 win and has needed comebacks in many games.

What are your thoughts? If you put FSU in, then why not put Marshall in as well?

MSUDawg4Life
11-16-2014, 10:02 PM
I think they are a good team. Very talented especially at the QB position and on defense. With that said, I think probably the top half of the SEC can beat them.

AlmostPositive
11-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Their athletic department does a job of promoting the rights of thieves, drunk drivers, and rapists to roam unfettered.

msstate7
11-16-2014, 10:07 PM
I think they could beat anyone in the country on any given day. I also think any top 40 team could beat them on any given day also. They are very talented and have the most talented player in the country, but they just seem out of control at times

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Do they deserve to be in the playoffs?

SignalToNoise
11-16-2014, 10:09 PM
If we slept walk through as many games people would say we were not as good as advertised and didn't belong to be ranked so high, so I will give FSU the same treatment.

Overrated team playing in a piece of shit conference.

SDDawg
11-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Talented at QB and WR, not sure about their OL and running game because I don't think they've played a really stout defense yet. Defense has speed but didn't get the level of pressure I would have expected against Notre Dame and Louisville (at least not until late). I think they'd win the SEC East, maybe. Would have 2 - 3 losses in the West easily, maybe more.

msstate7
11-16-2014, 10:12 PM

Defending national champs, defending heisman trophy winner, 26 game winning streak... Yeah, I think they should be in

TUSK
11-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Defending national champs, defending heisman trophy winner, 26 game winning streak... Yeah, I think they should be in

I agree with this.

they have a high ceiling but also a lower floor than most teams...

additionally, there is not a truly dominant team this year... FSU is in as long as they are undefeated... maybe #4, but they are in.

Eddie****inGoldman, dammit!

whosyourdawgy
11-16-2014, 10:21 PM
I think Jimbo must've sold his soul to the devil or something. They are the luckiest team this side of Auburn last season. Miami dlineman makes a great play to deflect a pass and it deflects right Into the hand of a receiver who runs untouched into the endzone. There were at least 2 passes Winston threw that hit dbs in the hands for easy picks and they drop both. That's just the ones I can think of from last nights game. Winston can be phenomenal but they have been unimpressive to be a 10-0 team. But until they get beat, they deserve to be in it. I would love the chance at them.

Bothrops
11-17-2014, 01:43 AM
They are very good. They are physical when they have to be and Winston is as accurate as any qb I've seen. They are definitely better than Oregon too.

Dawg61
11-17-2014, 01:56 AM
I think FSU is damn good. They have probably a top 15 current NFL QB playing for them and Jimbo can coach. Whoever has to play them in the playoffs will have the toughest game to win outside of vs Bama.

It_Could_Happen
11-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Not a very talented team with an extremely talented QB that can win you games by himself.

dawgs
11-17-2014, 03:27 AM
They are very good. They are physical when they have to be and Winston is as accurate as any qb I've seen. They are definitely better than Oregon too.

A healthy (like they've been since ucla) Oregon would roll f$u unless f$u came out playing unlike we've seen them play for a full game this season. Oregon would've have put the Louisville, nc st, Miami, ND, clemson, etc. games out of reach before f$u could "flip the switch". Miami played that 4th quarter not to lose and f$u got an auburn-esq play on the tipped pass that went to the RB for the easy td.

I hope and pray that we get in opposite f$u in a semi-final.

dawgs
11-17-2014, 03:28 AM
As for the narrative, gotta keep the stories fresh for the 24/7 news cycle is all.

MabenMaroon
11-17-2014, 06:54 AM
I feel that any of the SEC teams that have exhibited a power running game like UGA, Bama, UPig, MSU would be mismatches for FSU defense. Bama, LSU, tsun, MSU, UGA and UPig defenses would tear Winston's head off and shove it up Jimbo's arse. Bama, MSU, UPig and "good" UGA would have enough combination of D an O to run FSU out of the stadium. Missouri, Auburn, tsun and LSU would give a good game but FSU's horseshoe would pull it out. ( I should say good LSU on all of the above ).

bulldawg28
11-17-2014, 07:12 AM
I think FSU is a decent team but will be destroyed by any team that's physical. I believe they'll lose in the playoffs during the 1st round. I'm hoping we get the opportunity.

BulldogBear
11-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Should be reality cop show about their campus police. Would be best in history of reality tv and cop shows.

I had to.

Jack Lambert
11-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Get behind like that to any SEC west team and they will lose every time.

whosyourdawgy
11-17-2014, 09:49 AM
I will say this about FSU. That #4 rb is a bad mother. He is FAST, breaks tackles, and makes great cuts. I have no idea why he doesn't get more touches.

jumbo
11-17-2014, 10:11 AM
I think they are a very good team. Winston is the best pro-style QB and is a winner. Defensively they have taken a step back from last year, but they know how to win.

Maroonthirteen
11-17-2014, 10:49 AM
FSU is damn good. They have athletes everywhere and can be physical. Louisville and Miami games were both on the road and those teams wanted those games badly. When FSU needed to come back, they did. I was hopefully Miami would win in the 1st half. However you could see in the 2nd half was the much better and would win. They aren't destroying teams for the same reason we didn't destroy Arkansas and had a 3 and out on the opening possession vs utm.

With all that said, they will lose to anyone else in the top 4-6 if they spot leads like they have been.

Martianlander
11-17-2014, 01:38 PM
If they were in the SEC West-about an 8-4 team.

Johnson85
11-17-2014, 02:08 PM

Only because they are defending national champs. Ideally it wouldn't matter what happened in previous seasons, but while they have looked like shit and don't have a particularly good win on their schedule, you can't keep an undefeated national champion out of the 4 team playoff. While I think it's unlikely, you can't prove that they can't turn on a switch when they need to. They should schedule better knowing that most of the ACC competition won't be good, but they did schedule ND and it's not really their fault that Clemson is bad.